Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2022, 07:00 PM

6,035 posts, read 2,849,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I can't believe I am saying it but the Democrats along with the Independents are the only things holding our country together.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ng-more-money/

'House Democrats Aim to Reduce 40-Year-High Inflation by Spending More Money'

I know, they have all the right answers to fight inflation!...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2022, 07:35 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Bunch a nothing burger. There's plenty of fracture in the Democratic party as well between the progressive and old dog Dems. They're just more civilized and flexible. Plenty of Dems don't care for AOC but she's not actively hated the way RINOs like Lincoln Project or Cheney are. There isn't a divine figurehead that one must worship to be part of the club like the Republicans have. Certainly not all and I do hope they return to more normal times. But until then, yeah, it's pretty much accurate at the core. The Dems would really need to screw up. The Dems voters may be disappointed but what's on the other side is a trainwreck.
Trump and Trumpers are the RINOs.

Old 06-06-2022, 07:42 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,115,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Yet, you stated you would not vote for a Republican.... It seems as though you are ignoring your own opinion...

Yes, but that was in the past, possibly in the future after what transpired with Trump and Jan 6th...that was a game changer, at least for now....I have voted for Republicans many times in the past, hopefully
it will be safe to do so in the future (there are several that I would vote for today) but we have to get past this one moment in time, where everything we know and every thing our Country stands for was threatened and is at stake.
Earlier I wrote:
Quote:
This is interesting coming from people on this board that would vote for Satan before they voted for someone with a "D" besides their name.
(I have never voted for anyone just because they have a R or a D next to their name, I vote for the person, not for the party.)But this year since Trump tried to steal the election and the country, it will be quite awhile before I can bring myself to vote for a Republican again....I can't believe I am saying it but the Democrats along with the Independents are the only things holding our country together.

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 06-06-2022 at 07:56 PM..

Old 06-06-2022, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ng-more-money/

'House Democrats Aim to Reduce 40-Year-High Inflation by Spending More Money'

I know, they have all the right answers to fight inflation!...

They actually have many not so good ideas...but at least they don't want to end our elections and destroy our Democracy.

Old 06-06-2022, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

Exactly!

Old 06-06-2022, 07:50 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
Republicans certainly shouldent get too sure of themselves. All the election laws that made it so easy for Democrats to cheat are still in place and you can be sure Democrats will use them.

Old 06-06-2022, 08:48 PM

321 posts, read 128,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I agree we need the sunny optimism of Reagan in the GOP. We just have to figure out how to get half of the GOP out of Trump's rear end to see the light. I voted for him in 2020. But only because i had no other option

Old 06-06-2022, 09:35 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,122,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
1. Not really true, as we have seen in 2006, 2010, 2014, 2018
2. I would agree
3. Too early to tell om that
4. This really isn't true. Did the GOP do better with minorities in 2020 than 2016? Yes. Could they continue to do better? Yes, but they really haven't shown the increase election to election.
Two is factually true and no one doubts four at this point. From McCain at the lowest to Romney, to Trump Republicans have picked up minority representative. Again...fact.

If you are thinking things are going to get economically better....go luck. You are ins one sort of relic population of thinking.

Not going to bother to argue about when waves develop, but 2018 wasn't a wave. Republicans did poorly in the House and very well in other respects.

Old 06-06-2022, 09:59 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Two is factually true and no one doubts four at this point. From McCain at the lowest to Romney, to Trump Republicans have picked up minority representative. Again...fact.

If you are thinking things are going to get economically better....go luck. You are ins one sort of relic population of thinking.

Not going to bother to argue about when waves develop, but 2018 wasn't a wave. Republicans did poorly in the House and very well in other respects.

Again Trump's #'s in 2020 were an improvement, but they were a bit of an improvement from rock bottom, and still largely trailed what Bush and others before him did with minorities

As far as 2018, it was certainly a wave. It was the 2nd biggest House change between parties since 1994, it was a bigger pickup than the Democrats had in 2006 and the GOP had in 2014. The Senate they did well in, but that was more of a result of the seats up in that cycle, it doesn't make it not a wave year.

Old 06-06-2022, 11:35 PM

34,062 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Suburbs are a bigger % of mid-term vote, and based on how they vote in mid-terms most times, demographics are NOT a dominant factor there.

Given $5 or $6 national gas coming soon, outrageous inflation, including in rental and home purchase costs, the Dems will, no doubt, lose a NET of several DOZEN house seats, plus at least 1 or 2 net Senate seats.

In recent polls, only 2 in 9 nationally thing the nation is on the right track.

Jimmy Carter territory of his party being hated, not just disliked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections