Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 04:48 PM

21,427 posts, read 7,503,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
CNN poll..ROFLMAO...This should be fun to tear apart.
You are late to the game, but go ahead and try.

CNN, like Fox News, NBC etc doesn't do it's own polling, they pay for professionals to do them. The respondents do not typically know who is sponsoring the poll, they only answer the questions.

The biggest concern of polls is the methodology, each polling organization can be slightly (or greatly) different but the news organizations treat this as news, they just report whatever they are given.

You are free, of course, to build your own fantasy around this if that makes you happy.

Old 10-06-2020, 04:54 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,757,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post
Exactly!

I'm 100% for Trump... but if Biden were to somehow win (I was much more worried about Hillary than I am Biden, just sayin) I would laugh my ass off because these voters would get exactly what they deserve... starting with the stock market crash once Biden is declared the victor.

Vote for the man who is in bed with China... vote for the man who welcomes illegals with open arms... vote for the career politician who hasn't done jack in 47 years but line his family's pockets... and prepare for President Kamala Harris and her sidekicks Bernie and AOC.

What a sh&% show that will be... either way I'll be locked and loaded ready for the civil war.

#TRUMP2020
"You must spread some rep around before giving more to this user".

Old 10-06-2020, 04:55 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,757,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
CNN poll..ROFLMAO...This should be fun to tear apart.
Not only that, but less than 2000 people? And they were polled where, California?

Old 10-06-2020, 05:20 PM

2,184 posts, read 1,828,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
What nonsense — the pollsters want to earn as much money from the huge pot of political money that is sloshing about. They are telling the guys with cash what they want to hear so they can get paid. “Oh yes, our technicals show Mr. Biden pulling ahead by XX points, but we need to keep polling daily to track that growing lead, just sign right here...”

After the election (the money has been spent), no pollster gives a rat’s behind about being wrong. There are a million and one excuses they can use.
Of course they want to be right because there will always be an election. Top polling firms only stay that way by being correct more often than not. I worked for one 20 years ago and they are still considered one of the top pollsters in the country. The amount of money they pulled in then was significant but competition is fierce. They are constantly working on improving things to make sure that they are accurate, no pollster is going to risk their reputation because they want to be the go company in 2022 and beyond.

Old 10-06-2020, 05:28 PM

30,334 posts, read 11,965,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Election poll? Flashback to 2016, Hillary led in the polls. I went to bed and woke up to hear Trump was President. Polls are useless, and CNN leans so far left.

The polls were gauging the popular vote. Polls said Hillary by 3% she won by 2%. Trump had amazing good luck getting the close swing states to all fall for him and got the EC. The error in the polls was not polling more in swing states. They are doing that this time.

Old 10-06-2020, 05:39 PM

29,232 posts, read 22,494,585 times
I still expect the election will be close. Not as close as 2016, but not a landslide.

I don't see any way Trump can win unless another pandemic relief bill is passed. Even that relief may not be enough to stop his loss if the money doesn't go down in a straight line to everyone who needs it the most and doesn't get siphoned off by the Wall St. boys.

And if he goes back to the hospital, I think there will be a landslide.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:34 PM

1,041 posts, read 302,238 times
Biden would not be in Pennsylvania and Michigan nonstop if he had this election in the bag. He's well aware that Florida and North Carolina are even out of reach for him. His internals tell a much different story than the election mafia/media polls.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:36 PM

1,041 posts, read 302,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I still expect the election will be close. Not as close as 2016, but not a landslide.

I don't see any way Trump can win unless another pandemic relief bill is passed. Even that relief may not be enough to stop his loss if the money doesn't go down in a straight line to everyone who needs it the most and doesn't get siphoned off by the Wall St. boys.

It should be considered a loss for Trump If he doesn't at least get over 300 EV's against this dunce

Old 10-06-2020, 06:40 PM

8,322 posts, read 3,963,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

So much for the first idea. Trump called a halt to stimulus negotiations until after the election.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/06/trum...-election.html

What will trigger a landslide is if the truth comes out before the election about when Trump and his staff knew they were infected. It's looking more and more like they are trying to hide those facts from the American people. If Trump is on the wrong side of that answer, all bets are off.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:41 PM

30,334 posts, read 11,965,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenpastures23 View Post
It should be considered a loss for Trump If he doesn't at least get over 300 EV's against this dunce

I would imagine their side is saying exactly the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections