Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2022, 06:09 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times

Advertisements

Who cares what wave is and is not coming. The country is not heading in a good direction. It’s not about a party, it’s about the people.

It’s about the people that keep putting the same goofballs in power.

It’s about the people who put too much clout into what they see on their screens.

It’s about the people who are being fooled into rejecting the laws that protect us.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 06-08-2022 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: Led to thread hijacking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2022, 06:12 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleprompter View Post
There is no guarantee of a red wave.
There never is, however its VERY probable. I will probably bet money they will.
Quote:
1, As awful as Biden is, he still has around 41% support due to party loyalty. Party loyalty will bring in many Democrats.
So its about Biden, not the red vs blue folks? No I get it. But I think you miss something important. Democrats and Republicans do not decide elections. They do not have a majority. The independents do. This is why Trump lost the popular vote.

Quote:
2, Republicans are fractured and have many weak candidates.
Mostly due to Trump interfering.
Quote:
3, Even Herschel Walker is in a close race and he is popular in Georgia.
The dude held up a gun to a GFs head threatening to kill her, and has multiple personality disorder. LITERALLY the guy is not the person you are voting for necessarily.
Quote:
4, Many individual races are neck and neck.
They often are. This is not new.

Quote:
5, Look at Michigan, Democrats blocked Michigan's best Republican Candidate from getting on the ballot, probably because he is a black conservative and Biden is hostile to them openly telling them that they aren't black.
You mean the guy with fraudulent signatures? Hmm. I 100% see why the 3 candidates with fraudulent signatures were blocked. But I would have preferred they were not. The law is the law however. Maybe they should hire more ethical people.
Quote:
6, 5 months is a long time in politics.
And yet here we all are arguing about races that the primaries are still warm.
Quote:
7, wedge issues like abortion and guns will rile up the liberal base.
Just as they have the Republican base. However you are correct. If anything costs the Republicans its going to be this more then anything else I think. This abortion stuff coming out is deeply unpopular with the majority of people.
Quote:
8, 2000 mules.
Is idiotic fiction thats designed to spread FUD.

Quote:
9, Early voting.
That weve always had. Its not the factor you seem to think.
Quote:
10, Republicans have a poor message.
Hardly. they are 10X the messengers the Democrats are.
Quote:
11, Trump has his supporters, but he has millions who despise him and his connection to the party still hurts.
Yeah. trumps...not helping folks on the right here. And hes pushing some truly bad primary choices that will lose in the general election. LOL. McConnell has got to be losing his mind over all of this.

Old 06-08-2022, 06:21 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
We can only hope for the Red wave but then what?

In 2020 many brainwashed voters were saying ANYONE BUT TRUMP and they got their wish. Today most are suffering from buyers remorse but this is what happens when they order a President through the Mail and they mark those ballots using their emotions and not their brains.

Who are the stand outs in the Republican party? We all know the Bozos on the Left that would throw their hat in the race to the Oval office but who are the Reps that are worthy?

I like Trump but I don't think he should run again. Desantis is the next choice but he might not even want it yet so who?

What we do know is that any Republican that runs will face an uphill battle against the Democrats and their propaganda media machine. The candidate could be a Gay Black Woman and the Dems would still cast her as a Racist that is against Women's Rights and Gay people. What is worse is the hard core Dems would believe it.

There needs to be a reckoning with the Dems that have allowed themselves to be taken over by the Far Left extremists. Until that time they do not deserve our vote.

Old 06-08-2022, 06:37 AM

1,839 posts, read 677,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There needs to be a reckoning with the Dems that have allowed themselves to be taken over by the Far Left extremists. Until that time they do not deserve our vote.
Gerrymandering has exacerbated extremism as it results in fewer competitive districts. It creates an easy platform for an extremist member like a member of the Squad to remain unchallenged.

I'd say some compromises need to done by Democrats and Republicans. Democrats be ok with voter id, while Republicans and Democrats, agree to nonpartisan districts and ending of gerrymandering for voting.

There could be give and takes by both sides on other issues, like gun control such increasing the age to 21, and we'd have a lot less polarization.

Old 06-08-2022, 06:38 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:

1, As awful as Biden is, he still has around 41% support due to party loyalty. Party loyalty will bring in many Democrats.

5, Look at Michigan, Democrats blocked Michigan's best Republican Candidate from getting on the ballot, probably because he is a black conservative and Biden is hostile to them openly telling them that they aren't black.

8, 2000 mules.

9, Early voting.

11, Trump has his supporters, but he has millions who despise him and his connection to the party still hurts.
After the mules of 2020, anything can happen.

Old 06-08-2022, 07:06 AM

6,995 posts, read 2,709,255 times
The GOP will have a veto-proof majority next year. There is nothing the Democrats can do about it. Joe Biden will be a "lame duck" until he is retired in 2024.

Old 06-08-2022, 07:31 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Who cares what wave is and is not coming. The country is not heading in a good direction. It’s not about a party, it’s about the people.

It’s about the people that keep putting the same goofballs in power.

It’s about the people who put too much clout into what they see on their screens.

It’s about the people who are being fooled into rejecting the laws that protect us.
It's also about people who only think of themselves and or their race rather than what is good for our country and our citizens as a whole and they vote likewise. Some of them exist in this very forum and have repeatedly admitted it.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 06-08-2022 at 07:59 AM.. Reason: Edited quote

Old 06-08-2022, 09:27 AM

13,281 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
The four Democratic senators in Georgia and Arizona were all elected during the Trump presidency, when swing voters were more inclined to support Democrats as they were the opposition party. With Biden as president this is no longer the case. The January 2021 runoffs in Georgia were also impacted by Trump complaining that the elections were rigged, which caused some of his supporters who had voted for the Republicans in the regular election not to show up.

I agree that both states are not as solidly red as they were 10-15 years ago, but the nationwide environment for Democrats is very poor this year with voters frustrated about inflation and so many other issues, with the blame going to the president's party. This will make it difficult for Democrats to win outside strongly blue states - which going by 2020 election results, I'd say where Biden won by a 10-15% margin or more. Georgia and Arizona which he carried by less than 1% aren't anywhere close to this level.
Trump has caused problems for the Republicans he demands the most extreme Republican win the primary and they must repeat his lie about the election being rigged. His picks are not the most popular, and far too extreme for voters at least here.

Polling shows Mark Kelly has a comfortable lead over Brnovich. The recent Trump endorsement to Blake Masters isn't helping likely Brnovich will win. Trump won't be able to switch his endorsement to Brnovich who will lose some MAGA support as Trump likely continue to call Brnovich a "Disappointment" going into November. This will likely end just like the Georgia runoff with Mark Kelly winning again.

Old 06-08-2022, 09:32 AM

9,421 posts, read 11,173,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://amgreatness.com/2022/06/05/n...o-materialize/

Sadly, there is a lot of truth in the article. Democrats simply don't care whether the people they vote for deliver results - just look at any large urban city that has been run by Democrats for decades. Rather, they care about hating people who disagree with them. So they vote Democrat no matter what.
Until they get mugged/pushed onto the rails/are down the street from a gangsta shootout/attacked by a random lunatic/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Absolutely. I'm afraid we won't see a change in party control , either in the mid terms, or in the general. I really hope I'm wrong though, how much more can our country take with an administration such as this one destroying it.
The main reason I wonder about the big sea change that the Fox etc. are talking about. Voter fraud. As the lefties' hero said, it doesn't matter who votes. It only matters who counts the vote.

Old 06-08-2022, 10:48 AM

2,953 posts, read 993,758 times
Quote:

8, 2000 mules.

9, Early voting.

All of this is true. Conservatives like to focus on Biden's hideous polling on the individual issues but as you say the numbers on "How will you vote" are not that great pro-GOP and that's the only number that matters. What this tells me is that people to a heavy degree understand how the dems are failing on all issues ... and yet when it comes to voting we still have this huge demographic of slavish idiots that will yet again vote for the very thing that's serially failed them on all the issues that are wrecking their lives.

Which brings me to Trump and looking ahead to '24. I'll beat the gong again for - Do NOT primary-in Trump! Do you want to win, Republicans? If so then get the F over Trump. He's just about the only way you can throw away another four years to the democrat termites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections