Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 01:53 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,686,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have no idea what shape he is in, I am sure he is in better shape than many his age, but I doubt you have ever seen any reliable information from doctors that claim he is in better shape than most people 1/2 his age. You are basing this on the premise, that he swims, rides a bike and walks (which again is only what we are being told) daily. I think I would doubt he does all three daily, unless he does nothing else. A congressman has only so much time...Your loyalty to him and his campaign is conmendable and I know you believe in everything he stands for, but comments like he is in better shape than most people 1/2 his age is totally a figment of your imagination. yes, Channey was in and still has a serious heart condition that will, most likely kill him before too many more years. Being VP is still very different from being Pres.

Nita

Why you go and look up Ron Paul on fitness during the 2007 campaign he would ride his bike every morning for about 10 miles. That is a fact. He is a doctor and doesnt drink and smoke so I would suspect he is in good health. If anyone else was OLD and drinking, smoking, had to be run to the doctor and had health issues, bad lungs, weak heart and other medical problems then I would understand. Ron Paul has no serious issues or medical problems that are effected by his age. So if your going to make the topic of age and stress relating to health please give your examples other then your OP that he is just OLD. He was an athlete in college and high school, track, played baseball, etc and was in the military its not like he was a couch potato. He has a very busy and active scedule from the crack of dawn!

Lets see from the man himself saying he loves to exercise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX8DvivnBH0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 03:09 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,573,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
As long as we can resurrect Nancy Reagan and get her to marry Ron Paul, a Ron Paul presidency might work.
Speaking of wifes, let's meet Mrs. Ron Paul. She is so cute, I love her. She's completely unpretentious and natural.
this is part 2, it's better than part 1

Mrs. Ron Paul - Interview part 2 - YouTube

Old 08-30-2011, 03:14 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Why you go and look up Ron Paul on fitness during the 2007 campaign he would ride his bike every morning for about 10 miles. That is a fact. He is a doctor and doesnt drink and smoke so I would suspect he is in good health. If anyone else was OLD and drinking, smoking, had to be run to the doctor and had health issues, bad lungs, weak heart and other medical problems then I would understand. Ron Paul has no serious issues or medical problems that are effected by his age. So if your going to make the topic of age and stress relating to health please give your examples other then your OP that he is just OLD. He was an athlete in college and high school, track, played baseball, etc and was in the military its not like he was a couch potato. He has a very busy and active scedule from the crack of dawn!

Lets see from the man himself saying he loves to exercise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX8DvivnBH0
You have not answered my questions: where did you get the information that doctors are claiming he is in better health than most people 1/2 his age. You know doctors have not said that. As for his not smoking or drinking, you don't know that either: I would assume he doesn't smoke...I have no idea about his drinking habits. As for how much he exercises, again, you don't know that for sure, even if he says it. I am really not doubting he is in better shape than some his age, I have never said he wasn't. I am simply saying you are being blinded by your own desire to prove a point and you are making statements that you want others to think are facts when they are simply your opinions. That is all I am trying to say. I am not trying to put him down, I have said, if he gets the nomination I will support him. And I will still say, his age is and certainly will be an issue to voters. These are the things supporters have to face up to. Not what you personally feel, but how the voters will feel and what other side is going to say. His age will be a huge issue. oh and BTW, 2007 was 4 years ago.

Nita

Old 08-30-2011, 03:33 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,467,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Speaking of wifes, let's meet Mrs. Ron Paul. She is so cute, I love her. She's completely unpretentious and natural.
this is part 2, it's better than part 1

Mrs. Ron Paul - Interview part 2 - YouTube
Thank-you claudhopper. I've never heard Mrs Paul speak at length about anything.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
He is too old. He already looks like he's not long for this world. He looks like he hasn't slept in months and what a tremendous burden he carries always being on the wrong side of the political debate, always clinging to a bigoted ideology, and always being shunned. He's an old, mummified fool.

Thumbs down on this repulsive mummy. Being too old is just one of the many problems with this loser.
I think he might have a tough of Grave's Disease (and an underactive thyroid) like what Barbara Bush has. This may be the cause of his bags under his eyes. Conventional medicine lots of times can't diagnose it because the blood tests can only diagnose a severely underactive thyroid not a slightly underactive one. However he could take his own basal cell underarm temp 1st thing in the AM and see if it is or not.

If he does have an under-active thyroid he should be avoiding the "healthful" foods he probably eats a lot of which slow the thyroid down more which are the cruciferous veggies : broccoli, kale, cabbage, cauliflower.

To help him get his thyroid working again all he'd need to take would be some homeopathic thyroid drops and maybe some thyroid glandulars while avoiding those foods and if he has a food sensitivity to anything, that too for 3-4 months and I bet we'd see his bags go away and he'd have even more energy and look 15 years younger.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I think he might have a tough of Grave's Disease (and an underactive thyroid) like what Barbara Bush has. This may be the cause of his bags under his eyes. Conventional medicine lots of times can't diagnose it because the blood tests can only diagnose a severely underactive thyroid not a slightly underactive one. However he could take his own basal cell underarm temp 1st thing in the AM and see if it is or not.

If he does have an under-active thyroid he should be avoiding the "healthful" foods he probably eats a lot of which slow the thyroid down more which are the cruciferous veggies : broccoli, kale, cabbage, cauliflower.

To help him get his thyroid working again all he'd need to take would be some homeopathic thyroid drops and maybe some thyroid glandulars while avoiding those foods and if he has a food sensitivity to anything, that too for 3-4 months and I bet we'd see his bags go away and he'd have even more energy and look 15 years younger.
It's obvious he is healthy, this is such a non-issue. It's his ideas that they are afraid of. They would actually work to bring this country back from the brink. It's hard for me to believe that some folks are afraid of reducing the size of gov't, being more responsible for themselves, and not being able to dump their debt onto their children, and grandchildren. That appears to be the unmitigated truth. What a sorry lot Americans have become. Hopefully, there are more of us than there are of them. It's time to get back to work America, and back to giving the next generation a real education that teaches them how to think. Not group think, think for themselves. Ron Paul is all about strengthening the individual, and putting an end to this current group identity politics. Imagine having a President that we could trust to tell us the truth. A man that meant what he said and said what he meant. Revolutionary! This is our opportunity, this is the time for change. Don't let it pass us by.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:09 PM

888 posts, read 888,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
It's obvious he is healthy, this is such a non-issue. It's his ideas that they are afraid of. They would actually work to bring this country back from the brink. It's hard for me to believe that some folks are afraid of reducing the size of gov't, being more responsible for themselves, and not being able to dump their debt onto their children, and grandchildren. That appears to be the unmitigated truth. What a sorry lot Americans have become. Hopefully, there are more of us than there are of them. It's time to get back to work America, and back to giving the next generation a real education that teaches them how to think. Not group think, think for themselves. Ron Paul is all about strengthening the individual, and putting an end to this current group identity politics. Imagine having a President that we could trust to tell us the truth. A man that meant what he said and said what he meant. Revolutionary! This is our opportunity, this is the time for change. Don't let it pass us by.
Right on, lazy asses need not apply to a RoPa administration.
Individual responsibility is a lot of work!
No f****n´ joke.
I am tired now just thinking about the all the individual work we´d have to do under a RoPa admin, and all of the opportunities it would offer people of a proactive persuasion...

But alas, Americans are like all those other countries that want mommy to tell them how to behave, what to do, etc., just so they can take their Soma pills...(Huxley, Brave New World for those who don´t remember)

Like RoPa said in a recent interview, is it not ironic that ideas like Liberty, Freedom, and the Constitution are considered ¨Unconventional¨ in 2011, yet 50 years ago they were the opposite.

I would bet in Vegas that if you took a 77 yr old dude, projected onto him the hopes and dreams customized to each and every individual, they´d be telling you how age does not mean a damn thing

Old 08-30-2011, 06:52 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,343,652 times
Quote:

He has bags under his eyes because he is almost 80!!!

Old 08-30-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
He has bags under his eyes because he is almost 80!!!
No, believe it or not, there are 80 year olds that look like they are 40 in the world and many in this country that look like they are 55 or 60 I'm sure.... and he could be one of them.

My grandmothers lived into their 90s and they certainly acted a lot older than Ron Paul does when they were his age and they didn't have bags like that even when they reached their 90s. My mother is 82 and still plays tennis once a week.

Earlier on I had ancestors that lived into their 100s in colonial days before modern medicine and so called "miracle drugs" (that kill 225,000 Americans yearly).

Look at this woman. She's 74!
74 Year Old Female Body Builder - YouTube

This woman is 86 for Heaven's Sake!
86 Year Old female bodybuilder - YouTube

Last edited by emilybh; 08-30-2011 at 07:51 PM..

Old 08-30-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
No, believe it or not, there are 80 year olds that look like they are 40 in the world and many in this country that look like they are 55 or 60 I'm sure.... and he could be one of them.

My grandmothers lived into their 90s and they certainly acted a lot older than Ron Paul does when they were his age and they didn't have bags like that even when they reached their 90s. My mother is 82 and still plays tennis once a week.

Earlier on I had ancestors that lived into their 100s in colonial days before modern medicine and so called "miracle drugs" (that kill 225,000 Americans yearly).

Look at this woman. She's 74!

74 Year Old Female Body Builder - YouTube

This woman is 86 for Heaven's Sake!

86 Year Old female bodybuilder - YouTube
git outa here they're both black!
What are these ladies eating? I cannot believe that beautiful skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections