Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 06:57 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,736,435 times

Advertisements

Oh I am so sorry. I am sure you had a difficult night. I hope he has improved this morning. I have lost 2 dogs quite suddenly. You're never ready for it, but when it's so sudden, you stay in shock and disbelief.
Many prayers and positive thoughts sent your way.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:04 AM

74 posts, read 173,982 times
Default So Sorry for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I'm afraid to go to sleep for fear of finding him dead in the morning. The whole thing came on rather quickly. I brought him to a Vet yesterday who said he either had autoimmune disease or cancer. I brought him to another Vet today who said his condition was grave. I had planned euthanasia for 11:30 tomorrow morning at home but then decided to give things one last shot and brought him to the best facility in the state.

It's too late. He has cancer and may die tonight. He is still eating and wagging his tail but his blood platelets have dropped in half overnight. There is no whole blood available for transfusions, so there is no way of restoring platelet levels. His red blood cells are dropping too. Thing is, he is still wagging his tail and eating. The Vet gave me some pain meds for him which buys me a bit more time in terms of getting a grip to arrange someone to come to my home to euthanize him. At any rate, I am afraid to go to sleep, for fear I will wake up and find him gone. I just can't lose him, yet I have no choice. I love this little dog more than life itself. He is truly the light of my life and like a child to me.

Any support would be welcome. Thanks.

I feel so bad for you I loss my dog that way the last one almost killed me I thought when I loss Beau (yellow lab 13 yrs old) I would never be the same - I felt just liked your feeling no one can know what your going thru it's soo hard. I know my time is coming with my older dog Niko, he is 12 and is on pain pills and cannot walked good but, everyday I have him I am lucky. I will be thinking of you and if you need to talk email me. TennSr

Old 07-26-2008, 07:54 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
I am so sorry for you and your fur-baby. I have had so many over the years, I've owned pets myself since 1963, but it never gets easier. May your little one pass in peace. I have been there when all but one passed o n and it really is like going to sleep.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:06 AM

702 posts, read 2,524,153 times
Movin' On it really seems that beyond the obvious anticipation of the pain of the loss of your baby is the fact that you were basically side swiped by this illness. It sounds like you didn't know your baby was sick and then not only did you have to deal with the fact that your pup was sick, but that your baby was in a dire situation and there is no earthly thing you can do to change that no matter how much your heart wants to. That feeling of helplessness is so consuming and so frustrating. I can certainly understand why you don't want to go to sleep. You were just robbed of the future you thought you had with your baby. Your life and the life of your little love just did a 180 and neither of you have a say over it. I am so sorry for everything you and your baby are going through. I pray both of you find peace during this difficult time.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:26 AM

1,309 posts, read 4,192,044 times
I hope your baby made it through the night and that you get some more precious time together. You will be in my thoughts during this difficult time.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:10 AM

4,640 posts, read 11,938,904 times
Movin on--i'll be thinking about you. I lost my Maggie two weeks ago to cancer. She was originally diagnosed 6 months ago. We did an amputation and she was clear for about 6 months. Then the cancer came back with a vengeance. Within 48 hours we had to make arrangements and say our goodbyes. Truly one of the most horrible losses of my life. We were in the same sitatuation--hoping she could hold on until we figured out the best thing for her. As much as I miss my girl, I've found some comfort in the fact that she isn't in pain anymore. I also feel incredibly lucky that out of all of the creatures in the world, I was lucky enough to get her. Cause, boy did I hit the jackpot I know you feel the same way and I know that the love you two share--that irrepressible bond between you-- will carry you through this difficult time.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:05 AM

2,588 posts, read 5,432,150 times
I'm so sorry for you and your baby. I haven't been in your situation, so I won't say I know how you feel. I just know how much I love my dog and when you love someone, their pain is your pain. I would have been afraid to go to sleep, too.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:27 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
We lost our best buddy in May after a long illness. I understand how torn up you must be. In the end, we did the right thing for our buddy as I know you will also. It was truely the hardest thing I've ever had to do. My DH was terribly grief stricken, we both were but, My DH's health was suffering as a result. In June we got a puppy. He's been a blessing to us both.
All my best wishes to you.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:20 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,903 times
I am afraid, but his is gone. I would have moved heaven and earth to keep him alive, provided it did not hurt him. I had him put to sleep at noon today. I am miserable, but he's at peace. Thank you.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:21 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,736,435 times
Oh I am so sorry for your loss, truly I am....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs