Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 12:41 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times

Advertisements

okay first off Im italian and there are things you just dont mess with and first off is my kids , my money , my pets , my family . God forbid you threaten one of those and Im on you like ugly on an ape. second Im tall for a woman im 5'10 and a hundred and three pounds but ppl dont like to approach me because Im tall . I usually tower over ppl and I dont like that feeling but it has probably saved me from some confrontations . Oh my god help someone whoever touches any of my animals . you would not have to worry about the dog biting you cause I would . LOL !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 07:24 PM

490 posts, read 1,788,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Wasn't that incredible? Glad you brought that up,tiffela. Here's the link and video:

Gresham Woman Strikes Bear To Save Puppy - Portland News Story - KPTV Portland

Don't mess with that woman's puppy ~
Thank you Tiffela and Wicked Felina for sharing this. I enjoyed reading about this brave woman.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:40 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
LOL. Hugs and kisses to ya!

Self defense is wonderful. I'm just a little bitty 5'4" helpless woman and I was in fear for my life............
That's correct your honor.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:44 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheridanPDC View Post
I'm seeing this situation from two angles.

1. Yes, I would defend my dog. I doubt anyone would get very far in trying to harm her, but if anyone ever attacked her I would do whatever it would take to stop them.

2. I fish. If someone came along with an offleash dog and let it splash around in the water where I was fishing, you bet I would be PO'd. If the dog tried to take a fish I caught, I would probably yell, kick dirt, ect to scare it off. That fish is my food, no matter how small. The owner would get a harsh tounge lashing from me, not just because their dog was causing a mess of my fishing, but my biggest pet peeve- do not let your dog off it's leash unless you have control of it. That means being able to recall it no matter what is going on. On another note, your dog could have been injured by a hook if it had grabbed the fish or knocked over the man's tackle box.

I'm not trying to offend here- just calling it like I see it. The fisherman you ran into sounds like he was going to try and seriously hurt your dog and you did the right thing by getting out of there and calling the cops. I'm not trying to justify the way he acted (wanting to hurt your dog) by any means. My advice would be work on your puppy's recall, train it to come to you no matter what else is going on around you. There's all kinds of creative ways to do this. Also until the pup is better trained, if you still go on offleash walks be sure to leash up beforehand if you spot a situation (such as someone fishing) that may cause problems.

Good luck and be safe.
Well said.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:28 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,805 times
I have two rottweilers that although they were trained to be loving and respectful dogs, if you threaten them in any way, they will give you the business. They can handle themselves but at the same time, the person would have to deal with me.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:10 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,333 times
Whoever attempted to hurt my dogs would be in a world of hurt not only by me, but also by my GSD who has been trained by a retired sheriff's office dog trainer..

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs510.snc3/26785_1311805429092_1049319829_30751552_3523367_n. jpg (broken link)

Old 05-02-2010, 05:53 PM

^^^^OMG, AliciaMaria...what a beautiful pair. Even I would hurt someone for them!

Old 05-03-2010, 08:59 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,333 times
Aww thanks!!! Those are my kiddos.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:04 PM

OK, it happened again, same place. I did what I said I would do and my only regret is that I had no cell to call the cops. I don't think I am cut-out for having a dog so I will make this one my last and only. I may even consider to rehome her-she is nice and I love her but just too playful.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:43 PM

45 posts, read 95,901 times
YOU DAMN STRAIGHT I WOULD FIGHT FOR MY BABIES!!! I was ready to fight a COP...YES...I said COP...My dogs were on my porch...after i had just taken them for a walk...and a cop drove past..Hopped out of his car while it was still rolling!!! I am not making this up!!! And asked what I was doing with those vicious dogs...WHAT??? I was like they are not vicious...Please know what you are talking about and 2 they had muzzles and a harness while walking them...NOW we are on my property and they are resting because it is warm...he called the lieutenant and I had like 4 cop cars in front of my house and about 8 or 9 cops plus a lieutenant...Asking for papers and insurance for them...i gave all of what they asked for...One of the cops insisted on telling me they were vicious all the while she was petting one of them....I said.."Oh really? then why the hell isn't your fingers missing...why isn't she even growling at you right now?" and then here comes the trouble...One of them idiots had their hand on their gun and told me they would SHOOT MY DOGS......OHHHHH HELL NO!!!! I SPAZZED OUT!!! I am getting pissed thinking about that!!! it took 5 of them cops and my dad to get me away from that cop..I told him...If you shoot my dog...you better shoot yourself afterwards because you wouldn't make it out my yard!!!! Oh my goodness!!!! It was pure and utter craziness!!! So yes!!! I would definitely go to combat for my babies!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs