Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2022, 12:33 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times

Advertisements

I agree there is no promise of a red wave come November. Especially since Democrats will try to rig as many elections as possible. They will also wait until Sep/Oct to pull a few tricks out of their sleeves. Bribe voters with more free giveaways. Stimulus checks for rising inflation and gas prices, student loan forgiveness, and of course deflecting more blame towards the right and foreign influences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2022, 12:35 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleprompter View Post
There is no guarantee of a red wave.

1, As awful as Biden is, he still has around 41% support due to party loyalty. Party loyalty will bring in many Democrats.

2, Republicans are fractured and have many weak candidates.

3, Even Herschel Walker is in a close race and he is popular in Georgia.

4, Many individual races are neck and neck.

5, Look at Michigan, Democrats blocked Michigan's best Republican Candidate from getting on the ballot, probably because he is a black conservative and Biden is hostile to them openly telling them that they aren't black.

6, 5 months is a long time in politics.

7, wedge issues like abortion and guns will rile up the liberal base.

8, 2000 mules.

9, Early voting.

10, Republicans have a poor message.

11, Trump has his supporters, but he has millions who despise him and his connection to the party still hurts.

People are going to vote against the skyrocketing inflation and gas prices.

Old 06-08-2022, 12:41 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I agree there is no promise of a red wave come November. Especially since Democrats will try to rig as many elections as possible. They will also wait until Sep/Oct to pull a few tricks out of their sleeves. Bribe voters with more free giveaways. Stimulus checks for rising inflation and gas prices, student loan forgiveness, and of course deflecting more blame towards the right and foreign influences.
Historically speaking we have to spot them 2%-3% of the vote for cheating. We need to make this a slam dunk to get over that hurdle.

Old 06-08-2022, 01:16 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
The 2022 election is the most important election in American history.

It will go a long way to proving that the claims democrats cheated in the last election was true or false.

If Republicans win, that will lead me to believe that there was no serious cheating. If Republicans dont get control of both houses, then that is a good indication that democracy is over.

Old 06-08-2022, 01:28 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

If Republicans win, that will lead me to believe that there was no serious cheating. If Republicans dont get control of both houses, then that is a good indication that democracy is over.
I see what you did there, lol. Huh uh.

Old 06-08-2022, 01:45 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
After banning abortion, Republicans want to interfere in your bedroom by banning birth control, including even condoms. Republicans are only running on a prayer. Democrats are blamed for everything that is bad, especially inflation. Why bother voting in November? If I vote, I think I'll only vote for 3rd party candidates to protest how bad the Republicans and Democrats are.

Old 06-08-2022, 01:49 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleprompter View Post
There is no guarantee of a red wave.

1, As awful as Biden is, he still has around 41% support due to party loyalty. Party loyalty will bring in many Democrats.

2, Republicans are fractured and have many weak candidates.

3, Even Herschel Walker is in a close race and he is popular in Georgia.

4, Many individual races are neck and neck.

5, Look at Michigan, Democrats blocked Michigan's best Republican Candidate from getting on the ballot, probably because he is a black conservative and Biden is hostile to them openly telling them that they aren't black.

6, 5 months is a long time in politics.

7, wedge issues like abortion and guns will rile up the liberal base.

8, 2000 mules.

9, Early voting.

10, Republicans have a poor message.

11, Trump has his supporters, but he has millions who despise him and his connection to the party still hurts.
I hate to say it, but the biggest threat to a Red Wave is Donald Trump. The Republic party needs to quietly distance themselves from Trump. If they did, there will be a Red Tsunami.

Old 06-08-2022, 01:51 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I hate to say it, but the biggest threat to a Red Wave is Donald Trump. The Republic party needs to quietly distance themselves from Trump. If they did, there will be a Red Tsunami.
You might be right about that. And if a moderate sensible Republican candidate came along, I might even join in, especially in 2024.

Old 06-08-2022, 01:54 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
After banning abortion, Republicans want to interfere in your bedroom by banning birth control, including even condoms. Republicans are only running on a prayer. Democrats are blamed for everything that is bad, especially inflation. Why bother voting in November? If I vote, I think I'll only vote for 3rd party candidates to protest how bad the Republicans and Democrats are.
You know, it's possible to make your point without fabricating stuff out of thin air. The public is on to this tactic and it's not going to work any longer. Republicans aren't going to ban abortions. The only people who think that are those that point to the whole Roe v Wade issue, which, of course, isn't about abortion. Nor is banning birth control part of the Republican platform. You need some new material. Your constant attempts to create drama by propagating fake news is becoming quite tiresome.

I'll agree with you on one thing though: voting for a 3rd party candidate is the "right" thing to do, although not terribly practical.

Old 06-08-2022, 01:57 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
GOP won back seats lost in a flip in a closer year, is not unheard of.

FWIW, the GOP won seats in the House in 1996 despite losing the Presidency, the Democrats won seats in 2000 despite losing the Presidency. The GOP won seats in 1992 despite winning the Presidency.
In '96, Clinton was a relative shoo-in for re-election, but the R's had done well enough from '94 to then to increase their margin in Congress.

Your last statement is just wrong, since the GOP didn't win POTUS in '92, Clinton did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections