Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 07:01 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,467,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Hell, yes- that should be his slogan And it's true
I agree and he pretty much told the National Press Club that not in so many words. You two would have been proud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 07:18 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,160,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Before He Delivered For Voters, Paul Delivered Babies : NPR

Dr. Ron Paul truly followed his principles and took on medicare and medicaid patients free of charge. I truly doubt that a man of such great principle and care of his patients would let a person die in the streets. That's just stupid left wing scare tactics.
Sweet!

Clearly there is no reason to have any medicare or medicaid since all doctors will serve the indigent for free!

Old 11-02-2011, 07:50 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,077,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
What a silly comment. Ron Paul has always said its not about him its about policy.
I don't care what he says, it is what he does!

Quote:
Since when has there been a job only one person in the world can do correctly? No matter how good the jockey he wont win the Kentucky Derby riding a mule.
I love non sequiturs.

Quote:
By all means lets continue with the status quo, keep supporting the inefficient and failed policies of the past which have brought us economic ruin and cost us the lives of thousands of our military personnel while expanding our empire.
No better way to continue the status quo than celebrity candidates running for the presidency without building a base that can elect its members to the Congress. Ask Jessie Ventura how well that worked out for him.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:55 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,985,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

I love non sequiturs.

No better way to continue the status quo than celebrity candidates running for the presidency without building a base that can elect its members to the Congress. Ask Jessie Ventura how well that worked out for him.
Really? Ron Paul...a "celebrity candidate"? That a bit off base. A celebrity candidate wouldn't be on the record as turning down multiple TV interviews with CNN and Fox....compare him to Obama, Gingrich, Trump, Huckabee and its a WORLD of difference...THOSE folks are what I'd consider "celebrity candidates"

Old 11-02-2011, 09:12 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,077,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Really? Ron Paul...a "celebrity candidate"? That a bit off base.
You're right. I should have said cult of the individual.

Paul's candidacy is built purely around the persona of Ron Paul there is no party, there is no organization (outside of his quadrennial campaign committee) that can stand on its own without the presence of Ron Paul, without whom his "movement" disappears .

Take Obama off the table and the Democratic Party still exists, take the GOP nominee off the table and the Republican Party still exists, these are real political "movements" that are not built one individual but rather a political structure that rises from the local precinct volunteer to member of Congress or the presidency.

If and when the likes of Ron Paul, and his predecessors Ross Perot and Raph Nader build a sustainable political movement that can capture not just the presidency but the Congress, the state houses all away down to the mayor's office they will remain nothing more than vanity political movements.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:24 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,888,510 times
Quote:
You also don't care that his policies are successful. Things like keeping his word. Having integrity. Believing in the Constitution. Believing in freedom and liberty for everyone. yea those are horrible things he does.

Quote:
I love non sequiturs.
I love people who avoid discussing the issues because the person they back has horrible policies. Proves they haven't a leg to stand on. Your posts are non sequiturs. Is that why you love to repeat them?

Quote:
No better way than to ignore the truth that Ron Paul, unlike the rock star Obama, is a man of integrity and backs up what he says.

how is the status quo working? low unemployment and recovery here we come.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:30 PM

910 posts, read 1,677,826 times
ovcatto is right in the sense that if you remove Ron Paul you still have the GOP. However, I will be voting for Ron Paul regardless because what he believes and has stood by i what this nation needs.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:52 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,888,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1987 View Post
ovcatto is right in the sense that if you remove Ron Paul you still have the GOP. However, I will be voting for Ron Paul regardless because what he believes and has stood by i what this nation needs.
yep Lemmings believe in party over principle. Policy is what matters.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:43 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,923,778 times
i don't care what party you are-you should be very concerned about the move towards taking away american rights and abandonment of the rule of law:

Congress Passes Defense Bill Codifying Indefinite Detention

Exactly 220 years to the date after the Bill of Rights was ratified, the US Senate today voted 86 to 13 in favor of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012, allowing the indefinite detention and torture of Americans.

After a back-and-forth in recent days between both the Senate and House yielded intense criticism from Americans attempting to hold onto their Constitutional rights, NDAA FY2012 is now on its way to the White House, where yesterday the Obama administration revealed that the president would not veto the legislation.

the lights aren't just being extinguished in europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections