Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2016, 01:58 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,611,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Yes, it has to tighten up by Labor day to within the MOE for him to have a shot. Anything more than he likely won't win.
If he is 13 down after the 1st debate then the GOP civil war which has been slowly breweing in the background will escalate into a armed conflict in October and November and will dominate the narrative instead of Trump vs. Clinton.

13 Down in the middle of September the Democrats will be looking at senate seats in Ga./NC/Arizona/Missouri/Iowa/Arkansas and about 50 to 60 house seats.

Old 08-08-2016, 02:14 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Monmouth:

General Election Clinton 50, Trump 37, Johnson 7, Stein 2
The details in the poll are extremely interesting in that Trump's numbers have stayed the same (went up briefly and dropped back down) for so long. The numbers for his temperament are unchanged, meaning he's not reassuring or winning over any new voters. Clinton's numbers actually increased for the same category.

Old 08-08-2016, 02:15 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Another ugly poll result for the Donald!

Is he not tweeting about his great poll numbers anymore?!!?!?!
"I love the polls" - Donald Trump (2015)

Not showing much love nowadays. The polls must be rigged.

LOL

Ken

Old 08-08-2016, 02:26 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The details in the poll are extremely interesting in that Trump's numbers have stayed the same (went up briefly and dropped back down) for so long. The numbers for his temperament are unchanged, meaning he's not reassuring or winning over any new voters. Clinton's numbers actually increased for the same category.
The more people see of Clinton, the less likely they are to buy into the Republican cartoon version of her. In contrast, the more people see of Trump the more convinced they become that he is unfit for office.

Old 08-08-2016, 02:46 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
I went to take my dogs to the park and on the way there I didn't seem to notice any Trump yard signs...On the way back, I looked really hard and found one Trump yard sign, ONE and I live in a very, very conservative county in Florida. At this point in the campaign in 2012, Romney signs were almost everywhere or so it seemed.
See it doesn't take long for people to decide about someone. Most people make up their mind around the convention with the rest of the undecideds hanging on until after Labor day. And unlike the past it's easy to look things up. One of the top trending tags in twitter now is "50 GOP" Which is talking about the 50 NSA and CIA security experts that wrote a letter stating that Trump is unfit for office. How the polls go in the next 2-3 weeks will be telling. If they tighten up to pre convention numbers then it might be a real nail biter. If they stay the same or grow then Trump is in trouble. The other unknown is Trump. Just how long can he stay on message? He seems to do okay for a week or so and then gets right back into it. Whether or not this is any different remains to be seen.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:19 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
I wonder if the Senate is now wishing they had confirmed Obama's pick for the SCOTUS.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I wonder if the Senate is now wishing they had confirmed Obama's pick for the SCOTUS.
There's still time for them to do so isn't there?
Which brings up a good point though. WHEN will Obama withdraw Garland? Will he at some point just go along with the GOP idea that the NEXT President (presumably Clinton) should make the choice? If he does do that, I suspect that the GOP will go into full panic mode that Clinton will nominate someone quite Liberal.

At that point there's NO DOUBT the GOP will be sorry for their intransigence.

Ken

Old 08-08-2016, 03:33 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
There's still time for them to do so isn't there?
Which brings up a good point though. WHEN will Obama withdraw Garland? Will he at some point just go along with the GOP idea that the NEXT President (presumably Clinton) should make the choice? If he does do that, I suspect that the GOP will go into full panic mode that Clinton will nominate someone quite Liberal.

At that point there's NO DOUBT the GOP will be sorry for their intransigence.

Ken
Clinton is about as centrist as it gets. She is not going to nominate a flaming liberal unless it is for payback to the Republicans and that would sow bad feelings that would interfere with her legislative goals. I think she would be fine with Obama's nominee though his age may work against him.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Clinton is about as centrist as it gets. She is not going to nominate a flaming liberal unless it is for payback to the Republicans and that would sow bad feelings that would interfere with her legislative goals. I think she would be fine with Obama's nominee though his age may work against him.
True enough. As you mention though she may decide she wants someone younger. Garland is old for a nominee.

Ken

Old 08-08-2016, 04:03 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:
JMC:

Georgia Clinton 44, Trump 37, Johnson 7
Here in Pennsylvania Hillary leads Donald by an 11 point spread according to the latest Franklin and Marshall poll.

Donald would be better off campaigning vigorously in Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida and Wisconsin ... I think he has lost Pennsylvania.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections