Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2010, 03:41 PM

1 posts, read 3,333 times

Advertisements

Can u please send me a copy of the original WW plan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 09:57 AM

2 posts, read 5,324 times
Smile wwers

I have been doing the new Points programme with amazing success. I had signed on to the UK wwers online and gotten started on it a little ahead of the US launch. Give it a shot. You'll find it is much closer to eating in the REAL world, even though that has been the goal with wwers from the outset...and, btw, the original plan was nicked form the NYC Health Department Diet. Jean Nidetch was smart enough to copyright it.
Nancy Lea

Old 01-01-2011, 08:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,059 times
I lost 33 lbs in 3 weeks off weight watchers diet in 1985 looking for the diet again Please help

Old 01-09-2011, 08:33 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,602,327 times
Default I follow the WW diet the following way:

milk ______ ______

fat ______ ______

fruits ______ ______ ______

protein ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______

breads ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______

veggies

milk - 80 calories
fat 60 calories
fruit 40 calories
protein 60 calories
bread 80 calories

how i follow this is
everytime i eat one
categories and count the calories i make an X on the lines of the group i eat till I fill them up and I'm done
for the day..........I leave enough room on the paper
to write what I've eaten, what the caloric intake is and then I make my X

Old 01-14-2011, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,985 times
I am also looking for the WW Meal Plans from 1985. I lost over 30 lbs and was thrilled with the results. The point system is not for me!

Old 01-22-2011, 05:32 PM

3 posts, read 13,363 times
Default Originally Posted by cherrie127

Cherrie,
would love to have that information, I did it in '72, and lost 25 pounds, now time has come to do it again, and of course, when we moved, somehow it didn't get to come with me.
please advise. rozypozy the one I had was pink and white

Old 02-03-2011, 02:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpettyjohn View Post
I found a copy on line, I'm afraid to post a link, but if someone is interested, give me an email and I will send a copy. I bought the book and have hunted like crazy for this thing. I'm going to do my best not to lose it again.
Linda
Hi I live in the UK and have been looking for the weight watchers Quick start diet which I used in 1989/90 and lost 6 stone with. Can you send me the link by email please!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you
Susie

Old 02-07-2011, 08:41 PM

5 posts, read 11,811 times
Thank you so much for the weight wacher plan. In Atlanta back in 1972-1974 lectured for W/W. I had the little pink plan books, and a large folder of receipes. Unfortunitely over the years moving cross country; it got lost. I thank you again. I really wanted to use this particular diet between maintenance I go through with HCG, and restarting that program. HCG really makes me healthier, and I lost 57 lbs the past 18 months using it. But, you can become immune to the drops after a while and I wanted to switch to WW-1974 plan to let my body get back to normal and maintain the weight lost; plus edge down a bit more in the mean time. Local Doctor thinks this is a great idea. Stay healthy doing the weight loss programs. And we keep it off. WRF my email is wyoniar@yahoo.com if you wish to reply more privately.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:46 PM

5 posts, read 11,811 times
Hi my email is wyoniar@yahoo.com, I would love to have a copy. I used the 1972-1974 plan and did well as well as instructed. Lost my little pink books. Thanks, Wyonia

Old 02-11-2011, 02:48 AM

10 posts, read 41,033 times
Is this the diet in simple terms = 3 teaspoons fat, 3 proteins, 2 "breads", 3 fruits, unlimited vegetables, 1 liver and 5 fish servings a week, 2 milk, 8 glasses water? I think that works. Also no cake, cookies, bagels. Make your own daily and weekly eating chart. Go for it. Maybe check in on this blog and weigh in once a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss