Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2016, 11:23 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,290,401 times

Advertisements

Once again Trump preempted his competition. Where is Cruz's healthcare plan? Trump now has plans on paper for immigration, taxes, and now healthcare. Of course everybody will pretend this never happened and will keep repeating that he is for single payer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 11:27 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,290,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I do agree 100% with pricing transparency with doctors and hospitals.
Until the day when people write personal checks to pay for their healthcare costs we will continue to pay $1000 a night for a hospital room. Insurance companies and doctors are in it together.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:28 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,633,295 times
Good luck people. I knew he was a blow hard with no plans just like the rest of the Republicans.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:42 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
You dont HAVE to "help pay for my healthcare"....you do that by participating in Obamacare....Everybody has to pay taxes, not everybody has to help fund Obamacare by participating in it.....Thats what ticks me off the most, at least half the country is opposed to it, but 90% are covered by it, alot of people are selling out........ I sure as **** wont be.....but hey guess what? if I do need emergency care, I still get it......so its whatevs really......Win Win for me in that aspect.......

Honestly who gives a ****, our deficit is in the trillions and climbing....THATS what we should ALL truly be worried about......we just keep on acting like its a bottom of the barrel issue but hey, "Im so pissed that this dude doesnt have health insurance and he's makin ME pay his bill!" bla bla bla......what a buncha bs if I ever seen it.......
Lets modify the Trump version slightly - no coverage, no help or else make it mandatory. Otherwise, no one would sign up for health insurance, no insurance company would go along with it.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:43 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,210,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Actually, those kind of charges still exist for the better Medicare Advantage plans. And many of them have zero monthly premiums (but you do pay Medicare $105 a month) with no deductibles. None. Of course its primarily for those age 65+.
Yes, and it is best to use it for most expensive drugs. Mu drugs are very expensive, too much to believe!

Old 03-02-2016, 11:48 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
Don't worry everyone, we'll have a super genius named Not Sure come along and cure everyone everywhere of everything!

Old 03-03-2016, 12:14 AM

891 posts, read 1,055,090 times
Quote:
Lets modify the Trump version slightly - no coverage, no help or else make it mandatory. Otherwise, no one would sign up for health insurance, no insurance company would go along with it.

ok so **** it, why stop there.....lets require everyone to have car insurance whether you drive or not, every must have home or renters insurance, smartphone insurance, everyone should also have natural disaster insurance, dont forget terroristic attack insurance, oh and domestic shooter insurance, mid life crisis insurance, heartbreak insurance, flying on a plane insurance, Goin on a cruise insurance......you know, cause ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN SO YOU BETTER BE COVERED!! OR ELSE!!

Credit and Insurance are the biggest scams ever, and whoever thought them up is who I would go back in time to slap mercilessly, along with Hitler of course.......

Old 03-03-2016, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Don't worry everyone, we'll have a super genius named Not Sure come along and cure everyone everywhere of everything!

LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM1P7GMnd38

Old 03-03-2016, 12:33 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
ok so **** it, why stop there.....lets require everyone to have car insurance whether you drive or not, every must have home or renters insurance, smartphone insurance, everyone should also have natural disaster insurance, dont forget terroristic attack insurance, oh and domestic shooter insurance, mid life crisis insurance, heartbreak insurance, flying on a plane insurance, Goin on a cruise insurance......you know, cause ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN SO YOU BETTER BE COVERED!! OR ELSE!!

Credit and Insurance are the biggest scams ever, and whoever thought them up is who I would go back in time to slap mercilessly, along with Hitler of course.......
I can tell you what the scam is in the ACA plans. The deductibles. They are pure gravy to the health insurance companies.

The Medicare Advantage plans and ACA silver plans (for those age 60-64) in total cost about the same - around $9,000-$10,000 a year. And yet, most Advantage plans have a ZERO deductible, ZERO. The same insurance companies sell both type of plans, they just make $3,000-$5,000 more in the deductibles per person on the ripoff ACA plans.

Consider. Would you like an ACA silver plan, subsidies applied with no deductibles? With total costs reduced for younger participants?

Last edited by Weichert; 03-03-2016 at 12:46 AM..

Old 03-03-2016, 12:52 AM

Quote:
I can tell you what the scam is in the ACA plans. The deductibles. They are pure gravy to the health insurance companies.

The Medicare Advantage plans and ACA silver plans (for those age 60-64) in total cost about the same - around $9,000-$10,000 a year. And yet, most Advantage plans have a ZERO deductible, ZERO. The same insurance companies sell both type of plans, they just make $3,000-$5,000 more in the deductibles per person on the ripoff ACA plans.

Consider. Would you like an ACA silver plan, subsidies applied with no deductibles? With total costs reduced for younger participants?
kiss my ass with those subsidies...thats no different than buying something for $100 and getting a $20 mail in rebate 6 months later (if youre lucky)..........Find me a plan under $75 a month and less than $1000 Deductible and my interest is piqued.....even then im probably still not gonna buy, simply for the principle of the government sayin I have to......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections