Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 09:25 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,740,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
This board actually has liberals? I've only seen Trump supporters here for the most part.
Yeah we're definitely a minority on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 09:28 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,203,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill Freestein View Post
What's more hysterical is that you can't contradict my point. Scalia always voted against the environment.

Tell me do you care for the environment? What's more important people aborting (which they are gonna do anyway whether us illegAl or not) or drinking water full of heavy metals

Abortion rates tend to be higher in poor nations where it is illegal. If you want to stop abortion the best way is to educate women about birth control not educating them with religious carp that tells them they should stay virgins until they get married.
And you can't explain logically how admitting millions of new people into the U.S. is good for the environment ?

Did Judge Scalia ever vote against having potable drinking water in the U.S. ?
Please cite any Scalia decisions where he voted against the environment ...

We're not talking aborting here ... just environment.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
What's hysterical is that liberals want open borders but are concerned about preserving the environment ...
Climate change is a far more pressing issue than "open borders". There is a narrow window of time we have in which to deal with the problem. Electing Trump has possibly narrowed the window, but I'm optimistic that he can be persuaded to do the right thing and honor the Paris climate accord.

You may think it's "hysterical" that we care about it, but this is honestly an existential threat. That's why we take environmental concerns so seriously.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:33 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,203,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK508 View Post
Climate change is a far more pressing issue than "open borders". There is a narrow window of time we have in which to deal with the problem. Electing Trump has possibly narrowed the window, but I'm optimistic that he can be persuaded to do the right thing and honor the Paris climate accord.

You may think it's "hysterical" that we care about it, but this is honestly an existential threat. That's why we take environmental concerns so seriously.
Narrow window of time ? Seriously ?

Old 11-14-2016, 09:35 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,595,587 times
Quote:
What's hysterical is that liberals want open borders but are concerned about preserving the environment ...
Have you ever heard of a cancer cluster?

Old 11-14-2016, 09:35 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,344,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
You realize Trump won the same way Obama did, through being a populist and holding large rallies

If Obama didn't destroy the country like the GOP feared, then Trump also won't destroy the country like liberals fear now
Obama had a grid-locked Congress. Trump has all 3 branches of government. I think we have a right to be concerned.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill Freestein View Post
What's more hysterical is that you can't contradict my point. Scalia always voted against the environment.

Tell me do you care for the environment? What's more important people aborting (which they are gonna do anyway whether us illegAl or not) or drinking water full of heavy metals

Abortion rates tend to be higher in poor nations where it is illegal. If you want to stop abortion the best way is to educate women about birth control not educating them with religious carp that tells them they should stay virgins until they get married.
Not to mention that toxic water is...drumroll, please...at least as dangerous to the unborn as it is to anyone else, probably more so.

I worry about Trump getting his sorry paws on the Supreme Court, too. I am only hoping he was lying about this, as he has lied about so many other things. Honestly, he has flip-flopped and contradicted himself to many times that it is hard for me to believe that he has any core beliefs at all, except for the belief that he should have it all, be the center of attention, and have hoards of adoring fans.

I won't have any more respect for him if he turns out to be lying about all the hateful promises he made, but nevertheless, I hope that turns out to be the case. The country will be much safer for all of us.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Narrow window of time ? Seriously ?
Look, I'm not going to try to get into a huge internet debate about this, just explaining the perspective of liberals and others who are greatly concerned about the environment. To me, this shouldn't even be a partisan issue.

All I ask of you and other doubters, is that you please keep an open mind when it comes things you read about environmental policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Not to mention that toxic water is...drumroll, please...at least as dangerous to the unborn as it is to anyone else, probably more so.

I worry about Trump getting his sorry paws on the Supreme Court, too. I am only hoping he was lying about this, as he has lied about so many other things. Honestly, he has flip-flopped and contradicted himself to many times that it is hard for me to believe that he has any core beliefs at all, except for the belief that he should have it all, be the center of attention, and have hoards of adoring fans.

I won't have any more respect for him if he turns out to be lying about all the hateful promises he made, but nevertheless, I hope that turns out to be the case. The country will be much safer for all of us.
I'm with ya Catgirl

Old 11-14-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
And you can't explain logically how admitting millions of new people into the U.S. is good for the environment ?

Did Judge Scalia ever vote against having potable drinking water in the U.S. ?
Please cite any Scalia decisions where he voted against the environment ...

We're not talking aborting here ... just environment.
Fail.

Do you have any idea what you just did? Good grief.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:45 AM

40,954 posts, read 49,234,730 times
The sky is falling.

Liberals might want to start stocking up on guns and ammo now also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections