Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 05:46 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times

Advertisements

What Romney said was correct. How he said it is the problem. Liberals want everything handed to them and don't want to work for anything. The liberal/democrat's of this country don't want too see things that way. They "work" for their money; therefore, they are upset with the truth.

The truth hurts: There are people in this country, who are walking wastes of oxygen, who are bleeding this country dry. MOST of those are liberal democrats who want everything and do nothing for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 05:50 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
“Continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit. … The Federal Government must and shall quit this business of relief.” Franklin Delano Roosevelt--State of the Union speech 1935

Old 09-27-2012, 05:52 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
What Romney said was correct. How he said it is the problem. Liberals want everything handed to them and don't want to work for anything. The liberal/democrat's of this country don't want too see things that way. They "work" for their money; therefore, they are upset with the truth.

The truth hurts: There are people in this country, who are walking wastes of oxygen, who are bleeding this country dry. MOST of those are liberal democrats who want everything and do nothing for it.
Pure diarrhea.

You can practically see the angry spittle flying off his post.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:54 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,946 times
Quote:

Just curious but do you see Medicare, Social Security, and the Military as part of this equation? Because it ain't food stamps and section 8 that are bleeding this country dry.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:02 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are all those youngers going to be voting this time after all the lies they were told to get their votes the last time around? I bet very few of them return.
All that free Obama money seems to kill the incentive of the younger crowd. They can make almost as much
on Government handouts as they can working. All of the "occupy wall street" types are a prime example of
that mindset.

Romney just was just guilty of "telling the truth" & getting caught at it. Bad move on his part.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:07 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,838 times
If you hand your opponent a soundbite to make hay with then yes, it really is that bad, if it hurts you in the polls and in the voting booth.

See also "Clinging to their guns and religion" and "You didn't build that" 2 very inelegant statements, which handed soundbites to the campaigns opposition.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:07 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamscott View Post
it's not that i don't like obama but my choice isn't between say obama and huntsman whom i like or gov. christie these are my two choices, and i'm just saying after the tape was released he could have clarified...not during the taping afterwards...it was something almost every rep. person that worked on campaigns like Reagan and or one or both of the Bushes or all three...said he really needed to do...again just because you hate one doesn't mean you like the other...i've never not voted yet...but i'm not sure i'll vote this time around because i feel a sick feeling in my gut thinking about voting for either
Well, we know 0bama has failed miserably to deliver what he promised and predicted, so we do not have to imagine what the country might look like in four more years, we have his disastrous first four years to confirm his failure.

You, and others are not willing to vote for Romney because of what you imagine he might do. 0bama has proven to be a disastrous failure.

Nothing in Romney's past indicates the level of failure that we have seen with 0bama. Nothing in Romney's personal or professional, or public life suggest that he is unable to deliver on what people have asked of him. So why do people imagine the worst from Romney?

Old 09-27-2012, 06:10 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well, we know 0bama has failed miserably to deliver what he promised and predicted, so we do not have to imagine what the country might look like in four more years, we have his disastrous first four years to confirm his failure.

You, and others are not willing to vote for Romney because of what you imagine he might do. 0bama has proven to be a disastrous failure.

Nothing in Romney's past indicates the level of failure that we have seen with 0bama. Nothing in Romney's personal or professional, or public life suggest that he is unable to deliver on what people have asked of him. So why do people imagine the worst from Romney?
Unemployment going down. Jobs going up. Bin Laden dead. Car companies thriving. Game, set, match.

Failed predictions. Priceless. How many nutjob predictions from righty pols have never come to pass? Too many to count.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:10 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
If you hand your opponent a soundbite to make hay with then yes, it really is that bad, if it hurts you in the polls and in the voting booth.

See also "Clinging to their guns and religion" and "You didn't build that" 2 very inelegant statements, which handed soundbites to the campaigns opposition.
So don't base your vote for this election on a few sound bytes, base it on concrete things, base it on reality, not conjecture and emotion. Base it on what we see all around us, after the past four years.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:15 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:

You left out parasitic in your description of this generation of entitlement. I wonder what they are going to do when the handful of us taxpayers left die off and their lazy asses have to figure out how to stay fat, lazy and ignorant without someone else to foot the bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections