Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Mayor Pete have any shot at becoming the nominee?
Yes 84 47.19%
No 94 52.81%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 03:51 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,818,275 times

Advertisements

OK... abomination is not who or what a person is, it's about sin. Each and everyone on this planet is made of both spirit and flesh.... and, "for all have sinned and none is righteous". That about covers it in totality. Now lets not have a deep discussion here. That is the simplest explanation I can give, without getting to far into the weeds. Accept or don't accept.... your choice.

Now you didn't ask about detestable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 04:31 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
The point I was making was, just because some people long ago, decided to write down what they saw and heard, does in no way make it so, or correct.
I am not being one bit defensive as you claim, but rather stating pure fact, that people from the beginning of time, have their own thoughts, and ways of expressing them.
You want to believe what is printed in the bible, that is your choice.

If you can, I would like an answer to what I asked in the other post, regarding why, if I am an abomination in the eyes of our creator, why have I been extremely blessed by the creator?
The abomination is not in the eyes of the Lord, but in the eyes of the author who wanted people swayed to his beliefs.

Bob.
Prosperity in this life is not a blessing at all if its end is an eternity in hell. But if you repent and turn to Jesus, your sins will be forgiven.

Old 08-26-2019, 04:35 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Prosperity in this life is not a blessing at all if its end is an eternity in hell. But if you repent and turn to Jesus, your sins will be forgiven.
Ah so Gods like a mafia boss who will send you to suffer for eternity if you don't show him the proper "respect".

Old 08-26-2019, 04:37 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
I think Mayor Pete has already repented. He's religious and attends church regularly, and was married in a church, so he must have turned to Jesus a long time ago.

So I'm guessing his sins have been forgiven. Feel free to question Jesus in the matter if you wish; he will listen, and he knows your heart.

Old 08-26-2019, 04:53 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,984,238 times
Quote:
I am not talking about just financial, and material blessings, there is much, much more, that I am truly blessed with, and for what it's worth, I turned to, and accepted Jesus when I was in my twenties, perhaps that is why I have been so fortunate all my life.
In the eyes of the Lord, my lifestyle does not enter into it.

I would say my life is as far from an "abomination " that one could possibly be.
Perhaps you, and others like you should be content in knowing that the Lord loves each and everyone of us, and he , and only he, decides what is sin, and what is not, and the proper penance.
That is not possible with human beings, we are not equipped to know.

This thread has gotten a little off track with regard to the gay candidate for the presidency.
Though I will be voting republican as I always do, I believe Mr. Buttigeig would make an excellent president.
Were he to be successful in the election process, I would support many of his principals.

Bob.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:23 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times
Why is this thread so religious? All way off topic!

Old 08-27-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
People ask questions ... and of course the issue of homosexuality, same sex marriage and a candidate is a valid one. For me... it's a non issue unless he acts like a flaming comet, and he doesn't ... so there's that. I remind myself that King David was an adulterer, a murderer, a womanizer and yet revered... and from his lineage came Jesus.

In much the same way as president Trump has a "sorted" history with women, Pete's sexuality is a valid criteria for evaluating a candidate. However I think it's less important these days.

.... just sayin'

Old 08-29-2019, 04:31 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Someone brought the Bible and beliefs into it with others having only responded to.

Old 08-29-2019, 05:31 AM

What's off topic when evaluating a candidate? His cat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections