Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 07:26 PM

33 posts, read 56,983 times

Advertisements

Ok, let me try again.... Goin 2 DE does Roesville have an activities director? Charley... does CC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 01:56 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inDEmyWholeLife View Post
Ok, let me try again.... Goin 2 DE does Roesville have an activities director? Charley... does CC?
CC does not employ an activities director.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:23 AM

560 posts, read 915,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inDEmyWholeLife View Post
We do not have an activities director at this time and do not anticipate one at this time. We do, however, have a Facebook page..."Roesville Homeowners".

We do have a weekly schedule of activities: Wednesday is game night; Thursday is for crafts; Friday is "old movie night". Also new this week, one of our homeowners runs a stretching yoga class on Thursday mornings. I suspect as the weather warms we'll see our talented gardeners outside pampering flowers, shrubs, herbs, and veggies.

Last edited by Goin'2DE; 03-04-2011 at 05:57 AM..

Old 03-04-2011, 06:04 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,670,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
We do not have an activities director at this time and do not anticipate one at this time. We do, however, have a Facebook page..."Roesville Homeowners".
Going...we stopped in roesville last week and they showed us a list of different actiivties you guys have planned on your own. Forget the ladies name in the office. she was very very nice. We talked to her for a while.

Some one told me a while ago, there has been a big turn over with activities directors in several different communities and probably all at one time or another

We had had 2. The first was one didn't work out as far as the people were concerned and the second was loved to the max but quit due to problems she could no tolerate, she quit.
I am the "only" one that feels this way in this community but we really dont' need one.
had a dry spell with no activities director and we still had a ball. Do things on our own. It's a small community and everyone knows everyone so we get together and have parties, go dancing, bowlng, play cards, and just about anything. Oh and did I mention trips, lunches, slots, swimming, workouts and the beat goes on.
What more do you need?
To me it is no big deal not having an activities director.

No not having a pool.....no tolerable. Have to have a pool.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:47 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,982 times
It's definitely the social activities that make these communities special, with or without someone directing the action. The day I reserved my lot at Champions Club included dinner out with one group, then "Game Night" in the clubhouse with another group, and then a few of us remained behind as three other couples came in and we just sat and talked for a while. The next morning, there was a meeting of the Book Club in the clubhouse along with a few guys using the exercise equipment and a few others out just walking. All of this without an activities director, although there is an activities committee made up of community residents.

The bottom line is that with an active community, you probably do not need the added expenses of a paid person to plan the activities that you'd all probably plan on your own.

... and I do agree about a pool. That's a "must have" for me. Marlene and I attended a seminar once for retirement communities. The featured speaker told us that the number one requested amenity in 55+ communities was a pool. He went on to tell us that the least used amenity in 55+ communities - was the pool! Go figure!

Old 03-04-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Going...we stopped in roesville last week and they showed us a list of different actiivties you guys have planned on your own. Forget the ladies name in the office. she was very very nice. We talked to her for a while.

To me it is no big deal not having an activities director.

No not having a pool.....no tolerable. Have to have a pool.
I agree with all 3 of the points you make.

Tammy Q is wonderful...funny, kind, knowledgeable, and helps us all alot with suggestions about the general area.

No activities director? So what, we're grown ups and can find plenty to do. I forgot to mention that on Tuesday afternoons a bunch of us go to the Carmike to see a movie. It's only $1.00 for sodas and popcorn that day

No Pool? Yes, we agree with that, too. We're working on getting that done asap!

Old 03-04-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
I agree with all 3 of the points you make.

Tammy Q is wonderful...funny, kind, knowledgeable, and helps us all alot with suggestions about the general area.

No activities director? So what, we're grown ups and can find plenty to do. I forgot to mention that on Tuesday afternoons a bunch of us go to the Carmike to see a movie. It's only $1.00 for sodas and popcorn that day

No Pool? Yes, we agree with that, too. We're working on getting that done asap!

You are so right. We are adults and should be able to entertain ourselves. Carmike is another thing we do. Like the matinees Always get a good seat.

In these types of community more people don't use the pool than do but for me it was a must.

Actually, when you do get your pool, you will have not only outdoor but indoor as well. Oh that would be my dream.

and Tammy, yes that is her name. We were really impressed with her.

BTW.....the homes are gorgeous.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
You are so right. We are adults and should be able to entertain ourselves. Carmike is another thing we do. Like the matinees Always get a good seat.

In these types of community more people don't use the pool than do but for me it was a must.

Actually, when you do get your pool, you will have not only outdoor but indoor as well. Oh that would be my dream.

and Tammy, yes that is her name. We were really impressed with her.

BTW.....the homes are gorgeous.
We love our home as do our neighbors.
I hope you can come to the "parade of homes" on the 19th.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:33 AM

If we do, I will let you know.

have a good day

Old 03-04-2011, 04:56 PM

1,680 posts, read 2,556,680 times
All,
What can anyone tell me about a 55+ condo community called Ceder Bay in Ocean View DE? This is the first condo community I have come across that is designated as a 55+ community. Look's like it was built around 2005 and there may be a few units that have never been sold as well as a few resales on the market.

I may put it on my list of condos to check out on my trip down to Lewes in mid April.

Mary2014
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware