Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the debate tonight?
Romney 13 20.31%
Perry 10 15.63%
Bachmann 2 3.13%
Ron Paul 29 45.31%
Santorum 0 0%
Other [pls specify] 10 15.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 07:31 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,293,229 times

Advertisements

In wide field, it's Romney vs. Perry - Washington Times

According to this poll, Paul smoked the rest of the field despite the fact he was given the least amount of time to speak.
Anyone who says Paul is un-electable has their head in the sand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 07:39 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,922,642 times
i think that debate helped romney and hurt perry, but it solidified paul as a very solid serious candidate, even when he was asked yet more jackass hypothetical questions (while ignoring foreign policy and federal reserve questions).

Old 09-08-2011, 07:40 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,953,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Unfortunately we won't have Bachmann to kick around much longer. Sad, she was a fount of amusement.
And we keep telling you that Bachmann was going to fizzle out just like Palin is. You liberals are so desperate to win in 2012 you'll obsess over Bachmann and Palin

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Huntsman is way too sane for the current brand of GOP.
Why don't you say what you really mean? I wish Huntsman would be nominated. That way, if Obama does lose in 2012, I won't lose sleep knowing there's a Democrat-lite president in the WH

Old 09-08-2011, 07:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Who do you think won the debate? My vote goes to Ron Paul for being consistent and fluid in his all of his responses. He came off as very intelligent in every issue questioned. He is also very energetic and does NOT come off as a career politician!
and this is a fair poll? I doubt the overall country will see it your way, In fact, after checking this morning, I know they won't.

Nita

Old 09-08-2011, 08:01 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,025,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and this is a fair poll? I doubt the overall country will see it your way, In fact, after checking this morning, I know they won't.

Nita
Pundits: Ron Paul Big Debate Loser

I don't agree with this^^^^ Seems no surprise - that's
what you'd cling to. It may have been Reagan's house,
but even RR knew the difference between etiquette and
shooting straight from the hip.

I think it's a fair poll, considering I am a Ron Paul
supporter, and I didn't vote for him, winning the debate last night -
for previous reasons mentioned.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:03 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,193,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Who do you think won the debate? My vote goes to Ron Paul for being consistent and fluid in his all of his responses. He came off as very intelligent in every issue questioned. He is also very energetic and does NOT come off as a career politician!
I appreciate much of what Ron Paul says and believes in. However he was not remotely "fluid" in anything he said except for his comments at the end about school lunches. Paul stutters, stammers, and struggles to get words out of his mouth. There was a stretch where all he really said was "x was bad, it's really bad." Paul is very consistent on his message, but he struggles to get it across.

I don't think anyone truly stood out. They were fairly unified on many things, especially the poor leadership provided by Obama. The three governors showed some unity amongst themselves.

I thought Gingrich had a good night. He was witty, precise, and took some of the fight right back to the questioners.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:05 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,259,294 times
LOL, Ron Paul didn't win anything last night. He came off as the fringe candidate that he always was and will continue to be. Don't build a fence because they want to trap Americans? The guy was really out there last night. And I still don't understand his attacks on Perry, unless it is just some petty thing against his home governor.

Romney was the winner last night. Not because of necessarily 'soundbites' but because he came across very strongly in his statements and he had logical solutions and positions against silly 'Ponzi scheme' rhetoric and '$2/gal gas' silliness. Newt was an attack dog of sorts, but he didn't help his case. Neither did Cain, Santorum, or Huntsman.

I would argue Perry was the biggest loser last night. As the frontrunner, he had to come out strong and articulate. He did neither. He stumbled and fumbled on even 'softball' questions (for him) like climate change. In a debate between Obama and Perry, Obama would CRUSH him. Plain and simple.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
I appreciate much of what Ron Paul says and believes in. However he was not remotely "fluid" in anything he said except for his comments at the end about school lunches. Paul stutters, stammers, and struggles to get words out of his mouth. There was a stretch where all he really said was "x was bad, it's really bad." Paul is very consistent on his message, but he struggles to get it across.

I don't think anyone truly stood out. They were fairly unified on many things, especially the poor leadership provided by Obama. The three governors showed some unity amongst themselves.

I thought Gingrich had a good night. He was witty, precise, and took some of the fight right back to the questioners.
That's who I picked - Gingrich With Paul - as my husband pointed out to me, he's getting tired of the same
theoretical "life without government scenarios" always
presented to Paul. They are trying to paint him on an
island, after the Skipper and Gilligan have already been
rescued. I think we can all get past "giving us
a lesson in "Libertarism". We know what Paul
stands for - limited government/anti militarism.

Now, start asking about our "present situation". Paul will/does shine and gets my vote

Old 09-08-2011, 08:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Pundits: Ron Paul Big Debate Loser

I don't agree with this^^^^ Seems no surprise - that's
what you'd cling to. It may have been Reagan's house,
but even RR knew the difference between etiquette and
shooting straight from the hip.

I think it's a fair poll, considering I am a Ron Paul
supporter, and I didn't vote for him, winning the debate last night -
for previous reasons mentioned.
Try googling some of the polls like Wepoll for starters..That is what I am referring to, yes, the media thinks Romney won, but even Juan Williams said Perry was the winner and thought he handled himself very well, especially considering he hasn't taken part in a debate in 5 years. I am just basing what I said on what is being said on TV, and other places. We will see what happens to the polls in the next few days. BTW, I thought Romney did very well also and as i mentioned, Newt was right on base.

Nita

Old 09-08-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Try googling some of the polls like Wepoll for starters..That is what I am referring to, yes, the media thinks Romney won, but even Juan Williams said Perry was the winner and thought he handled himself very well, especially considering he hasn't taken part in a debate in 5 years. I am just basing what I said on what is being said on TV, and other places. We will see what happens to the polls in the next few days. BTW, I thought Romney did very well also and as i mentioned, Newt was right on base.

Nita
Anything Juan Williams has to say...haven't heard since
he left PBS
The one thing Perry said that made me really smile is
when he said he felt like a Piñata
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections