Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2012, 09:27 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,607,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Yeah, I see a lot of "hotair" over nothing, but feel free to get upset about something petty instead of the real important things going on in America. So, Ryan went to soup kitchen and cleaned some pans. If they didn't want him to come in, why didn't they just tell him he was not welcome? Doubt very seriously that he forced his way in like a linebacker. I don't think anyone is not going to vote against Romney/Ryan because he went to a soup kitchen.... no matter what his motive was.

Ryan - opportunist.
Fake worker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,842,436 times
Quote:
Not sure why the director is upset, Democrats don't usually give charity. they think charity is paying taxes. Doubt they lose any money.
I am sure the soup kitchen would be happy to have Ryan come back and wash dishes for real and without the photos being taken.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,029,273 times
Quote:
Yeah, I see a lot of "hotair" over nothing, but feel free to get upset about something petty instead of the real important things going on in America. So, Ryan went to soup kitchen and cleaned some pans. If they didn't want him to come in, why didn't they just tell him he was not welcome? Doubt very seriously that he forced his way in like a linebacker. I don't think anyone is not going to vote against Romney/Ryan because he went to a soup kitchen.... no matter what his motive was.
The last 6 words of this post say it all.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:29 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am sure the soup kitchen would be happy to have Ryan come back and wash dishes for real.
Let us not forget that he made his children part of the fraud.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:30 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,030,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
You'd been better off to let this thread get buried. That was bad, and you should feel bad.
I should feel bad about what?

Old 10-15-2012, 09:30 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,077,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I find nothing wrong with it at all. You liberals get upset at the silliest things.
Considering the source of the above comment...

Old 10-15-2012, 09:31 PM

876 posts, read 709,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Funny, you sound a bit low on charitable thought, yourself.

The director said that their donors do not want any appearance of political preference, and that he would have the same problem with the photo op were it Democrats instead of Republicans. It is against their bylaws. Period.

Also, lots of Catholics are liberal. Just sayin'.

Then tell him not to come in. Don't let him in to help and then bytch about it. Maybe this is a publicity stunt for the soup kitchen to get more donors. They can say the big, bad, rich guy tried to use them. Sounds like good publicity for them.

And you do not know me or what I do for charity. But, I guess I struck a nerve with the libs. Good. Go out and do your own charity and stop fussing about what others do and what their motives are! Tend to your own motives.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:36 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,842,436 times
Maybe the next photo-op for Ryan could be of him pretending to be concerned about the poor.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:36 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,030,742 times
Sigh... the Washington Compost - and this is why I questioned the reliability of the story.

Has it ever occurred to any of the Ryan bashers on this thread that Ryan did not go their for a photo-op? Think about it. The man is followed by the press on the campaign trail - he can't get away from them. No matter what he does - the liberal media is going to spin it negatively.

So of course what the Compost reports is that Ryan "went in for a photo-op". It couldn't be because he genuinely wanted to help the charity? Naw - he is a Republican - he can't have good motives - according to the liberal media.

If Joe Biden did this - the Compost would be expousing how great it is that the Vice President is such a good person and took the time out of his busy schedule to help those less fortunate.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:43 PM

876 posts, read 709,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Did you actually understand any of the comments to which you have replied on this thread?
Yes, and you know I did. And I will say again that I think that you and others should pay attention to your own charitable acts and motives and not someone that you have already villified. Ryan could save your life and you would probably fuss about it. Maybe he is being fake. Maybe he is not. But, the outrage and contempt for these actions very well maybe fake too. Regardless, they certainly are petty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections