Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2016, 05:43 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,071,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Can we get over the whole "American people have spoken" narrative? Americans didn't vote vote for him. The electoral college did.

Why don't you stay in your basement for the next 8 years or get over it, one or the other. This is getting old. But, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 06:02 AM

269 posts, read 134,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Yawn.

I'm not worried about anything.

If more dirt turns up on the Clintons, they'll be prosecuted.

Illegals will be deported.

Sanctuary cities will be punished.

Muslim refugees will be kept out.

All kinds of good things are going to happen!

Not everything Trump wants will happen -- that's not the way the system works -- but a lot of things will.

Things you probably aren't going to like.
But Trump for months ran on"crooked hilarity". Trump said out of his own mouth that if elected president that her crimes were so egregious that she'd be in jail.

He wins and then during his first televised interview says I don't care about it.

So that means either he was lying about Hilary's crimes or he is willing to let corruption stand.

On immigration he is no longer saying all 11 million. He is saying only criminals will be deported which is the exact same stance as President Obama. Speaker Ryan says there will be no mass deportations.

And Trump has already shown you directly that just because he said something with conviction during his campaign that doesn't mean he even cares about it.

Sanctuary cities what's he going to do?

To punish a whole city would take tremendous resources and be an extremely divisive fight.

How's he going to keep muslims out without discriminating against Muslims?

But these issues are not important to me directly.

If more Mexican immigrants get deported and allowed entry or fewer muslims or no muslims are allowed to come in, it'll prove trump's campaign and his very narrow victory were all about being against certain ethnic and religious groups because a lot of Americans blame these people and believe their removal and elimination will be a good thing.

I'll be very sad as to what those things mean for all Americans who are not the right ethnicity/racial/religion.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:17 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,906,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by refineryworker73 View Post
Nah, I want to discuss Trump and his corruption. I want to discuss how Trump has already said that "crooked Hilary" won't even be prosecuted.

I mean if a person voted for Trump wouldn't letting "crooked Hilary" off the hook smack of corruption from Trump.
You brought it up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by refineryworker73 View Post
The stuff about criminal Hilary is a complete scam designed to make her unpopular.

I corrected you.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:19 AM

75 posts, read 41,846 times

Old 12-07-2016, 06:22 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,906,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post

1) Fact= Two FBI investigations did not indict Mrs Clinton.

2) Fact-=Numerous Congressional investigations did not indict Mrs Clinton.
Notice the lie here people, notice the pea being moved. Note that this poster thinks they can obfuscate the facts of the issue by trying to imply that because she was not charged, it means she didn't break the law. The fact is, the FBI and the AG admitted she did break the law. This poster is being devious.

Quote:
3)Fact=Trump has said he would not pursue it
Again, the poster is being devious by trying to imply that a failure to prosecute somehow erases a criminal act.

Quote:
4) Fact= Your blind hatred of this women clearly has over taken you
Notice the projection, the poster is furious about the fact that we point out that their candidate did break the law and is getting off while others are charged and do time for such crimes. Note the poster thinks the law doesn't apply to their candidate.

Quote:
We get your opinion you hate her.Move on.You argument holds no water becuase you want to persicute Clinton and not Trump and Trump is just as bad if not worse than Clinton yet you give a pass becuase "he is not a polotician".This is not burger king you can't have it your way .
Projection, I stated a fact, she broke the law.

You can't debate this with me, you have no means to which is why you continue to cling to fallacies and misdirection. Truly a progressive supporter of Clinton.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:27 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,327,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Can we get over the whole "American people have spoken" narrative? Americans didn't vote vote for him. The electoral college did.
Oh, please!

No. 1: The E.C. hasn't voted yet.
No. 2: Americans overwhelmingly voted for Trump in nearly 2/3 of States.

We do not elect the president based on a nationwide popular vote. We vote as 50 sovereign states. That is our system. We are not a "democracy," but a Republic.

Get over your sour grapes.

We had to put up with eight years of Barack H. Obama, who is probably going to be remembered as America's worst president. He has caused more damage to our Republic and our Constitution than any other president.

The adults are in charge again, and they are people who love this country and wish to restore our Republic.

Hillary lost BIG TIME. (Thank God!)

Get over it, and get a life!

Old 12-07-2016, 06:33 AM

269 posts, read 134,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
You brought it up...

I corrected you.
What did I bring up.

You corrected nothing.

The basic reality is that people pretending they couldn't stand Hilary's corruption and crimes and that's why they voted for trump doesn't stand up to reality.

Trump's business dealings are opaque, he didn't release his taxes. He hasn't detailed his business dealings.

So those two things right there objectively if a person is concerned about crimes and corruption would be a huge red flag.

Plus given Trump's personal history of lying and cheating that everyone knows about.
M
He just agreed to pay millions to people who says he ripped them off. Again any person truly offended by corruption or criminal behavior would not have supported trump.

And those same people would be deeply convert about Trump saying he had no interest in seeing her be prosecuted.

Especially after he spent months saying crooked Hilary and how if he were president she'd be in jail.

Yet his first interview he says he doesn't care, so that means he was either lying about her crimes or he is ok with corruption.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:33 AM

19,828 posts, read 9,387,493 times
Nothing would make me happier politically this month than seeing Kasich win the presidency, after all.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Making America great again is a slogan where white men will be in charge again and minorities including women are left out because they are inferior. No thanks. We have advanced way to much and going back is not an option. And it won't happen anyway because if he does try and do this there will be another civil war. This country is more divided then ever thanks to Trump.
Oh, please! Get over your racism!

It seems the new meme of the Democrat Party is "white supremacy" won the election! Pathetic. We know which Party are the racists, and it isn't the Republicans!

Have you noticed how many women have been chosen for Trumps team? Have you noticed that it was a women who brought him through to victory, and is still on his team, and who may end up as Press Sec'y?

Your alarmist warnings are conspiracy theory hysteria, and baseless.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Can you please elaborate on the claims you just made.

1.White men will be in charge again and minorities including women are left out because they are inferior.
Why do you feel inferior. That sounds like a personal problem.

2. We have advanced way to much and going back is not an option.And it won't happen anyway because if he does try and do this there will be another civil war.

Where are you going back to? I don't understand. What is it that he is trying to do that have you so frightened? Are you an illigal immigrant? Explain yourself.

3.This country is more divided then ever thanks to Trump

It was divided long long before Mr Trump. How old are you?
Well said! These people are just fruit cakes, that's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections