Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2011, 08:11 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,676,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDEmyWholeLife View Post
Hey elizamary I called southern meadow the other day and spoke to I think she said.... verna? was her name. We talked for a little while and she told me she is new at the community and she is the activities something-rather and management, I think that's what she said anyway. I was calling to ask about the sleep on it, but I have to figure out what to do with my dog first. Anyway, do you like this "new" position? Or should I say person? She seemed nice enough to me, but I just wanted to ask you what you thought since you live there.

Hi indemywholelife.

Nice to hear from you.

Verna is actually our activities director but helps out with other stuff in the office.
I really can't say what goes on in the office since I'm involved in activities but I can say Verna is a gem. She is smart, motivated, thorough and all with a dynamite personality.
I know for a fact she does her job well.

Hope you find a place for your dog so you can come and visit. I would love to meet you.
Maybe hubby and I will be taking you to dinner on SM. Hope so.......would love to meet you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 11:28 AM

27 posts, read 49,554 times
Default Roesville Parade of Homes

I got this info the other day and thought people who are thinking about Roesville might be interested in it.

Sounds like a great way to check out what people have done with their homes and meet some of the people who actually live there.

I'm assuming the Mayfair with the 2nd floor is Goin'2DE.

Saturday, March 19th
From 11-2pm

In addition to the regular models you can see:
  • Palmer
  • Mayfair with a 2nd floor
  • Riverdale without a 2nd floor
  • Canterbury with a 2nd floor
  • Homes showing included features
  • Home with a basement
EXCLUSIVE! Meet the neighbors, tour their homes, pick your favorite model and homesite to get started on making Roesville the next place you call home.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:45 PM

75 posts, read 140,112 times
Wow…for some reason I haven’t received an ebot from City-Data in over two weeks so I wondered over here to see why and man, I’ve missed so much! I had to wade through eleven pages of posts to catch-up. LOL…interesting how the high number of hits to this forum seems to attract the occasional troller chuck full of negativity. Let me see…if the forum is entitled “55+ communities - Delaware” what should I expect to find in that forum? I totally agree with EM about not reading the thread if you don’t like it. Move on and let those that appreciate the effort enjoy it. If you disagree with something just calmly say so and explain the reason why without having to be openly antagonistic and confrontational about it.

Seems like congratulations are in order for Charley on taking the plunge into #67…may your future be filled with all things positive and everything goes as planned. And also congratulations go out to Patc-v…great report on the communities you visited BTW.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:01 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,048,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2DE View Post
LOL…interesting how the high number of hits to this forum seems to attract the occasional troller chuck full of negativity. Let me see…if the forum is entitled “55+ communities - Delaware” what should I expect to find in that forum?
Instructions on engine maintenance and gumbo recipes. (The gumbo seems to get all over the engine and that's why maintenance is so important!)

Quote:
I totally agree with EM about not reading the thread if you don’t like it. Move on and let those that appreciate the effort enjoy it. If you disagree with something just calmly say so and explain the reason why without having to be openly antagonistic and confrontational about it.
I think that all of us who are interested in either sharing or learning about the 55+ communities would have to agree wholeheartedly.

Quote:
Seems like congratulations are in order for Charley on taking the plunge into #67…may your future be filled with all things positive and everything goes as planned.
Thank you so much. Marlene and I enjoyed our tour of your new home and though it will take a while, we look forward to reciprocating.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:46 PM

55 posts, read 182,272 times
Default 55+ forum is great!!

I don't know what I would do without the 55+ forum; I learn so much about different communities, shopping, distances to essential services, etc. Imagine if city data forum did not exist and we had to move somewhere new and hope we could find our way around, find shopping options, recreation, etc. It is hard to be in one state and planning a move to another state you may have only visited briefly. And I don't think any of us seniors want to have to move twice, due to making a poor choice. I skip over a lot of the threads on CDF because they don't concern me (schools, dog parks, etc.) but I always check out the 55+ forum, because that is what I am - a soon-to-be retiree looking for a nice, peaceful, friendly community to relocate to. So read the entries that interest you and skip over the others, as I do.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:13 AM

560 posts, read 916,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patc-v View Post
I got this info the other day and thought people who are thinking about Roesville might be interested in it.

Sounds like a great way to check out what people have done with their homes and meet some of the people who actually live there.

I'm assuming the Mayfair with the 2nd floor is Goin'2DE.

Saturday, March 19th
From 11-2pm

In addition to the regular models you can see:
  • Palmer
  • Mayfair with a 2nd floor
  • Riverdale without a 2nd floor
  • Canterbury with a 2nd floor
  • Homes showing included features
  • Home with a basement
EXCLUSIVE! Meet the neighbors, tour their homes, pick your favorite model and homesite to get started on making Roesville the next place you call home.
patc-v
Thanks so much for posting the info on the "parade of homes" at Roesville. It should be a fun event. Many of the homeowners will be participating in the show. And yes, the Mayfair with the loft/bath is ours. There is a very pretty spec model Mayfair that is just about completed, and the basement home is well underway.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Seems like congratulations are in order for Charley on taking the plunge into #67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Thank you so much. Marlene and I enjoyed our tour of your new home and though it will take a while, we look forward to reciprocating.
Well, I goofed! Looks like I've proven that I'm human once again. When I wrote that I enjoyed the tour of the home, I didn't realize that I was talking to "NY2DE" and not "Goin2DE". So to set the record straight:

To NY2DE: Though I have not toured your home or even met you yet, I hope that at some point I will have the opportunity to do both.

To Goin2DE: It was your beautiful home at Roesville that we saw and I look forward to seeing you both again.

To Marlene: OK, maybe you're right. Maybe having long arms isn't enough and I might have to have that eye exam after all.

To everyone: Good morning. I hope you all have a terrific day!

Old 02-21-2011, 06:22 AM

728 posts, read 1,783,258 times
Just coming back to the aftermath of my joke... I meant it in a cheer you up Friday kind of way!

Old 02-21-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven302 View Post
Just coming back to the aftermath of my joke... I meant it in a cheer you up Friday kind of way!
I thought it was actually pretty clever. Unfortunately it touched a nerve somewhere above the ditch!

Old 02-21-2011, 08:32 PM

12 posts, read 26,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
Apparently the State of Delaware disagrees with you. Why else would the state be offering the $3K rebate? I'd love to hear your more of your "expert" opinion on this issue.
And also, please do tell us about your home. It must be wonderful!

Hi Goin'2DE - I never said I was an expert (thank you for the compliment) and my home is the worst when it comes to energy efficiency and being green. My home is a good ol farm house and my warmth comes from the love inside. I am the first to admit my windows, insultation and everything else is outdated. My point was that being green does not always mean that your home is energy efficient and some builders are using the term "green" as a marketing tool. Yes, most likely they coinside but not always.

Geez, this thread is brutal if you ever question someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware