Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 09:39 PM

10 posts, read 40,998 times

Advertisements

I lost 7.72 pounds this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 06:03 PM

1 posts, read 8,434 times
I really wish Weight Watchers would give people an option of either doing points or going back to selection plan(in my case it was the Freedom Plan circa 1995-96, right before points came on the scene). I had alot of success with that old program as did so many others. I enjoyed being able to determine if I was eating within my "range" by sight rather than figuring out how many points and constantly worrying about staying within or under my points for the day/week. If I had the journal from that time period I would still be doing it and not struggling with the newest points plan...again. I believe Weight Watchers would be flooded with people that would be thrilled to be able to follow the plan that gave/gives them the most success....but, I guess its more about making money.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:17 AM

2 posts, read 16,858 times
Default I am looking for this plan also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi2007 View Post
Is there anyone out there who could possibly private message me a copy of the old, original Weight Watchers Plan circa 1966 - 1973. It was a simple little plan in a slim, pink and white pamphet, only a few pages long. I kept mine for years, but must have thrown it out when we moved several years ago. If no one can send me a copy, maybe those of us who remember it can put our heads together to recreate it. I remember that you had to drink 64 ounces of water a day, and there was a list of free foods that you could have as much of as you wanted, like celery and lettuce. I can't remember how many servings of fruit you were supposed to have, nor exactly how many ounces of protein, but someone told me that thought it was 12.

Mostly I remember that it was easy, and everybody I knew who tried it lost weight.

Thanks.

Mimi
I am looking for this plan also. Worked superbly.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:20 AM

2 posts, read 16,858 times
Default diet plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlfrsky View Post
Would you please Email to me the online copy you found? Thanks.
I am also looking for the very first plan. could you e-mail it to me?

Old 03-08-2011, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 8,399 times
I have a copy of the old weight watchers plan that I used in the early 70's I believe. I don't have the book but I have a page from the book that outlines the plan such as 2 oz of this, 4 oz of that, etc. Interested?

Old 03-09-2011, 08:27 AM

1 posts, read 8,374 times
Smile Old weight watchers exchange diet

Hi, Years ago I had great success with the old plan. Could someone PLEASE e-mail me the diet?

Thank you!!

Jacg0618

Old 03-14-2011, 11:13 AM

3 posts, read 13,357 times
I gave my copy to my Aunt, when or if I ever get it back, I will post it. Sorry
rozypozy.
also, Amazon has copies of the hard book copy of 1973 and it gives the diet in there also, I think it cost 5-6$ then you have it all.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 8,212 times
Default weight watchers booklet.

I too would love to have the original weight watchers booklet. It was so easy to follow and I was never hungry. Lost my book several years ago. If you get a reply from someone who has one please let me know.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:54 PM

2 posts, read 9,670 times
Is the original diet the one they were using in 1977 and 1978 this is when I lost down to my goal weight and what I would give to weigh now what I weighed when I walked in the door the first time. I kept the weight off for several years and then started gaining. I have gone back and tried the points system but I just can't seem to get it to work. If anyone has a copy of the det I certainly would like to have it.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:58 AM

1 posts, read 8,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpettyjohn View Post
I found a copy on line, I'm afraid to post a link, but if someone is interested, give me an email and I will send a copy. I bought the book and have hunted like crazy for this thing. I'm going to do my best not to lose it again.
Linda

Hi Linda, I realize this post is old, but I just ran across it. I have been desperately looking for the old weight watchers plan .... like the one from the 1980s or so. Would it be possible to get a copy from you? I was on this way back when and did so well and felt so good. I misplaced my book long time ago and would now like to get started back on the plan. The new WW is very hard for me and I can not stick to it at all.

Thanks so much
Linda W
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss