Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 07:07 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,404,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Counties don't matter. Many counties have very few people compared to others. What matters to me is that she won the popular vote.
I am accepting and understanding of the electoral college but
kind of odd that 1 voter in KS equals 600 voters in CA.

Trump will have a hard time selling his snake oil since
he does not have the majority of voters on his side.

Lots of his voters didn't vote for him but against Clinton and those voters will
most likely be harder to please than his hardcore followers.

Fun times ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 07:08 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,443,485 times
Everything is fine.

Trump is already making America great again.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:08 AM

587 posts, read 305,393 times
As soon as you get over the documented fact that Millions of illegal aliens with fake documents
voted.

This is why we have an electoral college, to protect us from such fraud .

Need proof ?

Clinton Pandered to them her entire campaign,

Hillary knew they were going to Vote , and so did every lib in the country.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:15 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,687,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post
As soon as you get over the documented fact that Millions of illegal aliens with fake documents
voted.

This is why we have an electoral college, to protect us from such fraud .

Need proof ?

Clinton Pandered to them her entire campaign,

Hillary knew they were going to Vote , and so did every lib in the country.

Why am I not surprised you voted for the ignoramus nutcase?

Old 12-07-2016, 07:15 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,371,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post

By all means, please keep up your current MO of insulting the electorate. Many Liberal pundits have argued over the last three weeks that is precisely what cost you the election. So please, continue.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:16 AM

269 posts, read 134,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Try reading what I quoted. Or, play dumb, I don't really care.
You corrected nothing. Again I'll repeat it.

People who say they couldn't abide Hilary's corruption and voted for Trump don't care about corruption.

It's a lie.

Trump didn't release his taxes. So we have no idea about his business holdings. Or how certain government action could enrich him personally. So again anyone interested in corruption those would be two huge flags about corruption.

Plus given Trump's actual business history of ripping people off and being sued and paying huge settlements would again be a huge red flag for those afraid of corruption.

Finally Trump's reaction to clinton should deeply concern those trump voters pretending to care about corruption. Because it shows clearly that trump lied to them directly and then in an interview tossed them to the side very easily. He spent months pretending that Clinton was this huge crook that he would surely lock up of elected and the first thing he said on live tv was it means nothing to me.

Which means he is personally ok with enabling the corruption of Clinton. Which means he is a liar and corrupt himself.

So my point that someone who is seriously against government corruption and Clinton's corruption ain't voting for Trump, stands

Old 12-07-2016, 07:24 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,907,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
I am accepting and understanding of the electoral college but
kind of odd that 1 voter in KS equals 600 voters in CA.
It is kind of the point. Why should mere numbers decide ones voice? What do the people in CA know about KS? Should the major population centers decide everything for everyone in other areas? What does some city dweller know about the rural one? They are not the same, they view life differently, have different needs and expectations. What would be criminal is if might was made right by majorities being able to subjugate the minority view simply because a politician is able to entice enough of them to via mob based manipulation tactics. The founders warned often of the dangers of democracies as they were the seed of tyranny.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:26 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,907,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by refineryworker73 View Post
You corrected nothing. Again I'll repeat it.

People who say they couldn't abide Hilary's corruption and voted for Trump don't care about corruption.

It's a lie.

Trump didn't release his taxes. So we have no idea about his business holdings. Or how certain government action could enrich him personally. So again anyone interested in corruption those would be two huge flags about corruption.

Plus given Trump's actual business history of ripping people off and being sued and paying huge settlements would again be a huge red flag for those afraid of corruption.

Finally Trump's reaction to clinton should deeply concern those trump voters pretending to care about corruption. Because it shows clearly that trump lied to them directly and then in an interview tossed them to the side very easily. He spent months pretending that Clinton was this huge crook that he would surely lock up of elected and the first thing he said on live tv was it means nothing to me.

Which means he is personally ok with enabling the corruption of Clinton. Which means he is a liar and corrupt himself.

So my point that someone who is seriously against government corruption and Clinton's corruption ain't voting for Trump, stands
That is not what I quoted you on and you damn well know it. Stop being devious here. You stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by refineryworker73 View Post
The stuff about criminal Hilary is a complete scam designed to make her unpopular.
I corrected you, now move on and stop lying about the discussion I had with you.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:30 AM

59,185 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Can we get over the whole "American people have spoken" narrative? Americans didn't vote vote for him. The electoral college did.
Donald Trump is unpopular

Prove it.

"Americans didn't vote vote for him. The electoral college did"

This is WHY the "dumb" dems lost.

So, genius, who voted that gave the electoral college the person for them to vote for?

Old 12-07-2016, 08:26 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,327,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Trump won with a lower percentage of the popular vote (currently 46.1% and falling) than any of his predecessors with the exception of Bill Clinton in 1992 (43.01%) and John Quincy Adams in 1824 (31.92%), both of whom had significant third party opposition, which Trump did not.
Meaningless.

How many times do you people need to be told that we do not elect a president by a nationwide popular vote? Nor should we. Yet, you keep beating that drum. To continue, isn't going to make an invalid argument any more valid.

We are 50 sovereign states. Every state has it's own government, including a governor. Every state is different in some way. It is said that in America one can vote with their feet. If you don't like the way one state is governed, or it's laws, you can move to another state.

That is why each state votes independently for president. The votes are tallied, and the winner becomes that states duly elected choice for president.

For this reason, it is pointless to even consider who won the popular vote nationwide. Though it may be interesting data, it is not really useful data.

And, our system is not likely to change, as there is very good reason why the framers created the E.C., and those reasons are just as valid today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections