Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Mayor Pete have any shot at becoming the nominee?
Yes 84 47.19%
No 94 52.81%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 01:37 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am not doubting his intelligence one bit, I am talking about your insults, calling someone an idiot and uneducated. Yes, I am very aware of her educational background and her not being a scholar. As for the book, no I didn't read it, but if I had I take everything I read with a grain of salt Most reading material is slanted. I love to read, but I also love to hear both sides. As for being interviewed by katie Couric, I didn't her it, did you and I wouldn't trust much of what she said. but more than that my beef is more with the name calling and the insults. BTW though I do read newspapers I am also aware,even 10 plus years ago there are many ways to get news other that the print media.
The book I referenced, “Game Change” was written about Steve Schmidt’s experience trying to prep Sarah Palin for running for Vice President with John McCain. Steve Schmidt, McCain’s 2008 Campaign Manager, is well known in political circles. I have seen him on TV number of times. A very smart guy. The prep team was unable to educate Sarah Palin because of her lack of ability to learn. Or maybe it was her arrogance. If you would deign to read the book, you’d find out. However, like most conservatives, you may not have an open mind. FYI, not all books cover both sides of an issue!

I did personally hear the Katie Couric interview at the time. Palin came off as ignorant. I am very surprised that Palin actually got a degree, as she flitted from school to school. What Governor of any state before 2008 (when she ran for VP) never looked at any newspapers?

Why in the world are you so insulted that I said Palin was an idiot? Is she a relative or something? Some of the names for Pete Buttigieg that I have read on this forum are disgusting. Some of the names Donald Trump calls people in his tweets are awful. Do any of those bother you?

Last edited by staywarm2; 08-15-2019 at 02:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 01:06 AM

8,489 posts, read 8,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
His resume is far far a cut above that of say Biden who NEVER worked a real job...

According to wikipedia during the six years between law school and the Senate, Biden worked at least 5 different jobs, 3 in law, 1 on City Council and one in real estate. He worked at least two of these at a time, perhaps all 3 for half the time while starting a family and doing the background prep work for running for higher office.

Either Waldo Kitty did not know these facts but spoke like did or was telling a lie. It is easier to view the world the way you want to see it if you make it up.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:08 AM

14,955 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
So glad you know what you are!
I do... knowing oneself is the beginning of wisdom.... you should try it, might help.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:48 AM

W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
I do... knowing oneself is the beginning of wisdom.... you should try it, might help.
So happy I don’t live in Tennessee!

Old 08-17-2019, 09:52 AM

So happy I don’t live in Tennessee!

Old 08-17-2019, 11:17 AM

We are too. We are too. Thank you very, very much.

Old 08-17-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
We are too. We are too. Thank you very, very much.
Sad, though, that you live in FL, at least part-time.

Old 08-17-2019, 12:41 PM

Lived in Florida since the mid seventies out where all the roads were dirt and all hands are clean. At least now, the frontage road is a hard road. Wanna come visit? Y'all might hear some banjo music.

You live in a city? metro?

Old 08-18-2019, 03:22 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Either Waldo Kitty did not know these facts but spoke like did or was telling a lie.
The former would be correct.

Old 08-18-2019, 04:37 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
According to wikipedia during the six years between law school and the Senate, Biden worked at least 5 different jobs, 3 in law, 1 on City Council and one in real estate. He worked at least two of these at a time, perhaps all 3 for half the time while starting a family and doing the background prep work for running for higher office.

Either Waldo Kitty did not know these facts but spoke like did or was telling a lie. It is easier to view the world the way you want to see it if you make it up.
Dear you just confirmed what I said. But I'll give you this. Apparently with that law school degree, he tried to sell houses to make ends meet. BTW, city council is politics. And you think that compares to Pete Buttigieg.

Big fail on your part. Like I said Buttigieg's resume is far far far above that of Sleepy Joe Biden. 45 years in politics and absolutely nothing to show for it beyond voting for War, Sending American Jobs overseas, and making the 1% very very rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections