Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 12:47 PM

912 posts, read 1,888,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
There is nothing wrong with Dallas or any other american city being majority hispanic.
Well, that is your opinion and it is admirable. Let me complement your parents on bringing you up correctly. But, you know, we aren't talking about the truth here. We are talking about perceptions. There must be a problem with having a majority population of Hispanics because no one wants to admit that they have one. And, you know, perhaps there are things in the Hispanic culture that tend to keep them impoverished? Take a look at the Catholic religion. Most places where it has a dominate influence there exists stark poverty and Hispanics are majority Catholic. Also, Hispanics are more family oriented than whites or blacks. Why doesn't Mexico have a death penalty? Well, it isn't because they are natural bleeding heart liberals. No, it is because family members down there tend to take care of vengence.
Do larger Hispanic familes pick on smaller ones? They do indeed.
You know, this primitiveness takes us all the way back to before the time of Shakespear. Shoot, you can't even begin to solve the problems with racism until you've first solved the problems with family prejudice (Romeo and Juliet).
Who has the most gangs?
Anglos are not as much family oriented as other cultures and that is a good thing.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
I never denied that. I am pretty sure that Anglos are moving away from California along with Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and everything else. The reason why you assume that it is only whites is because when they move they dont have new Anglo immigrants to replace them so it's easier to see it in the numbers than it would be for Asians and Hispanics who are constantly being replaced by new immigrants from Asia and Latin America. It is no secret that Hispanics and Blacks earn less than Whites and Asians. So guess who thinks about leaving the most when the cost of living goes up? That is all I said.

One word. Money. It is not about race or immigration. If it was then we would see them (along with Texas based companies) moving in droves to Utah, Kansas, and so on as more Hispanics move in.
You make no sense. Why is California spending so much money? Is it because it is a conservative state? Nope. Who makes up the conservative party? Anglos. Look, good or bad, it is mostly Anglos fleeing from the state of California. I was reading that it isn't because of the lack of jobs, but because housing is unaffordable.
Yes. On your second part, I can see people and companies moving out from Houston and the northern part of San Antonio to settle in Austin and in Dallas - Fort Worth. See, Texas is a region in its own right as we have been granted the right to one day divide itself into five states if we so choose to do so. I don't see Anglo people and companies having to move out of the state at first, but move towards the northern part of the state which, in comparison, is the same as moving out of state in most instances.
Strange how we naturally equate Anglos with companies. Where Anglos move, there go the companies.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:06 PM

687 posts, read 1,578,343 times
You certainly have some interesting theories on various races and cultures, Mr. Nifty. They make very little sense and don't seem realistic at all, but they are certainly novel--I will give you that.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:09 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,739,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
Before saying that something is idiotic, get your facts straight. First off, there is a difference between Mexican Americans and Mexican Nationals. You don't lump all those people into one. Talk to Mexican Americans and they will tell you how they feel contempt for Mexican Nationals similarly to how southerners feel intimidated by northerners. The biggest numbers of murdered in Houston on the weekend twenty years ago happened in bars frequented by Mexican Nationals and Mexican Americans. Does this still happen? Who knows. Because of LULAC, the newspaper no longer publishes those statistics. It is funny how people in here go to vote and they don't even realize there is already a drastic cultural difference between a Mexican American and a Mexican National.
The Mexican Americans living here do not want any part of Mexico. So, you have to discount them from the numbers of so-called "Mexicans." I would go so far to venture that such people are likewise looking for a way of escaping from the illegals invading our nation.
You have to admit that the perception is real. Any place where you have Hispanics living, the perception is you will have poverty. No one wants that. Not even Mexicans.
I guess the real question is which metropolitan area has the largest numbers of illegals, Dallas - Fort Worth or Houston?
I was not lumping Mexican Americans and Mexicans together, which was why I found your idea ridiculous in the first place. And first of all why would someone move from Houston to Dallas if they were really that concerned about illegal immigration. In case you did not notice Texas now attracts more illegal immigrants than California, and DFW has the 3rd largest foreign born Mexican population in the US per MSA. Saying Houstonians and San Antonians are going to flee either city for either Austin or Dallas when both cities are going through the same demographic changes (and at a much faster rate I might add) is just sheer stupidity. If companies were going to relocate to an area where it is predominately anglo (as you earlier stated) the entire state of Texas would not be gaining as many companies as it is now, and the companies that we did have would be relocating to Oklahoma, Utah, etc since they are more predominately anglo.

Last edited by diablo234; 09-23-2010 at 01:24 PM..

Old 09-23-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
I was not lumping Mexican Americans and Mexicans together, which was why I found your idea ridiculous in the first place. And first of all why would someone move from Houston to Dallas if they were really that concerned about illegal immigration. In case you did not notice Texas now attracts more illegal immigrants than California, and DFW has the 3rd largest foreign born Mexican population in the US per MSA. Saying Houstonians and San Antonians are going to flee either city for either Austin or Dallas when both cities are going through the same demographic changes (and at a much faster rate I might add) is just sheer stupidity. If companies were going to relocate to an area where it is predominately anglo (as you earlier stated) the entire state of Texas would not be gaining as many companies as it is now, and the companies that we did have would be relocating to Oklahoma, Utah, etc since they are more predominately anglo.
No, I'm thinking in terms of Texas being a region. Its shear size takes in many states in comparison to California. The Anglos in Houston and the northern portion of San Antonio don't need to flee to Oklahoma and Arkansas at first, but they can just flee to Dallas - Fort Worth and Austin.
Like you said, it isn't the established population of Hispanics that Anglos will be fleeing from, but it will be the invasion coming in from Mexico. As Houston has two major freeways leading to Mexico, by way of highway 59 and the I-10 interstate via San Antonio, there is only one leading into Mexico from the Dallas - Fort Worth area, by way of I - 35. This puts the Houston metropolitan area closer to Mexico and the invasion across the border.
As this is happening in California, and will continue to do so (wake up), I see this happening in Texas in the not too distant future.
Let me ask you, where are Anglos fleeing to now in the Houston area? Well, they are fleeing to the southwest beyond Sugarland along I-59, to the west out by Katy along I-10, and to the north in the Woodlands along I-45. A lot of people are also moving south to Pearland and beyond along 288. So, this establishes that they are fleeing.
The next logical step would be for them to pick up totally and flee north. As far away as The Woodlands is from the border of Mexico, the city of Frisco in Collin county is even further north.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:00 PM

687 posts, read 1,578,343 times
Nobody is fleeing in Texas. This is getting ridiculous. People are fleeing California because it's too expensive to live there--that's it. The downtown areas of Dallas, Houston, Fort Worth, Austin, and I don't know how many other cities are experiencing Anglos who are moving back into the city as they are redeveloped. This state is growing because people are moving here from other states. Growth in Sugarland and the Woodlands is not everybody from Houston fleeing the "scary" Hispanics--it's also people moving in from out of state or people looking for better schools.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm214 View Post
You certainly have some interesting theories on various races and cultures, Mr. Nifty. They make very little sense and don't seem realistic at all, but they are certainly novel--I will give you that.
I have a little insight into the situation. You see, I married a Mexican National. My two sons are bilinguial. While I do think it is okay for Mexicans to migrate to this nation, I don't think they should be allowed to bring in with them the same damned tyranny that they fled from.

Contrary to foreign opinion, a nation becomes one because the people establishing it believe they have something superior to everything existing on the other side of the borders. We have a special nation because of our Founding Fathers. As our national Founding Fathers defeated tyranny to form our great nation, our Texas Founding Fathers defeated tyranny here in Texas to draw the line further against it.

Look, we in Texas feel helpless because the powerful in Washington are forcing us to spread our legs to welcome in anyone coming up to cross over our borders.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm214 View Post
Nobody is fleeing in Texas. This is getting ridiculous. People are fleeing California because it's too expensive to live there--that's it. The downtown areas of Dallas, Houston, Fort Worth, Austin, and I don't know how many other cities are experiencing Anglos who are moving back into the city as they are redeveloped. This state is growing because people are moving here from other states. Growth in Sugarland and the Woodlands is not everybody from Houston fleeing the "scary" Hispanics--it's also people moving in from out of state or people looking for better schools.
Look, when Exxon builds its new headquarters, it won't be in downtown Houston, Uptown, or in the Energy Corridor. No, it will be just south of The Woodlands.
I think you make the same mistake that others make in regards to what causes massive shifts in population. It isn't the big stresses, but the culmination of lots of little ones. With the massive invasion coming across the border from Mexico into Texas, there are lots of little stresses. At first, just a few people move. When that movement becomes the fashionable thing to do, then it becomes villified.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:15 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
No, I'm thinking in terms of Texas being a region. Its shear size takes in many states in comparison to California. The Anglos in Houston and the northern portion of San Antonio don't need to flee to Oklahoma and Arkansas at first, but they can just flee to Dallas - Fort Worth and Austin.
Like you said, it isn't the established population of Hispanics that Anglos will be fleeing from, but it will be the invasion coming in from Mexico. As Houston has two major freeways leading to Mexico, by way of highway 59 and the I-10 interstate via San Antonio, there is only one leading into Mexico from the Dallas - Fort Worth area, by way of I - 35. This puts the Houston metropolitan area closer to Mexico and the invasion across the border.
As this is happening in California, and will continue to do so (wake up), I see this happening in Texas in the not too distant future.
Let me ask you, where are Anglos fleeing to now in the Houston area? Well, they are fleeing to the southwest beyond Sugarland along I-59, to the west out by Katy along I-10, and to the north in the Woodlands along I-45. A lot of people are also moving south to Pearland and beyond along 288. So, this establishes that they are fleeing.
The next logical step would be for them to pick up totally and flee north. As far away as The Woodlands is from the border of Mexico, the city of Frisco in Collin county is even further north.
Do you ever look at or consider facts when posting? The Mexican community in Houston and San Antonio is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more established than the Mexican community in Dallas (and DFW). By contrast, on the whole, DFW's Mexican community is much more blue collar, impoverished, and foreign born.

What makes me say that you might ask?

As of 2007, here is some hard data to chew on:

Total Mexican population per metro area (inclusive of Mexicans born in US):

Greater Houston: 1,523,765
Dallas/Fort Worth: 1,489,901

Foreign born Mexicans only:

Greater Houston: 588,143
Dallas/Fort Worth: 634,589

While the Houston metro area has more total Mexicans, the Metroplex is home to the 3rd largest foreign born Mexican community in the US. Those are the Mexicans that most people try and stay away from, not the Mexicans that have been here for generations and have become Americanized.

The roads going to Mexico theory is definitely one of the more dumb ones I have heard. If that is the case, why does Greater Chicago have more Mexicans and as many total Latinos as Greater Houston? There are no direct roads going there.

I strongly suggest you look at this link:

Swing State Project: Demographic Sea Change in Texas

In the core of the Greater Houston metro area, 116,518 new White residents came between 2000 and 2007. By contrast, only 65,245 new white residents came to the Metroplex.

To add to all of this the last year on year that Greater Houston received more Mexicans than DFW was 1999.

I might also add that Greater Houston is receiving as many domestic residents as DFW. Since 2000, DFW received approximately 965,000 new domestic residents, Greater Houston received approximately 919,000.

So tell me again, since we now have established that DFW is receiving a larger "invasion" from Mexico and Greater Houston has received as many (by percentage) new domestic residents since 2000 as DFW, what's the difference?

Old 09-23-2010, 02:16 PM

4 posts, read 6,477 times
yea it is... i'm one of the "anchor babies" i dont mind being called that i think its funny. i live in the ghetto here in oak cliff mostly black and mexican but becoming more mexican every day. the culture is becoming more mexican tho most people tearing down the english signs and replacing with spanish and u cant get a job unless u speak spanish here. also i dunno about most of the mexicans being legal i know most of my friends arent i gotta drive them around cuz if the cop stops he cant do anything to me since im legal and cant ask them about their citizenship stuff cuz of the sanctuary city. and the police dont care about the illegals anyways, come to certain areas of south oak cliff and you can see the vans full of like 12 people mostly mexicans and other from central america who got smuggled in... they drop them off here its crazy me and my friend counted 700 people dropped in oak cliff one weekend, but they keep smuggling them in for the $$$ plus like i said police and ppl of dallas dont seem to care. if u watch univision they said texas will be 70% hispanic by 2050 and the future language is spanish not english... which i dont mind really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas