Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2016, 03:30 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailelsa View Post
LOL! First of all, for Denver winter - you have to add in October, March and April (and some part of May) - which you do not have to do in many locals in the USA! LOL. AND, even more importantly you cherry picked some cities and are comparing Denver to some very cloudy places!!! LOL. I wasn't saying compared to those places Denver is cloudy - I was saying that I've lived in the Northeast and Midwest before and my opinion is the gray in the winter in Denver is similar to them!

And as the last poster said you cannot cherry pick a particular aspect of a climate and make a generalization about a climate. I could say it is very sunny in Trinidad so it must be a desert - very incorrect to point out one element and come to a conclusion based on that.
Please advise which Midwestern or northeastern cities I should have picked. I grabbed a few major locales from each region.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:33 PM

133 posts, read 149,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
What is with you telling us the same thing over and over and over again? I am not the one being hyper-sensitive. We get it, you don't like the weather here and you have made that profoundly clear. I don't recall saying this to you a few times so I am sorry for wishing you well. My intentions were good and I wasn't saying it to be sarcastic.
Actually, if you have cared to read what I have posted - I have NEVER said I do not like the weather here... I have said I do not like the winter here and that I think the summer is virtually perfection. So... what are you talking about?? Does winter comprise the entirety of the weather in Denver?

What is this "you" vs "us" thing in your statement? Geez, I could say the same thing to you.

And, what I mean by hyper-sensitive is: I don't direct posts directly to you over and over... I will comment on a comment a person makes, but in a way that is toward the city data community in general. You seem to hate this particular board - and posted that you wish it would die already - well, you don't have to be part of it if you hate it that much. Just push unsubscribe.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:37 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Actually, if you have cared to read what I have posted - I have NEVER said I do not like the weather here... I have said I do not like the winter here and that I think the summer is virtually perfection. So... what are you talking about?? Does winter comprise the entirety of the weather in Denver?

And, what I mean by hyper-sensitive is: I don't direct posts directly to you over and over... I will comment on a comment a person makes, but in a way that is toward the city data community in general. You seem to hate this particular board - and posted that you wish it would die already - well, you don't have to be part of it if you hate it that much. Just push unsubscribe.
This will be my last response to your comments then. Sorry I took it out of context. I did read your posts I should have said your dislike of Winter. I have only wished you well twice if you are counting.

By the way, good luck.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Please advise which Midwestern or northeastern cities I should have picked. I grabbed a few major locales from each region.

I don't think you can choose one element of the climate and make a comparison. I think a great part of the midwest and Northeast are gray during the winter... Maybe Denver is slightly less gray - to me that does not mean that Denver is sunny during the winter - just cuz it is a little less gray than very gray places.

Again, during the summer it is beautifully sunny.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:43 PM

Quote:
This will be my last response to your comments then. Sorry I took it out of context. I did read your posts I should have said your dislike of Winter. I have only wished you well twice if you are counting.

By the way, good luck.
I'm sincerely sorry if you were not being ill-willed or sarcastic. It really seemed that way tho. But, I do apologize if you were being nice. I wish you well, too.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:44 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,135,479 times
Quote:
I only went to a public university so you'll have to forgive my incompetence here, but the statement I was refuting was that Denver was gray compared to the Midwest and northeast. My data showed that Denver has more sun than major cities in both regions. I would say that I conclusively proved that Denver is not more gray that the Midwest or northeast and in fact has more sunny days than any city listed.
Quote:
But Denver has clouds, right? Then that makes it just as gray as other states in the winter.
Face it guys, we're all just delusional, as the original OP theorized. Lucky for us, we get to enjoy the sunshine, while the others get to be cold, snowed in and miserable all the time- I guess it doesn't much matter to me if they insist it's only in my dreams.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
I'm sincerely sorry if you were not being ill-willed or sarcastic. It really seemed that way tho. But, I do apologize if you were being nice. I wish you well, too.
No worries. I apologize if it seemed like I was only targeting you which was definitely not my intentions.

Wait until Fall. I think the Fall has the brightest blue skies.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:52 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times
Quote:
I don't think you can choose one element of the climate and make a comparison. I think a great part of the midwest and Northeast are gray during the winter... Maybe Denver is slightly less gray - to me that does not mean that Denver is sunny during the winter - just cuz it is a little less gray than very gray places.

Again, during the summer it is beautifully sunny.
Not sure I'm the one who is delusional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
Face it guys, we're all just delusional, as the original OP theorized. Lucky for us, we get to enjoy the sunshine, while the others get to be cold, snowed in and miserable all the time- I guess it doesn't much matter to me if they insist it's only in my dreams.
Ok, I am.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
I think it is time to book my vacation to a tropical island.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Not sure I'm the one who is delusional.

Ok, I am.
Thanks, Skydog, for resorting to name calling now... seriously, what are you, in high school? I was just answering your question. Sorry my opinion is not the same as yours. smh

There are plenty of people who have the same opinion as me and plenty who have the same opinion as you. What is the difference? Perception, opinion, preferences, etc... which is very subjective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver