Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 07:16 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
Sheds and lawn ornaments are redneck. Apparently some people like them. Personaly I think it looks trashy and I believe most HOA's agree. Thankful for HOA to prevent that from happening where I live.
Sheds are not redneck. Where are you supposed to keep your lawn mower, power tools, etc? You might not have room for them in the garage. If someone accused me of being a redneck because the house I bought had a shed in the yard, I would tell them to take their busybody nose out of my business and plant a hedge if they don't want to see the shed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 07:38 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,016,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Sheds are not redneck. Where are you supposed to keep your lawn mower, power tools, etc? You might not have room for them in the garage. If someone accused me of being a redneck because the house I bought had a shed in the yard, I would tell them to take their busybody nose out of my business and plant a hedge if they don't want to see the shed.

Looks trashy... I know it's not allowed in my area and I totally support that. it's pretty new area and a little hilly, not much but by Texas Standards it is and we don't really have many fences except wrought iron ones on the back end. It's pretty open, so no I would not want to see some crappy shed in a backyard when I am looking out my window.

Your garage look like something from sanford and son because everyone I know including us are able to store 2 lawnmowers, garden tools hanging from the wall plus misc holiday items and pool equipment.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:51 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
Looks trashy... I know it's not allowed in my area and I totally support that. it's pretty new area and a little hilly, not much but by Texas Standards it is and we don't really have many fences except wrought iron ones on the back end. It's pretty open, so no I would not want to see some crappy shed in a backyard when I am looking out my window.

Your garage look like something from sanford and son because everyone I know including us are able to store 2 lawnmowers, garden tools hanging from the wall plus misc holiday items and pool equipment.
Wow. What a snob.

My garage is neatly organized and has room for 2 cars.

The shed was here when I bought the house. It is not corrugated metal or something you could buy at Wal-Mart. It has electricity and its own pier and beam foundation. It is probably built better than your house.

Don't go judging anyone there. Some "crappy" shed huh. Ugh, I am glad you do not live in my neighborhood. Then again, we do not hae an HOA so your head would probably explode.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:00 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,890,363 times
Quote:
Wow. What a snob.

The shed was here when I bought the house. It is not corrugated metal or something you could buy at Wal-Mart. It has electricity and its own pier and beam foundation. It is probably built better than your house.

Don't go judging anyone there. Some "crappy" shed huh. Ugh, I am glad you do not live in my neighborhood. Then again, we do not hae an HOA so your head would probably explode.

I've got a 3-car garage w/ 3 cars in it and barely squeeze a lawn mower into it. Then again the ORANIZED shelves all along one side take up a lot of room. One neighbor from California had borrowed our lawn mower when they first moved in. When he came to bring it back one afternoon hubby told him to just keep using it as he would have to move a car out to get it in. We don't mow our own yard anyway. When they had to move he returned it. They were super sweet . We could not fit all 5 bicycles in the garage either along w/ the kids scooters and everything else if we kept 3 cars in it. Now we have the other garage and plenty of room........ for now till I add 2 more cars to the mix in another year And my garages look NOTHING like "Sanford and Son", lol.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:06 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,016,198 times
Quote:
Wow. What a snob.

Wow, didn't know it was lectric and all. Sounds really nice!

Old 10-22-2009, 09:19 PM

79 posts, read 170,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
<<NO GERBER DAISES!!! I love those and they look so good.>>

That list gives me a headache. Do they specifically name Gerber Daisies as a flower they can't plant?
Does Lantana allow lantana? LOL. Those take up quite a bit of bedding space, maybe too much for what is allotted!
Yes, dude or dudette, that's how they are.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
I've got a novel idea. How about not looking into your neighbors' yards and minding your own freaking business?

By the way, how would you feel if your neighbors thought something important to you was ugly and told you you could not have it on property you rightfully own? Not too good, I'd imagine.
very funny

Old 10-22-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
HOAs stick. HOAs are like finally moving out of your parents house to find you now have a new set of parents, but this time they cost you a monthly fee.

Buying a property then having to ask permission from your neighbors to erect a shed in back is ludicrous in my opinion.
my thoughts exactly

Old 10-23-2009, 07:57 AM

989 posts, read 2,499,131 times
Quote:
Wow. What a snob.

I agree. Personally, I don't care what my neighbors are up to.

If anything unacceptable is going on in the neighborhood I'll walk over to my neighbor and discuss it face to face.

But the fines, warning letters, taking pictures of peoples' lawns, etc, is petty, cowardly, and rude.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:26 AM

212 posts, read 1,154,312 times
I've never heard of sheds being trashy or redneck until this post! And I grew up in east coast snob country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas