Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Mayor Pete have any shot at becoming the nominee?
Yes 84 47.19%
No 94 52.81%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 09:00 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,671,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Obama was a funny name.

Face it. The USA is no longer the white western European nation it once was.

I expect the Presidents of the 21st century will often have names that are 'funny' to you. You'll get used to it.
Again... it’s not about one’s name that matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 09:35 PM

29,214 posts, read 22,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Again... it’s not about one’s name that matters.
Of course. A President's name doesn't matter at all. It's the job the President does that counts.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:46 PM

15,823 posts, read 6,534,658 times
He's a nice, likable guy with warm charisma. But he's short. It's shallow and stupid, but Americans don't vote for short candidates. I can still remember watching George Bush pat the shorter Michael Dukakis on the head during a debate. Man, Dukakis pretty much lost the election right there. Both Dukakis and Buttigieg are 5' 8".

Old 08-23-2019, 02:25 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,671,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
He's a nice, likable guy with warm charisma. But he's short. It's shallow and stupid, but Americans don't vote for short candidates. I can still remember watching George Bush pat the shorter Michael Dukakis on the head during a debate. Man, Dukakis pretty much lost the election right there. Both Dukakis and Buttigieg are 5' 8".
This is something that is wrong with the world, that people would be more impressed with a taller male, no matter the mentality, than a shorter male. I know that this is said regarding attraction and when hiring new employees, etc., leaving the shorter male to struggle with self-doubt, etc., which is unnecessary and ridiculous, as it is the human that matters... (there being the same kind of judgement of females in ways, but that is another subject).

Besides being that in this case, his being more brilliant and capable than many, I believe he would be qualified. As another said, it would be nice to see him at least be chosen for V. P., to be able to express what he has to offer.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 08-23-2019 at 02:43 AM..

Old 08-23-2019, 06:45 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,199,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Obama was a funny name.

Face it. The USA is no longer the white western European nation it once was.

I expect the Presidents of the 21st century will often have names that are 'funny' to you. You'll get used to it.
Pete Buttigieg's name and family are from Malta which is a white, European country and member of the EU

Old 08-23-2019, 10:20 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,642,267 times
Pete is an intelligent, mature, friendly, hard-working young guy who has plans for our country. Trump on the other hand, is an idiotic, lazy, impulsive, boor, and I really don’t understand why anyone would want four more years of him and his political reality show.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:02 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,801,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Pete is an intelligent, mature, friendly, hard-working young guy who has plans for our country. Trump on the other hand, is an idiotic, lazy, impulsive, boor, and I really don’t understand why anyone would want four more years of him and his political reality show.
Well then... it's clear you lack understanding, although you've got the bias thing down pat.

Old 08-23-2019, 01:12 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,369,666 times
Quote:
This is something that is wrong with the world, that people would be more impressed with a taller male, no matter the mentality, than a shorter male. I know that this is said regarding attraction and when hiring new employees, etc., leaving the shorter male to struggle with self-doubt, etc., which is unnecessary and ridiculous, as it is the human that matters... (there being the same kind of judgement of females in ways, but that is another subject).

Besides being that in this case, his being more brilliant and capable than many, I believe he would be qualified. As another said, it would be nice to see him at least be chosen for V. P., to be able to express what he has to offer.
I always thought 5’8” in height was average, not short!

Old 08-23-2019, 02:35 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,417 times
Quote:

Examples, please of his brilliance and capability?

Old 08-23-2019, 04:47 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
This picture will take care of image problems. He's a patriot and served his country honorably. Meanwhile the warmonger Biden was sending guys like Buttigieg into harm's way in one endless war of choice after another.

If Democrats want to motivate the younger generations, they aren't going to do it with a 80 year old chicken hawk. For now, the military is firmly in Trump's camp and Buttigieg is the only one who might win back a few.

https://newscdn.weigelbroadcasting.c...age-134292.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections