Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2012, 11:57 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,225,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
No he isn't. His dad handed him 400k. That's not self made. In the meantime when Teddy Kennedy runs for public office, we'll discuss Teddy Kennedy.
So Ted Kennedy is off limits? Then the Obama's should also be since this thread is about the Romneys.

What is your source that George Romney "handed him 400k"? The inheritance he got from his father? Mitt was already wealthy when his father died and Mitt donated that money to BYU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 12:02 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,601,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
No he isn't. His dad handed him 400k. That's not self made. In the meantime when Teddy Kennedy runs for public office, we'll discuss Teddy Kennedy.
I haven't seen anything about the 400k you mention. I googled it an didn't see anything, do you have a link for that?

Old 08-30-2012, 12:02 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,890,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Liberals talking points, blah, blah, blah, you didn't build it. Those TAXES were paid by the wealthy.

And you are YOU to say what is a "fair share". Never mention the 49% of folks that pay nothing, do you? Ever.
Taxes paid by which wealthy, Mitt? Because we don't know if he paid anything at all in taxes. In fact, it could very well be that Romney is among those 49% that pay nothing...

Old 08-30-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Taxes paid by which wealthy, Mitt? Because we don't know if he paid anything at all in taxes. In fact, it could very well be that Romney is among those 49% that pay nothing...
So says this expert anonymous poster on CD.

FAIL.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:13 PM

14,485 posts, read 11,306,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Green with envy?? How do you know what I've gone through? I had a husband who lost his job AND at the same time I was diagnosed with breast cancer. You know what my day was about? Get up at 5:30 AM, be on a train at 6:30 AM, get radiation treatment at 7:30 AM and was at work at 9:00 AM. Fortunately at the time I had no children, just a depressed husband that was sitting in front of a computer 16 hours a day looking for job. He finally found one - outside the country. And let me tell you something - cancer can be a gift. And one of the gifts I have taken from it is that I envy no one. Her thinking she can relate to women who are holding a family together is like me telling a woman who has breast cancer that is so far gone that she needs chemo, a double mastectomy, and reconstructive surgery that I know what she is going through. I don't know what that is like because I didn't go through it.

I was a single mother raising an infant child. I was never, ever on welfare, although I could have collected. I either worked 40 hours a week and a second job on weekends until I landed a job in a law firm that was open 24/7 and I packed in the overtime.

So don't tell me it's about envy. What I am is resentful that she thinks she actually knows what it is to struggle. She's as much in touch with women struggling as Mitt is in touch with a black community. She wouldn't last 6 months if she had to go through what the average woman who is holding a family together is going through. No different than Mitt could survive living in a black community for one month. She is totally out of touch with women who are struggling to hold a family together. She's as much out of touch as you are.
So then it's simple hatred. Got it!

Old 08-30-2012, 12:14 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,890,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post

FAIL.
And yet, you have nothing to prove otherwise.

FAIL.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:16 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,179,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ya know, it's a good thing I wasn't Annie's speech writer...I could've actually made her likeable.
Instead of the "Me, MeME,ME, it's all about ME egocentric BS with all her medical problems and other boring crap

I would've had her say something like:

""I have been blessed with money and good fortune and a wonderful husband and supportive financially secure family BUT I know others have not been so lucky...."""

And then I would've had her give examples of REAL people she knows that have had REAL struggles and hardships with no money to make it easy... showing that she's actually AWARE of someone besides herself.

Then maybe she could've stated one SOLID platform of Mitt's that would actually HELP the less fortunate.
Quote:
Ann Romney was fortunate in that her husband earned a good enough living that the 7 of them were able to live on one income. That doesn't mean she had money to spend frivolously or time to fritter away--which is what is being implied here. The business of raising children from infancy to adulthood and to be responsible, productive adults takes plenty of devotion to that duty, as ANY parent can tell you. It matters not a whit whether there is macaroni and cheese for dinner five nights a week or whether your meals are served by maids."""""

???

What!

Ann is that you????

""" Being a good parent takes effort. And yes, it can be a struggle for ANYONE.
And a lot LESS of a struggle when money is NOT an issue....

To bad Little Ms It's All About Me doesn't know that nor can she understand it....nor does she care...

Old 08-30-2012, 12:17 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,270,823 times
Quote:

FAIL.
How do you know it's a fail? None of us knows what Mittens did or didn't pay in the way of taxes because he refuses to release his returns.

Hopefully you're not just basing your opinion on what Mittens says he has paid because he has proven, over and over, himself to be an accomplished and practiced liar.

The only way any of us can know what he has paid (or not paid) in taxes is if he releases his returns.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
How do you know it's a fail? None of us knows what Mittens did or didn't pay in the way of taxes because he refuses to release his returns.

Hopefully you're not just basing your opinion on what Mittens says he has paid because he has proven, over and over, himself to be an accomplished and practiced liar.

The only way any of us can know what he has paid (or not paid) in taxes is if he releases his returns.
Mitt did release tax returns.....not sure for how many years but not the 10 that liberals are demanding. I say without a shadow of doubt that had those returns showed NO taxes paid, you libs would be all over it like stink on feces.

The Romneys have given generously to charities in their lifetime. Unlike Joe Biden who gives virtually NOTHING to charity.

Last edited by Cunucu Beach; 08-30-2012 at 12:31 PM..

Old 08-30-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And yet, you have nothing to prove otherwise.

FAIL.
You are the one who made the accusation. It's your responsibility to back it up.

Otherwise......FAIL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections