Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2019, 02:55 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,015,603 times

Advertisements

17 hour fast yesterday. Lunch with the family was fun, but expensive! We won't be going back to that restaurant anytime soon. (I'll limit it to just me and the husband - because I do love me a pulled pork sammy!)

My new incentive plan seems to be working. I've been over on my calories, but not too far. And I ran yesterday, so I can afford it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 01:39 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,252,935 times
I'm off today and the weather is beautiful (75 and sunny) so I waxed my new-to-me car.
Then I went for a walk. There's this big hill that I used to walk up years ago, so I decided to give it a try today.

It's a lot easier to walk up a big hill when you weigh 50 lbs less.
Still not easy, but unlike in the past, I didn't feel like I was about to die when I reached the top.

No food so far today. I'll have dinner in a couple of hours, a nice big chicken sandwich and a salad.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:22 PM

309 posts, read 367,074 times
I usually have a longer eating window Sunday, so my fast ended this morning a little after 14 hrs.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:44 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,185,807 times
Eaton- WTG on conquering that hill! I bet it makes you feel good to see how much easier it was with all the weight that you've lost.

Lucy- I've been there before, trying out a new place with the family and then we get the bill and it's like, "Oh My! Let's come back when we don't have to pay for the kids, as well as ourselves because Ouch!" The last time I remember that happening was a few months ago we went to this burger place called Red Robin. Used to be we could eat there for a reasonable amount but now it's so expensive!! The kids are 15 and 12 now so the kids menu isn't really an option.

Yesterday was a 17:7 day. We drove over to Idaho (2 hours) as planned and got there right at lunchtime. Did a little shopping and then got food at Wendy's which I've been craving for weeks. I was sorely disappointed in the food this time. Everything with the exception of the chili was just mediocre. We don't go out to eat very often, so I hate when we do go out and the food isn't very good, seems like a waste. Oh well I won't be craving Wendy's anymore. So there's that.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:51 AM

Ooh - I love me a Royal Red Robin Burger - but it's 1200 calories! Plus fries tops it over 1500, which is over maintenance for me. I have been known to OMAD for that burger though. The last time I was there, I decided to make a better choice next time. There are a lot of other options that won't break the bank, so I'll try something new next time. We don't actually go out for burgers too often anyway - I prefer to grill them at home (if it ever warms up enough here!)

18 hour fast yesterday. Making good choices lately! I'm hoping to ride these good choices up to Easter weekend and then take the weekend off since we have two families to celebrate with.

If the weather is nice, I'm also hoping to start hiking again this weekend!

Old 04-09-2019, 05:06 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,252,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
Ooh - I love me a Royal Red Robin Burger - but it's 1200 calories!
I have never been to Red Robin.

If I have burgers at a restaurant, it's usually either:
McD's... use McD Voice receipts to get free 1/4 pounders and stack 'em without buns.
Hardees... they have low carb versions of most of their burgers, wrapped in lettuce with lo sugar ketchup.
Steak n Shake... they have something called a 7x7 on their drunk menu, 7 burgers and 7 slices of cheese.

Instead of these I also usually just grill really big burgers at home.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:46 PM

Y'all are making me hungry for burgers now. I bought all the fixings for homemade burgers tonight. 🤤 Hardee's used to be my number one burger place as a teen. I'd get the Western bacon cheeseburger with criss cut fries. Oh to be that young and have that metabolism again.

It's raining and cold here today. Typical Rocky Mountain Spring. It's supposed to snow tomorrow. Let's see yesterday was another 17:7 day. I walked just shy of nine miles so my exercise was excellent. Today I won't get as many miles in because of the rain, unless it stops later on.

Happy Tuesday everyone. Tomorrow my plan is a 24 hour fast starting at lunch and ending at lunch on Thursday. We'll see if I can make it happen.

Old 04-10-2019, 02:32 AM

18 hour fast again yesterday - definitely the weekday norm at this point!

I did not get enough sleep Monday night/Tuesday morning, so yesterday was a tough day. Not a complete win of a day, but not a complete loss either....

We did have jambalaya for dinner - while it flippin' snowed! Yep, snow last night. And some flurries expected this morning. Grr....

Old 04-10-2019, 06:25 AM

Lucy- We're getting snow today too!!! I'd rather do my five mile Walk this morning in the snow, rather than the rain, so I'll take it. Jambalaya sounds great! I haven't had that in so long. There isn't anyone around here that makes it. I suppose I could try and make it myself sometime, but hubby doesn't like seafood.

I ended up doing a 16:8 yesterday. I feel like I have so much more energy now that i am fasting. I'm getting a lot more things done which is kind of nice. I thought I was busy before IF, but I'm even more productive now. Another great perk!

I'll eat lunch today, and then I am fasting until lunch tomorrow. Scale is moving down slowly, but surely. ��. Have a good day everyone!

Old 04-10-2019, 12:19 PM

We don't do seafood - we make jambalaya with the Zatarain's box and smoked sausage. Chicken works, too - or a combination of both! So yummy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss