Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the debate tonight?
Romney 13 20.31%
Perry 10 15.63%
Bachmann 2 3.13%
Ron Paul 29 45.31%
Santorum 0 0%
Other [pls specify] 10 15.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 06:56 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,988,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Looked at the poll and was surpised to see some hope for Repugs....Bachmann got NO votes...then I saw Newtsie got 2

Why don't you like Bachmann...she's female?

She reminds you too much of the other screeching wack job harpee who lost the last election for ya ??
Calling her a harpee - we see who the real sexist is here.

I really like her, but don't thing she did all that well last night.

And let's be very clear here - Palin didn't lose the election last time. Racism won the election for Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 07:00 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,025,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Hahaha....Huntsman? Seriously?

Pretty much, Huntsman is John Edwards 2.0.......so fake.
But....he can talk to the Chinese in Chinese
He does have that George Hamilton thing going on....

Old 09-08-2011, 07:03 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,696,020 times
At one point I was sure the audience was the same one that Jerry Springer usually gets when they reacted to Perry's statement about execution. He said something like if you come to Texas and are alleged to committing a murder you will get a fair trial and then we will hang you. The audience went wild. Perry didn't flinch at the mention of 234 executions under his leadership double that of GW Bush. Even when Perry was presented with evidence that proved the innocence of one man or at the very least provided reasonable doubt Perry did not stop the execution. It seems republicans like candidates like this. Perry is the most qualified and apt to start a war with Iran creating World War III making him the most likely republican candidate.
All good republicans know that where there's war there money.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:04 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,448,563 times
Lightbulb Who won the GOP debate on 9/7/11?

I think Romney picked up ground. Perry lost some. To those of us in Texas, this is no surprise. The rest of America isn't familiar with Perry yet, so they think he has some promise. That notion will fade as he continues to open his mouth to the nation.

He's a dope.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:05 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Calling her a harpee - we see who the real sexist is here."""

Oh baloney...that's like claiming it's sexist if you refer to her as "she".

I really like her, but don't thing she did all that well last night.

And let's be very clear here - Palin didn't lose the election last time. Racism won the election for Obama.
OH MY! a Repug Playing the Race card!

Gee, I don't see Palin's name in the poll....I must've missed her in the debate.....

wasn't she the Republican darling who was going to be a great president???

Old 09-08-2011, 07:10 AM

10,755 posts, read 23,847,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I think Romney picked up ground. Perry lost some. To those of us in Texas, this is no surprise. The rest of America isn't familiar with Perry yet, so they think he has some promise. That notion will fade as he continues to open his mouth to the nation.

He's a dope.
Well Romney was the shoe in frontrunner, then Bachman was the flavor of the month, followed by Perry. Romney did appear to pick up some steam. He even did a very excellent job of spin doctoring the question regarding the Massachusetts Health Care Reform that happend under his watch. Just like he was pro-choice before he was pro-life. He'll say anything to get elected. But he definitely had the nicest suit out of all them, I'm sure the special interests loved it too.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:12 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,025,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
same one that Jerry Springer usually gets ... we will hang you. The audience went wild.

Perry is the most qualified and apt to start a war with Iran creating World War III ...
All good republicans know that where there's war there money.
It did have that vibe

I don't think you can use that blanket statement about Republicans and war, with
Obama e.g. Mr. War, in the White House.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:16 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,888,510 times
Romney is still the front runner imo. Perry is the latest flavor of the month.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:18 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,923,778 times
i think bachmann and santorum need to drop out, since they aren't polling well and have been given enough opportunities to shine in the debates. i apologize in advance to the santorum voter . i wish these polls were open so we could see the voting.

i think cain is smart enough for an economic advisor position but i wouldn't want him running the country because of his pro federal reserve position. (and anti audit position)

i also think that hunstman needs to go to the democratic party and energize THEIR base instead of hanging out with the republicans.

i wouldn't mind seeing future debates with romney, perry, gingrich, and paul.

i would rule out gingrich but i remember the economy was doing a lot better with clinton and gingrich in charge. (especially compared to today)

Old 09-08-2011, 07:29 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,295,606 times
Here's another question:
Who watched the junior high school social studies class do post debate analysis. Real professional there MSNBC. No wonder no one watches these people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections