Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2022, 08:37 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The reason for the disparity between Biden’s dismal poll numbers and the Democrats’ steady support in their own state races is the presence of an ideologically driven, very anti-Republican electorate on the Left. Many of those who support the Democratic Party are indifferent to what’s rattling the other side. Or if they do notice that things are going south, they blame Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin, or the now broken and bankrupt NRA.

I am expressing these thoughts without pleasure and would be delighted if I am proven wrong. Yet the Democrats don’t have to worry about internal critics who are the equivalent of the Bulwark, the Dispatch, the Lincoln Project, or Representative Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.). Their partisans move in lockstep and always find reasons to support their candidates, no matter how crazy these politicians sound, e.g., when they tell us men get pregnant, gender-specific pronouns are Nazi, or white people (except for members of their party) are racists and terrorists. Democrats also enjoy media support, the protection of the deep state, and even the tender care of secret surveillance agencies. Why should something as trivial as Biden’s tanking popularity doom the Democrats in the fall elections?

And media-protected election fraud is always there as a last resort.
Link: https://amgreatness.com/2022/06/05/n...o-materialize/

Sadly, there is a lot of truth in the article. Democrats simply don't care whether the people they vote for deliver results - just look at any large urban city that has been run by Democrats for decades. Rather, they care about hating people who disagree with them. So they vote Democrat no matter what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2022, 08:40 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://amgreatness.com/2022/06/05/n...o-materialize/

Sadly, there is a lot of truth in the article. Democrats simply don't care whether the people they vote for deliver results - just look at any large urban city that has been run by Democrats for decades. Rather, they care about hating people who disagree with them. So they vote Democrat no matter what.
Absolutely. I'm afraid we won't see a change in party control , either in the mid terms, or in the general. I really hope I'm wrong though, how much more can our country take with an administration such as this one destroying it.

Old 06-06-2022, 08:41 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
I was largely with the sentiments in the link until the last sentence, about a stolen election.

This guy is talking out of both sides of his mouth - noting the fractured Republican party and infighting, and going on to reach the opposite conclusion, that election results are rigged.

Which is it?

Old 06-06-2022, 08:42 AM

5,941 posts, read 2,762,114 times
I think the GOP takes the House for sure. The Senate is more of a toss up right now.

Old 06-06-2022, 08:50 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,901,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
I think the GOP takes the House for sure. The Senate is more of a toss up right now.

It would be almost impossible for the GOP not to take the House.

They literally only need like 5 seats, and they're already getting 3 or 4 from redistricting alone.

I do agree the Senate could be more difficult. Georgia in particular could be a struggle.

Still, I'd rather be the GOP than the DNC right about now, no doubt.

Old 06-06-2022, 08:52 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Transgenderism, deep state fears, and even immigration simply do not place highly on most people's lists of issues facing the nation. What does? Inflation, abortion and gun violence. Republicans are nominating people who have no ideology other than a stolen election and immigration. Inflation is the big issue but Republicans have no answer to inflation which, in all likelihood will be largely abated by November anyway. As for abortion and gun violence, they are on the losing end of both of them.

Old 06-06-2022, 08:54 AM

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times
I think many dems would vote for Satan, even after he tells them he will burn each of them in the fires of hell after the election, rather than vote for a sane person with aspirations to turn this country into a robust representative republic again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Inflation is the big issue ... which, in all likelihood will be largely abated by November anyway.
How about we hold you to that. Let's revisit this thread in November and see what sort of tune you'll be singing... still... when a loaf of bread is breaking the ten dollar mark. What do you think gas will be at that time?

We'll see. No one here has a crystal ball. But my bet is that you are dead wrong. So far since you've started your cheerleading posts, things have gotten worse and worse, rather than better. So, sorry, you're not a "horse" I dare place any money on. In fact, even now, you are running with a bit of a gimp.

Old 06-06-2022, 08:55 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,557,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Sadly, there is a lot of truth in the article. Democrats simply don't care whether the people they vote for deliver results - just look at any large urban city that has been run by Democrats for decades.
I agree. Whereas states like Texas who have their own power grid which routinely fails, is run by Republicans, and they continue to vote republican.

The idea of sides is the problem. We've allowed ourselves to be pigeonholed neatly into Democrat and Republican camps, they have to other next to nothing other than "don't vote for the other guy". This is how a democracy dies.

Old 06-06-2022, 09:01 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times
People need to live day to day. No one knows what will happen months down the road.

Old 06-06-2022, 09:01 AM

21,867 posts, read 25,161,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I was largely with the sentiments in the link until the last sentence, about a stolen election.

This guy is talking out of both sides of his mouth - noting the fractured Republican party and infighting, and going on to reach the opposite conclusion, that election results are rigged.

Which is it?
Bunch a nothing burger. There's plenty of fracture in the Democratic party as well between the progressive and old dog Dems. They're just more civilized and flexible. Plenty of Dems don't care for AOC but she's not actively hated the way RINOs like Lincoln Project or Cheney are. There isn't a divine figurehead that one must worship to be part of the club like the Republicans have. Certainly not all and I do hope they return to more normal times. But until then, yeah, it's pretty much accurate at the core. The Dems would really need to screw up. The Dems voters may be disappointed but what's on the other side is a trainwreck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections