Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2019, 10:28 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,015,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
According to the keto docs, carbs are addictive. FWIW. I'm expecting my son and my brother and his family, this evening sometime. My son is tall and thin and he loves beer, corn chips and Oreos. So that's what we got. And pizza. People like this stuff.
People *love* that stuff! I do try to limit my carb intake, but when I go completely without, I literally lose my mind. I become one of those off-the-rails crazy-type of people. Like ... CRAZY! Each and every time. I stopped trying. Apparently it's not an uncommon issue with some women, because I was warned about it in advance by several different professionals.

Honestly, I don't really want to live a life that doesn't include carbs. I like pizza, and sandwiches, and hot dogs! C'mon grilling weather - I think it might just be here starting today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 04:15 AM

21 hour fast yesterday. Turned into a meltdown day, and a second cheat day. Not good. I really do better on a schedule, and not going to work yesterday was a bad call.

Definitely going to work today!

Old 04-03-2019, 02:56 AM

18 hour fast yesterday. I did gain five pounds from my two cheat days. Not worried about it, I have five pounds to spare!

I did create an incentive spreadsheet to help me keep myself on track, fingers crossed I can get myself back into a routine!

Old 04-03-2019, 05:47 AM

3,689 posts, read 2,411,133 times
19:5

Pretty much everyday, now.

Old 04-04-2019, 03:49 AM

19 hour fast yesterday. I seem to be getting myself back on track! (slowly, but surely)

Old 04-04-2019, 05:15 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,252,935 times
Cheap Chicken all week and I'm sitting about where I need to for a good result on Saturday AM.

Got a busy weekend... it's going to be 70 degrees for the first time since early October... warm enough to clean up the cars after a very long winter.
I'll be doing the regular cars the next couple of days and my show car that I just got out of storage last week on Sunday.
Won't be eating anything while I'm doing that.

Old 04-04-2019, 09:53 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,185,569 times
Started IF on Monday. Hubby's been doing it, and I find that we both do better when we're on the same healthy eating plan, so I decided to try it.

Yesterday I did a 19:5. I was definitely hungry about the time I usually eat my breakfast, but that wasn't the case today so I'm hopefully adapting.

Old 04-05-2019, 03:24 AM

Welcome C4C! I really enjoy IF, it helps me to feel in control over food for the first time in my life. And I do better with structure and order as well!

18 hour fast yesterday, all in all one of the best days I've had in a while!

Game night tonight - hoping to arrive at 6, enjoy some yummies up until 7, and then start my fast. Taking myself to the movies tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to it!

Old 04-05-2019, 07:29 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,252,935 times
Well... I usually totally fast on Fridays.
But I bought the wife a Cadillac today, so I'm having a few Mich Ultras to celebrate the occasion.
No food, just a few brews.

We'll see what, if any effect it has.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:39 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,185,569 times
Thanks for the warm welcome Lucy. I've tried a lot of different diets throughout the years, but I haven't found one to stick for the long term. I'm hoping that IF could be the one.

Eaton Congrats on the new car! A few beers sounds pretty good to me right now. A new car sounds pretty good to me too. Lol.

Yesterday was another 19:5 day. I think I'm over the worst of the adjustment period. I'm not getting super hungry around my normal breakfast time anymore. We have a bake sale tomorrow that I am making things for. Yesterday I made cake pops, and Caramel popcorn. I'm so proud of myself for not tasting anything during my fasting period. Normally I would have been all over that leftover caramel in the pot. It was a good day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss