Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 11:38 AM

17,156 posts, read 15,373,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
LMAO maybe howling is a better word than screaming. and when a 3 or 4 or 40 year old is on the verge of peeing themselves, aiming that fire hose into a bottle would be nearly impossible. Maybe a pee bucket...then you have to empty it. This all seems so ridiculous!
Or, as suggested by some, the kid's sippy cup LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 04:21 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
LMAO maybe howling is a better word than screaming. and when a 3 or 4 or 40 year old is on the verge of peeing themselves, aiming that fire hose into a bottle would be nearly impossible. Maybe a pee bucket...then you have to empty it. This all seems so ridiculous!
Eww! I'm glad I don't live in your household if you think that even 40-year-old men being able to aim their stream is nearly impossible.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:33 PM

1,860 posts, read 1,246,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Eww! I'm glad I don't live in your household if you think that even 40-year-old men being able to aim their stream is nearly impossible.
Haha I know 40 year old men can control their aim. And a 40 year old wouldn't wait until his bladder is bursting to finally pee. But if he waited until he couldnt literally go another step before peeing his pants, the chances of successfully peeing in a bottle is pretty slim

Old 04-13-2019, 11:12 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,365,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
The kid was already in private to begin with. They were in the car. Why expose the kid to the public when you don't have to? I think given the options the mother had here, the cop acted appropriately. The mother didn't put the public in best interest here.

One day instead of 1 out of 3 Americans have a record, it will be almost 3/3. The U.S. punishes far too much.

Old 04-13-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Like pee on seat of the car or on the floor of the car???? Not everyone has an empty container ready to hold urine in their vehicle at all times.

I know...people are making it seem as if everyone who has kids must travel with an empty bottle/container just in case.

Old 04-13-2019, 12:15 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Maybe parents who have a 3 year old who can't walk a few feet to a toilet should be a person who keeps a container to pee in, in the car as standard equipment.

Children generally start to develop good bladder control by the age of two. A three year old who is freshly potty trained, as claimed by the mother, is far behind schedule.

From mommy's entitlement attitude, there is a very good chance that she escalated a verbal warning into a citation. I notice that the citation wasn't actually for peeing in a parking lot.
Not my son. He wasn't anywhere near reliable until he was three. He also refused to pee in the car bottle. He'd become very upset, cry, and start shouting, shrieking, "NO! MOMMY, NO! I CAN'T! DON'T MAKE ME!" That got some looks. I'm surprised that no one called the police.

Old 04-13-2019, 03:57 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I know...people are making it seem as if everyone who has kids must travel with an empty bottle/container just in case.
You make it sound like it's a bad idea. If you know your kid has trouble holding it (potty training!) why wouldn't you have a back up plan? This mom wouldn't be having to deal with the fallout if she had been better prepared. I'll never understand people who rely on luck instead of preparation.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
You make it sound like it's a bad idea. If you know your kid has trouble holding it (potty training!) why wouldn't you have a back up plan? This mom wouldn't be having to deal with the fallout if she had been better prepared. I'll never understand people who rely on luck instead of preparation.

To be honest, the mom could have gotten a ticket had the policeman seen her kid urinating in the car and so what difference does it make? Just because it's in the car doesn't make it private. There are states where you can be in your own house without clothes on but if people from outside can see you, you'd get charged.

You all complain about this but don't get mad that dogs can sh** anywhere they want at parks (as long as the owner picks up after). I can't tell you how annoying it is walking EVERYWHERE and smelling dog sh** ALL THE TIME. I'm pretty sure this lady doesn't do this often. It was probably just a spur of the moment thing and it just so happened a policeman was there. If it's something she does all the time, then of course it should be addressed.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:50 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
What's the rest of the story?

My 3 year-old never pee'd in a parking lot. A 3 year-old is old enough to ask for a toilet, so there has to be more to this story.
It's typical uncivilized behavior these days. These are the same kinds of people who change diapers on tops of tables in restaurants to protest there being no changing tables in both restrooms.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:19 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
To be honest, the mom could have gotten a ticket had the policeman seen her kid urinating in the car and so what difference does it make? Just because it's in the car doesn't make it private. There are states where you can be in your own house without clothes on but if people from outside can see you, you'd get charged.

You all complain about this but don't get mad that dogs can sh** anywhere they want at parks (as long as the owner picks up after). I can't tell you how annoying it is walking EVERYWHERE and smelling dog sh** ALL THE TIME. I'm pretty sure this lady doesn't do this often. It was probably just a spur of the moment thing and it just so happened a policeman was there. If it's something she does all the time, then of course it should be addressed.

Maybe if dogs were allowed in public restrooms ? But ya'll don't want that, of course *eye roll* Dogs have no choice but to **** outside helllllloooooooooo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events