Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 02:56 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
"Ron Paul's biggest mistake so far..."

being just another ego driven one man celebrity band wagon in the same vein of Ros Perot, and Ralph Nader.

Instead of party building Paul, Perot, and Nader relying on their own personal celebrity launched quixotic presidential campaigns without ever bothering to build a national party that could sustain or support their political points of view.
Amen! And they're unlike President Obama, who built an old-fashioned grassroots
campaign; an idea so old that it became new again, and certainly wasn't something that Rove and Co. knew how to deal with. They still don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 04:11 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,160,625 times
There is a lot of truth to what the OP said. Ron Paul actually follows his policies to their logical conclusions regardless of the results. Like people dying due to their inability to pay for medical care (assuming that churches don't get into healthcare delivery).

Old 11-01-2011, 04:29 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,885,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Ahh, start with a thinly veiled insult. He wants to throw out over 200 years of progress and go back to the Constitution and start all over. Sounds like 1776 to me buckaroo, some of us have progressed since then.
ahhh start with lying about how others see things in order to further a twisted agenda. Sounds like someone with nothing to fall back on since the facts don't support the ridiculous statements buckaroo

Quote:
We have a strong defense, or don’t you and Paul know that. Pulling our troops out of everywhere is isolationism and only leaves the US as the place to attack us.
incorrect but then again facts mean little to some. Falsely accusing Ron Paul of isolationism is another lie in an attempt to further an agenda. Non intervention is the policy our founders preached. Ever wonder what they'd do if France and Britian, both allies, when they fight each other? Which side to choose. The founders knew it was neither YOU obviously don't know.
Quote:
But then again some of us are not naive enough to believe that the terrorists will simply leave us alone if we pull out of the middle-east. You do know we have to still do business worldwide including the middle-east, those that hate us want that stopped also. To me you are giving in to their demands so with you they have already won. No troops are in Libya, a couple flew overhead but that is about it, and a couple of hundred peacekeepers in Uganda is not a war, reaching at its best. He did not Lie, someone else is, we know who that would be.
again the facts mean little. Obamas own words "if we are not out of Afghanistan by the time I am President it will be one of the first things I do you can bank on it"
Obamas own words from 2007 "The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.”
you are entitled to your own opinion you are not entitled to your own facts
Quote:
BS, Local control, our Nations environment is not a Local concern it is all our concern. There we are back to 1776. We are ONE Nation, whether You like it or not, we live and follow rules that apply to all of us.
again you have nothing to fall back on so you make things up about going back to 1776 This silly statement of yours doesn't answer the question just more deny and deflect from the ones who follow failed policies.
Since when does California know how to solve the problems in Minnesota? Since when do they have the same problems? Quit scratching the surface and think.
YOUR answer is to take money from the local authorities who have the knowledge and put the decision making in the hands of those who have little to loose.
FEMA is a perfect example. But you probably think they are a success. The locals want FEMA to stay out with all their absurd rules and regulation that slow recovery. The locals have the answers. If they screw up they get voted out. Since when do locals have a say on who runs FEMA?
Quote:
Another right-wing idea, don’t fix it, throw it away, and that solves the problem how? You speak of our education as a whole compared to the nations of th world then want to deal with it separately, you do know that those nations besting us are doing it as a nation not individual states. Learn from them.
again you ignore and deny because you cannot recognize failure. Tell me which states cannot run their own education system. Tell me again how even though parents and teachers dislike the current system because they are powerless to change things how YOU know better. YOU know whats best for those students even though the facts of decades of failure prove you wrong. Just another tyrant who wants to force his will on others because YOU know best
Quote:
In other words you agree with taking away the rights of women, FYI, it is a Fetus until it can survive on its own.
again YOU do not believe in the rights of the baby because YOU want to use rights ONLY when it directly benefits your beliefs. YOU are the great decider.
Quote:
Nice attempt at doubletalk there, but his own suggestions always come down to giving the rich and Big Business More tax breaks, typical right-winger Tea Bagger ideas, and you cannot deny they are there.
Again you have no idea what his policies are because you are uninformed and have no problem repeating untruths. Ron Paul has ALWAYS voted against a tax increase But dont let that FACT sway you.
Quote:
Thanks for admitting he will cut the military, more unemployment and less national defence,
Again you prove you have little knowledge on the subject. No one is entitled to a job just because YOU want them to have a job. Only someone uninformed would not realize we do a better job protecting other countries borders better than we protect our own. But dont let that FACT sway you. Oh sure we need to have troops in Korea and Germany because from thousands of miles away that makes us safer
Quote:
it seems you have talent for admitting what I already posted.
it seems you have a talent for lying about other politicians policies because the ones YOU back are PROVEN failures

Quote:
Also thanks for admitting he will cut social programs to the core or eliminate them, after all we don’t really care for those that cannot care for themselves, that is the right-wing way. Reforming programs is a good idea, problem is may of us know what reform means to right-wingers, ending programs altogether, at that is not going to fly with the voters. Let That fact sink in, along with the Fact that Paul is going nowhere but home. A good thing.
Please read Ron Pauls economic plan before you make these absurd uninformed comments. Because you say so means little. He has already said we need to honor commitments. Honor, something YOU no little about.
How are the corrupt and inefficient welfare programs going on getting the poor a chance to advance buckaroo?
Again tell me why the prices of medical care have sky rocketed? Couldn't be because of government could it? Get government out and prices fall back to low levels BEFORE they were involved.
Again tell me why the costs of education has sky rocketed. Couldn't be because government got involved could it? Get government out and prices fall back to low levels BEFORE they were involved.

you have no answers just absurd comments like "you want it to be 1776"

Did you ever think if government wasn't involved prices would be low?
Let that FACT sink in

Old 11-01-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
There is a lot of truth to what the OP said. Ron Paul actually follows his policies to their logical conclusions regardless of the results. Like people dying due to their inability to pay for medical care (assuming that churches don't get into healthcare delivery).
That's not true at all. Ron Paul has always said we have to honor commitments but we have to understand we cannot continue with failed policies since there would be no entitlements for the next generation.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
"Ron Paul's biggest mistake so far..."

being just another ego driven one man celebrity band wagon in the same vein of Ros Perot, and Ralph Nader.
What a silly comment. Ron Paul has always said its not about him its about policy. Since when has there been a job only one person in the world can do correctly? No matter how good the jockey he wont win the Kentucky Derby riding a mule.

By all means lets continue with the status quo, keep supporting the inefficient and failed policies of the past which have brought us economic ruin and cost us the lives of thousands of our military personnel while expanding our empire.
All great empires fall from over expanding and/or debasing their currency. History has proven that time and time again. We are doing both.

Quote:
Instead of party building Paul, Perot, and Nader relying on their own personal celebrity launched quixotic presidential campaigns without ever bothering to build a national party that could sustain or support their political points of view.
LMAO who was the rock star at the last election?

Old 11-01-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Amen! And they're unlike President Obama, who built an old-fashioned grassroots
campaign; an idea so old that it became new again, and certainly wasn't something that Rove and Co. knew how to deal with. They still don't get it.
How come you do not know that Ron Pauls campaign is built on grass roots?
How come you do not know he receives his money from individuals and not corporations?
How come you do not know that Ron Paul has received more money from military personnel than any other candidate?

Old 11-01-2011, 05:25 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,160,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
That's not true at all. Ron Paul has always said we have to honor commitments but we have to understand we cannot continue with failed policies since there would be no entitlements for the next generation.
And this means what?

So if a person doesn't pay for insurance and has no ability to pay for medical care, what should happen to that person when they need medical care?

Old 11-01-2011, 05:26 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
How come you do not know that Ron Pauls campaign is built on grass roots?
How come you do not know he receives his money from individuals and not corporations?
How come you do not know that Ron Paul has received more money from military personnel than any other candidate?

Actually, I don't consider Ron Paul to be the candidate of choice by the RNC. He's run before and has donors and backers that go back decades with him; I'm thinking of '87-'88. My reference, as indicated by specifically citing Rove and his operatives (like the K Street crew) and Obama's grassroots campaign, was more applicable to the 2008 election. I've stated on several threads that I agree with Ron Paul on many issues; why don't you know that ?

Old 11-01-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Actually, I don't consider Ron Paul to be the candidate of choice by the RNC. He's run before and has donors and backers that go back decades with him; I'm thinking of '87-'88. My reference, as indicated by specifically citing Rove and his operatives (like the K Street crew) and Obama's grassroots campaign, was more applicable to the 2008 election. I've stated on several threads that I agree with Ron Paul on many issues; why don't you know that ?
I'm not subscribed to your posts
Obama got his money from corporations that is not grassroots imo

Old 11-01-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
And this means what?

So if a person doesn't pay for insurance and has no ability to pay for medical care, what should happen to that person when they need medical care?
That person should receive treatment. Here is his answer from the debates on that very same question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections