Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 08:25 PM

838 posts, read 922,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
You are wrong...no one can...or does KNOW the pressure that comes with that job. Ask Obama....ask Bush...ask Clinton....they all acknowledge the burdens....and responsibility that come with the job are beyond understanding.....unless one has experienced them.
I disagree, Paul know just what goes on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 09:08 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Ron Paul...were he to amazingly become president of the USA come 2013.....would be 77 years old. He would be over 81 years old....if he finished his first term in office.

The tasking, trying job of POTUSA has aged young men into old men...before they finish there elected job of president. It's a fair question....would Paul be able to endure all the NEW stress of the giagantic demands on a POTUSA....which young men find so difficult to endure...as a US president?

I tell you what. You quit bringing up Ron Paul's age and I'll quit bringing up how ignorant, inexperienced, stupid and immature your guy is. Deal?

You voted Democrat last election and have vowed to do so again this time. Why do you care?
You keep saying your guy is going to run away with it anyway, why the fear of a wise man with age to prove it?

Old 08-28-2011, 09:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
No, it's not dumb. The plain point is, Paul has not experienced the enormous stress of being President. Being a congressman in Washington does not anywhere equal the overwhelming pressures which ''come at you'' daily....in the responsibility of the job of so-called ''leader of the Free world.''

That's just it. Ron Paul is about leading the USA, not the world.

And By God, we need a leader here.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:19 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That's just it. Ron Paul is about leading the USA, not the world.

And By God, we need a leader here.
Yeah...... well pal, you're delusional if you don't realize the POTUSA job entails FAR MORE than the USA. Always has....everyone knows that...'er, well most everyone.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I tell you what. You quit bringing up Ron Paul's age and I'll quit bringing up how ignorant, inexperienced, stupid and immature your guy is. Deal?

You voted Democrat last election and have vowed to do so again this time. Why do you care?
You keep saying your guy is going to run away with it anyway, why the fear of a wise man with age to prove it?

Are you mixed up? I don't have ''a guy.'' I have never voted democrat. The only person I've discussed endorsing for President on this forum is Sarah Palin. - I'm sure you have mistaken me for someone else. I'll accept you jumping to a wrong conclusion and apology. - Hope you get it all corrected.

Oh, and I'm not the only one bringing up Ron Paul's age. Millions are. >> That part you did get correctly.

Last edited by quality guy; 08-28-2011 at 11:29 PM..

Old 08-28-2011, 10:54 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,221,497 times
Quote:
Are you mixed up? I don't have ''a guy.'' I have never voted democrat. The only person I've discussed endorsing for President on this forum is Sarah Palin. - I'm sure have mistaken me for someone else. I'll accept you jumping to a wrong conclusion and apology. - Hope you get it all corrected.

Oh, and I'm not the only one bringing up Ron Paul's age. Millions are. >> That part you did get correctly.
It doesn't bother me that Paul's age is higher than Palins IQ.

Sorry, I could not pass that up.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:20 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,467,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I am 66, well educated, healthy and active. Most of my friends are in their 60s/early 70s. NONE of us thinks a person in their 70s has the mental/physical stamina or agility to handle the 24/7 job of POTUS.

Ron Paul looks and sounds like an old man - which is exactly what he is.
Have you heard any of his speeches from the 80's? I don't think his voice has changed since then.

Regarding looks, the only thing that makes Paul look older than Perry or Romney is hair color. I just saw close-ups of Perry and Romney in a Politico article I was reading and neither Perry or Romney look very young either. In fact if they had white hair they'd look older than Ron Paul. Certainly Ron Paul is more FIT then they are. I think Romney and Perry both have maybe more wrinkles than Ron Paul does.

Mitt Romney vs. Rick Perry 2012: It's personal - Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com

Old 08-28-2011, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Have you heard any of his speeches from the 80's? I don't think his voice has changed since then.

Regarding looks, the only thing that makes Paul look older than Perry or Romney is hair color. I just saw close-ups of Perry and Romney in a Politico article I was reading and neither Perry or Romney look very young either. In fact if they had white hair they'd look older than Ron Paul. Certainly Ron Paul is more FIT then they are. I think Romney and Perry both have maybe more wrinkles than Ron Paul does.

Mitt Romney vs. Rick Perry 2012: It's personal - Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com
Whoa emily! This post is an irrational 'stretch.' Paul IS....and DOES look much older than Perry and Romney.

You've been doing a fine promotion job for Mr. Paul. Don't blow it all now....and lose 'your' credibilty.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:59 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,859,195 times
Since when is it ok to judge someone based on age? Ron Paul is better qualified for the job than anyone who's held the office in the last 50 years, he's light years ahead of Obama who might be younger but is certainly nowhere near as intelligent as Ron Paul.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:15 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,213,195 times
Ron Paul is a truly exceptional man, especially in Washington, and he has my vote if he's the candidate. He will surround himself with the best advisors available and set the Executive branch on the right track for the first time in generations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections