Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 03:14 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,888,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You have not answered my questions: where did you get the information that doctors are claiming he is in better health than most people 1/2 his age. You know doctors have not said that. As for his not smoking or drinking, you don't know that either: I would assume he doesn't smoke...I have no idea about his drinking habits.
sigh. It is obvious to those who follow him he doesn't drink and smoke. You wont get the info from the main stream media since they ignore him a bit.

[quote=nmnita;20675112]As for how much he exercises, again, you don't know that for sure, even if he says it. I am really not doubting he is in better shape than some his age, I have never said he wasn't. I am simply saying you are being blinded by your own desire to prove a point and you are making statements that you want others to think are facts when they are simply your opinions.
But this is exactly what you are doing now. Why comment if you don't know? People who follow him KNOW he exercises, swims and rides his bicycle daily.
His bold statement about riding his bike in high temps and humidity against those who say he isn't fit, was a bit out of character for someone humble like Ron Paul. Does anyone hear him or the media talk about how well he did in track? If I was the 220 state champion I'd brag about it.
But he's not style over substance, Yes We Can.

Quote:
That is all I am trying to say. I am not trying to put him down, I have said, if he gets the nomination I will support him. And I will still say, his age is and certainly will be an issue to voters. These are the things supporters have to face up to. Not what you personally feel, but how the voters will feel and what other side is going to say. His age will be a huge issue. oh and BTW, 2007 was 4 years ago.

Nita
People will do what they can to ignore the issues and try to make it about his age or by falsely playing the race card. Amazing how its not about the issues. Probably because most of the others are complete failures in that department. I cannot think of anyone who voted against the Housing Bill and illegally invading Iraq besides Ron Paul.
One of the most important things to me is his integrity. If he says something he wont go back on his word like Bush and Obama did so many times.

All of a sudden a man without health issues is going to be unhealthy? pffftt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 05:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
[quote=Loveshiscountry;20682106]sigh. It is obvious to those who follow him he doesn't drink and smoke. You wont get the info from the main stream media since they ignore him a bit.

Quote:
As for how much he exercises, again, you don't know that for sure, even if he says it. I am really not doubting he is in better shape than some his age, I have never said he wasn't. I am simply saying you are being blinded by your own desire to prove a point and you are making statements that you want others to think are facts when they are simply your opinions.
But this is exactly what you are doing now. Why comment if you don't know? People who follow him KNOW he exercises, swims and rides his bicycle daily.
His bold statement about riding his bike in high temps and humidity against those who say he isn't fit, was a bit out of character for someone humble like Ron Paul. Does anyone hear him or the media talk about how well he did in track? If I was the 220 state champion I'd brag about it.
But he's not style over substance, Yes We Can.

People will do what they can to ignore the issues and try to make it about his age or by falsely playing the race card. Amazing how its not about the issues. Probably because most of the others are complete failures in that department. I cannot think of anyone who voted against the Housing Bill and illegally invading Iraq besides Ron Paul.
One of the most important things to me is his integrity. If he says something he wont go back on his word like Bush and Obama did so many times.

All of a sudden a man without health issues is going to be unhealthy? pffftt
there is no way you are going to listen to anything or anybody if someone doesn't agree with you 100%. too bad you can't answer a singel question that is put in front of you. I sure hope this doesn't represent all the Paul supporters. if it does God Forbid.

If you woudl just get your head out of the sand for 1 minute: my point and this is the last time I will post on the subject is: you are taking things that are your opinion and wanting others to beleive they are fact.

NO one is argueing his views right now, it is your constant statements about him and what you are calling facts.

No, it is not playing the race card, maybe you need to get a dictionary: race and age are not related.

So, at this point I will sign off on this stupid debate. I could tell you I was a Paul supporter but was concerned about how others would view his age, you would still argue the point. There is a difference between reality and dreams.

NIta

Old 08-31-2011, 08:51 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,859,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
He is too old. He already looks like he's not long for this world. He looks like he hasn't slept in months and what a tremendous burden he carries always being on the wrong side of the political debate, always clinging to a bigoted ideology, and always being shunned. He's an old, mummified fool.

Thumbs down on this repulsive mummy. Being too old is just one of the many problems with this loser.
I'm glad we have great examples in the black community to follow in cases like these as apposed to bigoted statements like yours...

Quote:
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
If there were 3 sides to political debate you would be on that 3rd even more wrong and somewhat neurotic side.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:11 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,320,618 times
What happened to Ron Paul? He sure seems like an angry and bitter old man at times. And a great big "know-it-all."...He used to deliver his thoughts and ideas in a more respectful manner in the past. But today he sure seems cranky and beligerant during some of his interviews. It's hard for me to relate to him anymore.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:20 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,573,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
What happened to Ron Paul? He sure seems like an angry and bitter old man at times. And a great big "know-it-all."...He used to deliver his thoughts and ideas in a more respectful manner in the past. But today he sure seems cranky and beligerant during some of his interviews. It's hard for me to relate to him anymore.
Care to provide an example?

Old 08-31-2011, 09:31 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,859,195 times
Quote:
Wouldn't you get a little frustrated when the populous elected a moron like GWB twice then follows it up with an idiot like Obama?

Old 08-31-2011, 09:34 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,467,081 times
Quote:
I have no idea what shape he is in, I am sure he is in better shape than many his age, but I doubt you have ever seen any reliable information from doctors that claim he is in better shape than most people 1/2 his age. You are basing this on the premise, that he swims, rides a bike and walks (which again is only what we are being told) daily. I think I would doubt he does all three daily, unless he does nothing else. A congressman has only so much time...Your loyalty to him and his campaign is conmendable and I know you believe in everything he stands for, but comments like he is in better shape than most people 1/2 his age is totally a figment of your imagination. yes, Channey was in and still has a serious heart condition that will, most likely kill him before too many more years. Being VP is still very different from being Pres.

Nita
Nita. It all depends what a person has put into their bodies over the years. When Ron Paul was born there was little in the way of commercial junk food. Everything was pretty much organic wholesome food. Ron Paul and his generation has had the benefit of access to real nutrient filled food. Whereas, those born in the 50's and later grew up on junk food and chemical preservatives. Those born in the 80's and later grew up on food that was even MORE adulterated via radiation; more chemicals and genetic engineering. So I would say it is very possible for someone in their 70's to be in better health than someone in their 30's as at least the 70 year old had access to good food all through is childhood and early adulthood.

Did Cheney is an admitted meat and potatoes guy. Of course someone like he who was probably never forced to eat vegetables or whole grains and who probably never had so much as a mouthful of LIVE enzyme rich food (instead preferring dead cooked foods) in his life is going to have serious health problems.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:52 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,320,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Care to provide an example?
I've come to the conclusion that Ron Paul probably feels compelled to "act tough" due to the current political climate. His stance may work well with some people but it turns me off...I was a fan of Ron Paul the last time around during the 2008 election season. But this year he just seems too gruff for me and "rough around the edges." He has developed an arrogant stance that turns me off.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:20 AM

838 posts, read 922,923 times
Quote:
This post is 1000% the pure opposite of the man Ron Paul who I've followed for years. He is extremely humble and kind and respectful always, he takes all kinds of rudeness and insults and jokes without the slightest retaliation. He's way above this junk why. He simply responds by stating the truth of subtanitive subject at hand.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:39 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,284,081 times
Quote:
You must be watching a different Ron Paul...

Ron Paul seems like the least arrogant of all the candidates to me... When he says things, it seems honest...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections