Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Mayor Pete have any shot at becoming the nominee?
Yes 84 47.19%
No 94 52.81%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 11:45 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,369,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Buttigieg said,

“That’s the thing I wish the Mike Pences of the world would understand, that if you have a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me. Your quarrel, sir, is with my creator.”

Imagine a child molester, rapist, or murderer saying that. How preposterous! Mr. Buttigieg should turn in the Bible to Romans 9:21-22 and ask himself whether he is acting more like a vessel unto honor or a vessel unto dishonor. God has given us His view on homosexuality, that it is an abomination (Leviticus 18:22). I would suggest Buttigieg repent.
The Bible says virtually nothing about homosexuality, only what some have tried to bend it to read so.

Guess you’ll vote for Trump, that adulterer, liar, selfish con man...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 12:54 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,429,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
The Bible says virtually nothing about homosexuality, only what some have tried to bend it to read so.

Questioning what God really said is exactly how the serpent tricked Eve (Genesis 3:1-5).

Old 08-25-2019, 04:49 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:

Trump has congratulated Buttigieg and Christian on their marriage.

Old 08-25-2019, 05:50 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,671,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Buttigieg said,

“That’s the thing I wish the Mike Pences of the world would understand, that if you have a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me. Your quarrel, sir, is with my creator.”

Imagine a child molester, rapist, or murderer saying that. How preposterous! Mr. Buttigieg should turn in the Bible to Romans 9:21-22 and ask himself whether he is acting more like a vessel unto honor or a vessel unto dishonor. God has given us His view on homosexuality, that it is an abomination (Leviticus 18:22). I would suggest Buttigieg repent.
So, you liken a Gay person to those who perform criminal activities? I see...

Old 08-25-2019, 06:11 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,671,835 times
Quote:

Sure, those negative traits being apparently overlooked by some. Amazing.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:24 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,801,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Sure, those negative traits being apparently overlooked by some. Amazing.
If you're gonna invoke Biblical virtues or lack thereof... a quick study of King David might give some insight, but I digress.

Old 08-26-2019, 10:44 AM

21,922 posts, read 9,491,642 times
Quote:

It does say this:

Leviticus 18:22 says, “[Men] shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.” Leviticus 20:13 says, “If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act.”

I don't personally feel this way. But to say the Bible says nothing about it is a lie.

Old 08-26-2019, 12:44 PM

8,548 posts, read 10,971,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
It does say this:

Leviticus 18:22 says, “[Men] shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.” Leviticus 20:13 says, “If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act.”

I don't personally feel this way. But to say the Bible says nothing about it is a lie.
I really need to interject here regarding all the anti gay members on this forum.
Just taking the quote above, is an example.
Whether any of you care to believe it, the bible was authored by people, yes people, not super naturals.
People back then, just like today interpret words as they believe they were spoken, or read.
To believe, or disbelieve is up to each person.

In the days when the writings in the bible were supposedly spoken, those interpreting the words, were like the reporters of today.
The words were, and still are today, interpreted to suit the person stating them.
We can no more believe the words of the bible, than we can the words of today's press.
What makes the writings in the bible any more coherent than the words written, and spoken in the press today?
They are one in the same.

As in the days when Jesus roamed the earth, people followed him, hinged on his every word, much like today, when groups follow a political candidate.
In those "rally's" of past, the words of the speaker were, and today, still are twisted to the author's discretion.

I can tell all of you one very important fact concerning the almighty, and many of you anti gay folks might want to rethink your homophobia.
If as many of you believe, homosexuality is an "abomination", then you might want to discuss why the creator of all has blessed this gay man with undying love, and admiration, as well as a great life, and love for my creator.

Why have I been so blessed with fantastic health at my advanced age, and have everything in life that any human being could ever hope to achieve?
Surely were my lifestyle an "abomination" in the eyes of the creator, I would , as most homophobes believe, be scorned and be the recipient of a much less desirable life.

With regard to this gay man running for the highest office in the country, were he an"abomination" in the eyes of the Lord, do you actually believe he would be in his current position of perhaps being voted into the most powerful position on the planet?

Perhaps it is time that people who have a different interpretation of ideas, and events, take a harder look within themselves.
Perhaps then, you will have a better understanding of what is, and what isn't.

Bob.

Old 08-26-2019, 01:17 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,801,283 times
Bob... if you look back a bit in the thread, you'll see it has nothing to do with being anti-gay. It was about how little the Bible speaks to the issue of homosexuality. You went right in defensive mode and you're overreacting.

The Bible = Divinely Inspired word written by men... all but the 10 commandments. Opinions may vary.

You can rest assured most true believers do not condemn, but they are also people with feelings about sexuality issues. If you do a word study about "detestable" or "abomination" it might surprise you. Expressing them isn't anti gay it's probably more pro straight. Try and understand, us straight people have feelings too, but I digress.

We are made perfectly imperfect.

~Dave~

Old 08-26-2019, 01:33 PM

8,548 posts, read 10,971,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Bob... if you look back a bit in the thread, you'll see it has nothing to do with being anti-gay. It was about how little the Bible speaks to the issue of homosexuality. You went right in defensive mode and you're overreacting.

The Bible = Divinely Inspired word written by men... all but the 10 commandments. Opinions may vary.

You can rest assured most true believers do not condemn, but they are also people with feelings about sexuality issues. If you do a word study about "detestable" or "abomination" it might surprise you. Expressing them isn't anti gay it's probably more pro straight. Try and understand, us straight people have feelings too, but I digress.

We are made perfectly imperfect.

~Dave~
The point I was making was, just because some people long ago, decided to write down what they saw and heard, does in no way make it so, or correct.
I am not being one bit defensive as you claim, but rather stating pure fact, that people from the beginning of time, have their own thoughts, and ways of expressing them.
You want to believe what is printed in the bible, that is your choice.

If you can, I would like an answer to what I asked in the other post, regarding why, if I am an abomination in the eyes of our creator, why have I been extremely blessed by the creator?
The abomination is not in the eyes of the Lord, but in the eyes of the author who wanted people swayed to his beliefs.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections