Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2010, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 7,527 times

Advertisements

well I sure would like a copy because I am one that cant count or figure out what i am allowed to have I am having so much trouble doing ww. I know that it works because I see 2 ladies but I cant figure it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 05:55 AM

1 posts, read 7,505 times
Hiya I am looking for a copy of the daily chart. If anyone could send it to me that would be great!! Any extra information would be of great help.. Thanks

Old 07-12-2010, 06:09 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,420,365 times
Found an old WW plan here - it may help

//www.city-data.com/forum/diet-...rs-plan-7.html

Scroll about halfway down

PS 'Old' floaters (someone mentioned) = flex points (from a few years back)

PPS - A little more info I found when googling - FWIW

Go to www.sewessential.blogspot.com for recipes and info on the old WW Exchange system.

[SIZE=2]Old WW Diet Exchange Plan:[/SIZE]

Week 1 Women - 3 fruit, 2(at least) vegetables, 2 milk, 2 bread, 3 fat, 6 protein and up to 150 optional calories to use as you want throughout the week.
Men do the same except they add 1 extra fruit, 2 breads and 2 protein exchanges daily.

Week 2 women - Protein goes up to 7 exchanges (ounces) per day and the optional calories go up to 200.
Men - Same as women but add a protein (9 per day).

Week 3 Women - Same, except bread goes up to 3 per day and optional goes up to 250/week.
Same for men; add 1 protein and go to 250 optional.

Week 4 and beyond women - 3 fruit, 2 (at least) veggies, 2 milk, 2 to 3 bread, 3 fat, 6 to 8 protein and up to 550 optional calories a week.
Men - 4 to 6 fruits, 2 (at least) veggies, 2 milk, 4 to 5 bread, 3 fat, 8 to 10 protein, and up to 550 optional per week. Fruits are small to medium or 1/2 cup fruit or juice. Milk products: are 1 cup fat free yogurt, 1/2 cup reduced calorie pudding. Bread 80 cal, 3/4 oz. cereal, pita 1 oz., roll 1 oz., (no potatoes until week 2). Protein 1 oz. of any.
Week 2 add 3 oz. potato, 1/2 cup pasta, 1 oz. English muffin or bagel, 1/2 cup rice.
Week 3 add 2 cups popcorn, 2 oz. cooked beans, lentils, or peas. Cheese is 1 oz. for protein. Hope this helps.

After looking for the Weight Watchers old exchange plan info endlessly, I found an exchange system on the TOPS (take off pounds sensibly) website.You can print out a list of all the exchanges and food measurements, etc. on their tools button. I am thrilled to find that it is nearly like the WW old program! Hope this helps

I also found a website helpful to an updated exchange program. http://www.healthy.hillbillyhousewife.com/foodplans.html

Last edited by Honeycrisp; 07-12-2010 at 06:24 AM.. Reason: PS, PPS

Old 09-04-2010, 08:32 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,544,975 times
I was on it in '69. My mom held the book, and I don't have it, but I can tell you that I had to eat six portions (3 oz) of fish a week, three of meat. I had to eat at least a cup of vegetables every lunch and dinner. I had to drink two GALLONS of water a day.

We had to make our catsup. (It was nasty.) I had to eat my tuna sandwiches with mustard, onion, and lettuce. (Eeeck.) I lived for the three meat meals!

I lost 35 pounds in six weeks, and never looked back until 2007, when I joined again.

It's a better program, now.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:53 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,420,365 times
Yikes, I don't rem. the homemade ketchup or all that drinking water but I prob. drink close to that much now, esp. w/ the summer. I like tunafish sandwiches but not w/ mustard or onion, basically plain packed in water mixed w/ a tad of lite mayo or lite ranch dressing but every day I'd prob. lose my enthusiasm for them. Losing 35 lbs in 6 wks is great though, very motivating. We know what we're supp. to eat (or not eat), it's a question of keeping the momentum going and eating small portions, low sodium etc - upping the exercise - there's a lot of choices out there (too many sometimes). Have bought the WW tv dinners (mac & cheese, meatloaf, chi caccitore, turkey meatballs w/ pasta and I think 1 other that I can't rem. now) and they're not too bad, in fact I've frozen some and later nuked them and they come out fine for a quick meal, I think they're 5 or 6 points.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:16 AM

1 posts, read 7,510 times
were you able to get the old weight watchers plan? I am looking for it also.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 7,226 times
Have been looking for the old orginal Weight Watcher's Exchange Plan for years....& found your post! Do you still have a copy of the plan/ or the journal sheets? I lost 40lbs in 1985 on the plan & I hate the new points program....doesn't work for me at all! I would love to have a copy!!!

Old 09-21-2010, 09:49 AM

2 posts, read 14,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrie127 View Post
Hi, I did the old original WW diet in 1972, I still have the information. You can email me. It was easier to follow but ridigid. I am one who hates doing journals and counting. But even on the old one You had to do a journal. Aftr all these years I am now again needing to loose. Now need to to get with it. It is now a health reason.
I would like a copy of the old WW program; my email is: veeandbarb@att.net

Old 09-21-2010, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 14,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpettyjohn View Post
I found a copy on line, I'm afraid to post a link, but if someone is interested, give me an email and I will send a copy. I bought the book and have hunted like crazy for this thing. I'm going to do my best not to lose it again.
Linda
I would love to receive a copy of the old WW program; veeandbarb@att.net
Thanks.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 7,186 times
Default W>W> original plan (the one that works)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpettyjohn View Post
I found a copy on line, I'm afraid to post a link, but if someone is interested, give me an email and I will send a copy. I bought the book and have hunted like crazy for this thing. I'm going to do my best not to lose it again.
Linda
Linda, I would be thrilled! if you would send me this information, I lost 50 LBS. years ago and need to do it again, thx Paula
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss