Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 03:46 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Reagan was very alert until toward the end of his second term. What makes you say he wasn't? As for physical exercise: he was still chopping wood at 80 plus, and riding horses daily. He also did not smoke of drink. I just thought I would throw that into this discussion. As for McCain, I have no idea if he is sharp or not. I don't see any indication he is fading, but that doesn't mean anything either. Most of us do not really know the overall condition of the people we elect. I do know, personally about Reagan.

Nita
I thought Reagan showed signs of dementia during his FIRST term.

I never thought Reagan was that alert when he was President and not reading a cue card.

Did Reagan have Alzheimers While In Office - YouTube

Ronald Reagan's Alzheimer's. - YouTube

Hitchens Calls McCain 'Borderline Senile' - YouTube

Does McCain Suffer from Dementia? - YouTube

Now, if you can find a tape where Paul acts even
remotely like those, I'll, I'll ... object
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 04:07 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because you say it's important and some talk about it doesn't make it so. The importance is related to the agenda of the poster. People who want it to be an issue bring it up. Doesn't make it an important issue.
Policy is important the other stuff is a distraction that means little.
Now do you understand?
Damn right. I just sent The Five an email, again! They talk about everybody running and not running (Palin) and not a word about Ron Paul. Then they have the gall to discuss discrimination in the work place. These people are a disgrace and I told em so.
Doesn't matter what your issue is about Ron Paul, he is a front runner and deserves some attention g_dammit. The media is in cahoots against us.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:22 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I thought Reagan showed signs of dementia during his FIRST term.

I never thought Reagan was that alert when he was President and not reading a cue card.

Did Reagan have Alzheimers While In Office - YouTube

Ronald Reagan's Alzheimer's. - YouTube

Hitchens Calls McCain 'Borderline Senile' - YouTube

Does McCain Suffer from Dementia? - YouTube

Now, if you can find a tape where Paul acts even
remotely like those, I'll, I'll ... object
i can assure you he had not problems in his first term...

Nita

Old 09-01-2011, 09:17 PM

838 posts, read 922,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Willie Nelson is 77 and tours 200 days out of the year.
On pot too! (he's a very nice person)

Old 09-01-2011, 09:28 PM

838 posts, read 922,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Here's where voters have got things mixed up....where age is a different deal than it is for a 'Pope'...or a King, etc. Being a POTUSA...is NOT like being a Pope...or a King, which is mostly a 'Figurehead' position. The big job of being a POTUSA is demanding beyond understanding. And it saps the energy of 45 year olds. Being in your mid to late 70's is therefore...a big question on the voters minds.
You honestly don't think President is a figurehead in any way? The elite corporate globalists control the D & R party and it's politicians including the President. The President answers mainly to elites not to the people. He just has to lie well to the people. Teleprompter speeches, signing documents, meetings galore, on and on a full busy day. You act like President is determining future of the world every day, no, the globalists in control are. You could do some research on a President's daily activities, they really aren't the wizard of oz.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:29 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Ron Paul...were he to amazingly become president of the USA come 2013.....would be 77 years old. He would be over 81 years old....if he finished his first term in office.

The tasking, trying job of POTUSA has aged young men into old men...before they finish there elected job of president. It's a fair question....would Paul be able to endure all the NEW stress of the giagantic demands on a POTUSA....which young men find so difficult to endure...as a US president?
Surely, with age comes wisdom and with wisdom comes brevity
We are, as a nation, out of time - Dr. Ron Paul President 2012

Jackson Browne & Joan Osborne - My Back Pages ( With lyrics) - YouTube

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now

I like the Byrds version better

The Byrds - My Back Pages - YouTube

Last edited by pollyrobin; 09-02-2011 at 03:47 AM..

Old 09-02-2011, 06:22 AM

888 posts, read 887,765 times
Quote:
The big job of being a POTUSA is demanding beyond understanding.
If it's "demanding beyond understanding", that would mean nobody is qualified to do the job, young or old. Of course, I can see how you would say such an illogical thing as clearly the job is too demanding beyond understanding for Obama.

Quote:
And it saps the energy of 45 year olds. Being in your mid to late 70's is therefore...a big question on the voters minds.
Just because Obama's energy is sapped, does not mean everyone else's energy would be sapped. I honestly think that physical energy is not the problem with Obama. He is intellectual, but he lacks wisdom which comes from experience (and he is older than 45). His mental energy is sapped.

When you name yourself *Quality Guy*, you need to stay true to your name and come up with some quality responses.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:12 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynwood View Post
If it's "demanding beyond understanding", that would mean nobody is qualified to do the job, young or old. Of course, I can see how you would say such an illogical thing as clearly the job is too demanding beyond understanding for Obama.

Just because Obama's energy is sapped, does not mean everyone else's energy would be sapped. I honestly think that physical energy is not the problem with Obama. He is intellectual, but he lacks wisdom which comes from experience (and he is older than 45). His mental energy is sapped.

When you name yourself *Quality Guy*, you need to stay true to your name and come up with some quality responses.
I think he is just in WAY over his head so it saps his energy. He doesn't have executive, business, or leadership experience to speak of, so this is all new to him. Even someone that smart would be overwhelmed without years of relevant experience.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:48 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,555,912 times
his mind seems young, and capable, enough.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:45 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
You honestly don't think President is a figurehead in any way? The elite corporate globalists control the D & R party and it's politicians including the President. The President answers mainly to elites not to the people. He just has to lie well to the people. Teleprompter speeches, signing documents, meetings galore, on and on a full busy day. You act like President is determining future of the world every day, no, the globalists in control are. You could do some research on a President's daily activities, they really aren't the wizard of oz.

You HELP make my case. >>Then it doesn't even MATTER if Paul....or 'Elmer Fudd' is POTUSA.

Wow...ya hear that, folks....the president of the USA is ONLY a puppet....and is just a YES man...for the elitest.

We REALLY are in trouble!

Addendum: you sure you haven't been watching TOO MANY movies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections