Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2016, 10:17 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Definitely interesting. Anecdotally, I'm on several forums mostly comprised of young people and I'm shocked at the support Trump gets. The same people didn't care one way or the other about Romney.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
At least she is campaigning. That's the difference between her and Trump. All he is doing is holding a bunch of rallies in which he has a closed system. Trump supporters come to hear him speak, cheer him on, and act in solidarity. He's not winning new voters that way. I would not be surprised if the race begins to tighten up. However, 10 days after her convention her lead is maintaining steady and she is getting really good state numbers. Pulling ads out of VA, CO, WI, and NV *Somewhat* says that data indicates Clinton feels very bearish about her chances in those states. Especially since she is shifting those resources, albeit temporarily, to GA and AZ. Which is going to force Trump to shift resources he doesn't really have there. He's barely begun building a network as it is and has to contend with a Clinton machine *No pun intended* that has been in place since the end of last year.

That worst thing for Trump is if this week polls maintain their steady course. That will say that she has consolidated her base while he is back to square one again. It will also question if he will be able to secure them before the election. Trump is doing great among WWC men but poorly among everyone else. He's polling in the low teens among Hispanics, 1-2% with Black voters, badly with women, badly with college voters, badly with millennial, not that great with voters over 65, and he even isn't doing that great with white women. Which means that even if Trump turns out the hidden huge cache of white male voters he seems to think exist it will be offset with her gains elsewhere. Basically if Trump isn't close to tied, tied, or ahead by the end of this month he is going to lose. No one behind at the end of August has ever gone on to win the popular vote since the advent of polling.
Clinton has at least one ad back on air in CO. It has been running during the Olympic coverage.
She's also made several campaign stops here in the past week.
Taking nothing for granted, clearly.

The ad is quite effective. It shows a Trump appearance on Letterman's show where Dave asks where his clothes are made. Trump's response speaks for itself.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6dtk1eX7UBE

Old 08-07-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Clinton has at least one ad back on air in CO. It has been running during the Olympic coverage.
She's also made several campaign stops here in the past week.
Taking nothing for granted, clearly.

The ad is quite effective. It shows a Trump appearance on Letterman's show where Dave asks where his clothes are made. Trump's response speaks for itself.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6dtk1eX7UBE
I've seen that one too. Seems you could run out 99% of CEOs, ask them where their products are made and then attack them as "anti-America".

Old 08-07-2016, 10:28 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump is not the problem. It's the propaganda coming out of Univision. The illegal Hispanics want the jobs of legal hispanics, legal blacks and legal whites. They push the legals out when more and more illegals get into the workplace. That is their goal. Big business loves cheap labor. More money in the pockets of investors.
I'm sure you've heard the advice before that if you find yourself thinking everyone is mean, or stupid, or wrong, it's probably not them, but you.

You need to wake up about Trump. No matter who comes out against him, or for what reason, you always blame the group or its agenda, or write them off as not important. What all the critiques have in common is Trump. It's time for you to consider that he might be the problem.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:28 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I've seen that one too. Seems you could run out 99% of CEOs, ask them where their products are made and then attack them as "anti-America".
Are 99% of CEO's running for president to "make America great again"? It is hypocritical, and you and everyone else knows it.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Are 99% of CEO's running for president to "make America great again"? It is hypocritical, and you and everyone else knows it.
Do I need to dismantle this argument again?

Old 08-07-2016, 10:32 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Much of it is the same things just rehashed and Trump probably lost and mileage he could have gotten out of the Iran story when he flat out lied about seeing the secret video. With that being said, I do think what we see with the polling over the next 7-10 days as we get two weeks beyond the Convention will really tell us where things stand. That of course doesn't mean things can't change either way after it, but it will certainly give a clearer view of where things stand and certainly beyond the point where it can just be attributed to a Convention bounce
I agree the general population does not care about a rehashed ransom non-story but that was not floated for the general population, it was to get wandering republicans back in the fold. That and the emails get non stop coverage in right wing media so yeah, I think it can help him narrow the gap over the next couple of weeks by a couple of points.

I do think the Olympics will push this out of people's minds for a few weeks. The next big opportunity to generate more attention will be the union to the first debate IMO.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:34 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Do I need to dismantle this argument again?
Oh please, give it your best effort. I'll wait.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Oh please, give it your best effort. I'll wait.
Did Donald Trump hold office while running his businesses?

Old 08-07-2016, 10:36 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Trump is the CEO that's running, and he's running on an anti-globalist platform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections