Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 03:56 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,467,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
Might? IF he has a touch of underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism), it would be treated with synthroid based on tsh, t4, t3. Glandular is bovine TH and harder on the heart, it's lifespan drops abruptly. In hypothyroidism the synthetic treatment is best, though in other disease certain natural treatment may be way to go. Hypothyroidism is excellently treated disease. Barbara and George Sr. had HYPERthyroidism (Graves). Treatment is anti-thyroid meds or surgery to take out part or all of thyroid which then treated with th hormone. Been in medicine all my life and had Myxedema which is total thyroid failure due to Hashimotos Thyroiditis, tends to be genetic, terminal without treatment, had 30 symptoms, muscles jumping, 78 lbs, yellow skin, blue fingers/feet, poor digestion, weak, etc., infection almost killed me before diagnosis. I'm all for natural nutrition and your posts are excellent! While taking thyroid med. it is possible to actually cure thryoid disease (as well as others) say plenty of medical doctors and that is with an all natural diet, no animal, no oils and 65% raw. Every cell in body has electrical charge. www.drday.com
It all depends on the person. What caused it for one person may not be what caused it for another. The treatment would also vary from person to person -- at least that is the Naturopathic approach.

I know the conventional approach is once size fits all but that is why ALL options should be available to people. If people want to have their Thyroid removed and or have to take Synthroid the rest of their lives, great go to the medical doctor.

Let others who want to try a non invasive approach do that without maligning it and calling it snake oil as it done on a regular basis in this country. People in FREE countries should have CHOICES about how they care for themselves. The traditional natural approach should also be just as available to people as the modern orthodox method.

I know some medical doctors "approve" of some natural methods. If more of them read their own medical journals, all of them would approve all of them as all the scientific evidence, the double blind studies they've been screaming about for so many years have been DONE.

I think if someone has a chronic or degenerative disease and wants to use Natural Medicine to recover their health , they should run not walk to an experienced Naturopath with successful experience treating that condition and not waste time holding their breath waiting for a blessing from their medical doctor because in most cases they probably wont get it. Use the medical doctor for what they are best at -- handling ACUTE emergency conditions and sometimes for diagnosing things. Use the naturopath for wellness, preventative and chronic and degenerative conditions to restore your robust health. In a prosperous free country there should be both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 07:07 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Most of us are expressing our own opinions, why do you worry so much about what others might say or think. We can only do our best to get out the truth, and what others think or say is beyond our control.
First they said he's a kook and his followers are kooks, he's an isolationist, he's anti-semitic, now they say he's too far right, he's fringe, he's old, he doesn't look the part - it's all smokescreen because they are afraid of the real change he is offering. Back to the Constitutional principles that we have lost sight of, before it's too late.
Ron Paul is not a candidate that you can be wishy washy about - you're either for him or against him. I would hope you would stand up for him against the misinformation. If not, pick another candidate.
and you know I have said on and on, your are entitled to your opinion and I respect you for that, but my gripe is with people who 1-can't give others the same respect for disagreeing and who accuse people of saying things they never said: I am appalled that anyone would accuse me of mentioning anything about things like my saying Paul had bags or had Graves Desease. this goes for claiming I am playing the race card as well. To even suggest someone said something they didn't and never come back to apologize is hard for me to understand. I also have never called Paul a kook, so why do I get attacked? I have said and will continue to, I think he age is an issue and I think his never having a leadership position like a governor is another. This does not mean he is a kook and it doesn't mean I would not support him if he were to get the nomination.

Nita

Old 08-31-2011, 09:05 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,573,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and you know I have said on and on, your are entitled to your opinion and I respect you for that, but my gripe is with people who 1-can't give others the same respect for disagreeing and who accuse people of saying things they never said: I am appalled that anyone would accuse me of mentioning anything about things like my saying Paul had bags or had Graves Desease. this goes for claiming I am playing the race card as well. To even suggest someone said something they didn't and never come back to apologize is hard for me to understand. I also have never called Paul a kook, so why do I get attacked? I have said and will continue to, I think he age is an issue and I think his never having a leadership position like a governor is another. This does not mean he is a kook and it doesn't mean I would not support him if he were to get the nomination.

Nita
What I'm trying to get at, is your opinion as opposed to what you think will be issues for others. I'm trying to get you to own the fact that these are problems for you - are they not? So you are concerned about his age, and his lack of leadership experience. Correct? Then we can go from there.
As has been said, his age is a non-issue, he is fit and fabulous!
As for leadership, in my opinion he has shown leadership for liberty and Constitutional principles for 35 years, consistently. He has a record to prove it. He is one of the few voices for the people. He has worked in the private sector, in the service industry, as a doctor - that's quite an acccomplishment in itself. There is no one with a better understanding of the economy, with all it's nuances, with an equal talent to articulate it, so even people like me get what he is saying.
We need someone like him that truly doesn't want to be President. The only reason he runs, is because he's trying to save this country. By God, we need to help him help us.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:08 PM

838 posts, read 922,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
It all depends on the person. What caused it for one person may not be what caused it for another. The treatment would also vary from person to person -- at least that is the Naturopathic approach.

I know the conventional approach is once size fits all but that is why ALL options should be available to people. If people want to have their Thyroid removed and or have to take Synthroid the rest of their lives, great go to the medical doctor.

Let others who want to try a non invasive approach do that without maligning it and calling it snake oil as it done on a regular basis in this country. People in FREE countries should have CHOICES about how they care for themselves. The traditional natural approach should also be just as available to people as the modern orthodox method.

I know some medical doctors "approve" of some natural methods. If more of them read their own medical journals, all of them would approve all of them as all the scientific evidence, the double blind studies they've been screaming about for so many years have been DONE.

I think if someone has a chronic or degenerative disease and wants to use Natural Medicine to recover their health , they should run not walk to an experienced Naturopath with successful experience treating that condition and not waste time holding their breath waiting for a blessing from their medical doctor because in most cases they probably wont get it. Use the medical doctor for what they are best at -- handling ACUTE emergency conditions and sometimes for diagnosing things. Use the naturopath for wellness, preventative and chronic and degenerative conditions to restore your robust health. In a prosperous free country there should be both.
Yes I totally agree, take your pick of cow thyroid hormone (which caused heart symptoms in me) or synthroid. Even better, can be cured with all natural diet, which I believe you agree with. Plenty of medical doctors now doing natural healing curing the disease with vegan diet. They are doing this with adult diabetes and others. Dr. Lorraine Day I mentioned is medical doctor who is very much against conventional medical treatment, what doctors are doing to treat diseases such as cancer that ends up killing the patients. Other doctors do not like her for this. She is world famous, an orthopeadic surgeon, past chairman of San Francisco General Hosp., and then she got cancer and knew the sad outcome of the patients she had treated, conventionally. So, she developed a natural diet of continuous real nutrition and cured her own cancer (hospital report on her site), and a cure for all kinds of disease. www.drday.com Dr. Day says that you have to look at what caused the disease (faulty diet/lifestyle) in order to cure it. One thing, when I was so ill with the hypothyroidism I had to force myself to eat a tiny amount that would not digest. This happens in terminal illnesses such as cancer, etc. I needed thyroid hormone in any form at that point. Dr. Day states that you can take the thyroid while you are curing yourself with natural diet, and in time will need less thyroid hormone till you don't need any. With heart failure you need less meds but can't stop them completely in most cases. So, whether its' a Naturopath or M.D. who goes the natural route it's the same treatment, the diet. Of course the Naturopath should get you all the labs and other tests needed. P.S. Hypothyroidism as in other autoimmune disease is caused by animal products, the thyroid gland attacks the foreign invader, animal-protein, and in the process the gland destroys itself...this is called Hashimotos thyroiditis and end result is hypothyroidism, with lowest labs it's myxedema. This disease process is in the Lancet medical journal for many years. Also how cows milk/animal protein causes osteoporosis in Lancet.

Last edited by clsicmovies; 08-31-2011 at 11:22 PM..

Old 08-31-2011, 11:54 PM

If you look at photos of Rand, I think you'll see the eyes are a family trait. No disease.
Image Detail for - http://hpronline.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Rand-Paul.jpg

Old 09-01-2011, 12:52 AM

Willie Nelson is 77 and tours 200 days out of the year.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:57 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,488 times
Quote:
And he is pathetic as a singer, NOW. We dont need no 'Joe Paterno's' in charge of America.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:31 AM

865 posts, read 676,642 times
Quote:
Ron is in a lot better shape than Willie.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:42 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,888,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what drugs are you on? Where did I mention Graves desease or about his bags? You are the one that brought up race card, what does Dr Paul have to do with race card or being a racist? I have never made up one thing, and you, have never answered one question...Yes, his age will be an issue, if you are paying attention to these postings you will know I am not making this up. Just like Romney's religion will be an issue if he gets the nomination and Perry's right wing religion will play a part. This isn't saying any of these candidates will lose because of these issues, but they will influence some. I don't understand why you can't seem to get this.

Nita
Because you say it's important and some talk about it doesn't make it so. The importance is related to the agenda of the poster. People who want it to be an issue bring it up. Doesn't make it an important issue.
Policy is important the other stuff is a distraction that means little.
Now do you understand?

Old 09-01-2011, 07:24 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because you say it's important and some talk about it doesn't make it so. The importance is related to the agenda of the poster. People who want it to be an issue bring it up. Doesn't make it an important issue.
Policy is important the other stuff is a distraction that means little.
Now do you understand?
NO. Nothing to understand. Age does make some difference and means more than 'little.' Reagan...and McCain took 'heat' about the 'age' issue....and they were 4 or 5 years younger than Paul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections