Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 11:33 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,203,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill Freestein View Post
We are still here. The country is not all yours yet. You either find a way to disappear us all or deal with us.

If some think they can go around physically attacking us and that we will not retaliate they will find soon they are mistaken. The 2nd amendment is not just for conservatives.
What in God's name are you saying ? Deal with you how ?

No one from the Trump side is attacking anyone ... are you off your meds today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 11:41 AM

19,658 posts, read 12,251,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill Freestein View Post
We know what's going on. We talk to other liberals who.are seeing their children and friends being attacked for looking different

You can claim nothing is happening but we are seeing it. We are not just reading it on the news. It's a reality now. You won't fool many people for long.

Thank you founding fathers for the second amendment.

Attacked how? Please explain the attacks in detail.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:43 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,203,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Attacked how? Please explain the attacks in detail.
Don't waste your time ... just another entitled liberal with an axe to grind.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:33 AM

6,394 posts, read 4,120,173 times
This is what I'm afraid of.

‘Ape in heels’: W.Va. officials under fire after comments about Michelle Obama

Old 11-15-2016, 11:40 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,721,766 times
I'm a gun owning liberal, but I'm not sure why folks are even protesting. Donald Trump WILL be our next president. I'm not happy about it, but I'm willing to give the man a chance. I do agree with some of his policies. We need to start worrying more about our own country and let other countries manage their own issues.

Protesting this election is like protesting the concept of human aging. It's gonna happen whether anyone likes it or not.

It's actually pretty dang ironic. Donald Trump won the election because people are tired of the looting and "that offends me" behavior that's going on.

Old 11-15-2016, 12:51 PM

30,279 posts, read 23,766,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If you are not married and do not have legal paperwork in place you do not have those protections anyway just like any unmarried couple. Your insurance is probably better than your partners ACA plan, so that may be better.

If Trump winning has the effect of making people more aware and conscientious that is not a bad thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You should have all that BEFORE the Trump administration... everyone should have some sort of estate planning done by now regardless of who is President... It distresses me to think you are using the word "protecting yourself" when really it is one of the basic things to do in life... I wouldn't confuse the two words... this is not protecting yourself, its sounds more like procrastination... and I am glad that Trump is forcing you to stop procrastinating...
These.

And also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
The truth is that most of Trump Supporters could not care less if you are Gay and choose that lifestyle. His election was about their welfare, not yours. or any particular group. No one is going to become anti-gay because he was elected. Same as no one would become pro-Gay if Hillary got it. It was never an issue in this election.

People do not want a choice of lifestyle shoved down their throats. That is the the issue, I am a Trump supporter, and could not care less who your partner is. My approval is not required. Same as Religion. You want to a Baptist, Catholic, or Pagan, go for it, just don't force me to approve.
This.

Personally, I don't care if you're gay. Why the hell would I care about that? Who are you to me? Some people believe being gay is a sin, but that doesn't mean that they are going to come after you, attack you, hurt you. They just don't agree with your lifestyle. You want everyone to accept you, but you won't accept that others have a different opinion than you. That's hypocrisy.

The claim that Trump supporters are anti-gay is ridiculous. The claim that Trump supporters are racist is ridiculous. The claim that Trump supporters are going to attack people for being gay or black, or Hispanic, or Asian, or anything else, is ridiculous.

Here's a newsflash Dems: Any tool who does that was going to do that whether or not Trump was elected.

You taking care to ensure that your family can't do this or that if something happens to you, you ensuring that you have your affairs in order if something happens to you, is what you should have done all along, regardless of who won the election.

Any one of us can die at any time for any myriad of reasons. You could be in a fatal car accident. You could get hit by a bus. You could have heart failure from all this stress you are unreasonably putting on yourselves, you could choke on food...no one wants that to happen, but it's reality.

Acting like Trump means the end of the world is absurd. Hillary was all ready to go to war with Russia, and you want to talk about Trump causing problems? Get in to reality.

The people don't have to "STHU". Name a single time in your lives that people haven't pissed and moaned about the POTUS. You can't, because no matter who is holding the office of the President, a good chunk of people are going to be upset. THAT is reality. I can't STAND Obama. I can't wait until he's out. You had your 8 years, now it's time for a new president. And guess what happens later on? Another new president will be elected. Might be a Republican, might be a Democrat. It always changes. People have the right to voice their opinion about the POTUS - it's what separates us from certain countries that don't allow their people to publicly state how much they hate the leader of that country. The people of this country have a First Amendment right that allows them to say what they want, as long as it is not threateing the life, safety, and well being of the POTUS and the first family, OR the VP and his family, or any other elected official, for that matter.

We can mock what the people say who are cynical towards the POTUS, or potus elect, if we think what they say is downright stupid, and that will continue no matter who is the POTUS today, tomorrow, 30 years from now, 100 years from now.

Good that you accept that he has been elected - and fantastic that you are taking care of things that you should have already taken care of, but no one has to "STHU" and do anything quietly. The Dems are allowed to hate Trump, and we are allowed to debate them, and even have a little fun with their outrageous claims.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 11-15-2016 at 01:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections