Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 08:51 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times

Advertisements

I live in liberal California and everyone is talking about inflation, housing shortage, high gas price, supply shortage, raising rent, and crime. You know, things that actually matter to every day American?

Old 07-26-2022, 09:05 AM

10,534 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
In normal times, an inept, weak President like Biden would lead to massive midterm gains. But with the election deniers, Jan 6 defenders, and never mind abortion, votes against contraception, the GOP risks seriously underperforming the circumstances.

The Maryland Governor's race is the 1st casualty, but won't be the last. Somewhere, somehow GOP strategists need to cool the crazy that could derail what should be a huge midterm win for them.

The GOP have literally become the party of crazy.

QAnon conspiracy theories still running rife.
Right wing Supreme court taking away women's rights.
People like the utterly vile Matt Gaetz, Marjorie Taylor Greene and Ted Cruz front and center.

Here's a big tip for you all in 2024 and I'm being serious here:

If you want any hope for 2024, persuade Liz Cheney or Adam Kinzinger to run for President.

They are the only two with any moral backbone left in the whole Republican party. I'd vote for either of them in a heartbeat and I'm betting so would a lot of other Democrats.
We need a return to strong moral standards in this country.
Think about it.

Old 07-26-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post

People like the utterly vile Matt Gaetz, Marjorie Taylor Greene and Ted Cruz front and center.

If you want any hope for 2024, persuade Liz Cheney or Adam Kinzinger to run for President.

They are the only two with any moral backbone left in the whole Republican party. I'd vote for either of them in a heartbeat and I'm betting so would a lot of other Democrats.
Think about it.
So you are saying if we don’t vote for Liz or Adam, then there’s no hope for GOP in 2024? Really?

How is Biden’s job approval rating?

Old 07-26-2022, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
So you are saying if we don’t vote for Liz or Adam, then there’s no hope for GOP in 2024? Really?

How is Biden’s job approval rating?

I'm giving you a piece of advice.

People think DeSantis is going to be the GOP saviour. He's not going to get any Democrat votes. None. The LGBTQ community are not going back in the closet, not matter how much DeSantis and the Supreme Court wish it to be so.

Cheney and Kinzinger: these are your people, because they are the only ones that are prepared to face the truth of what happened on Jan 6th. That's requires a heck of a lot of guts and high moral standards.

Like I said, think about it.

Old 07-26-2022, 09:31 AM

Quote:
I'm giving you a piece of advice.

People think DeSantis is going to be the GOP saviour. He's not going to get any Democrat votes. None. The LGBTQ community are not going back in the closet, not matter how much DeSantis and the Supreme Court wish it to be so.

Cheney and Kinzinger: these are your people, because they are the only ones that are prepared to face the truth of what happened on Jan 6th. That's requires a heck of a lot of guts and high moral standards.

Like I said, think about it.
Democrats are going to vote democrats regardless.
Republicans are going to vote Rep regardless.

It’s the swing, middle of the road voters are going to decide who’s the next President

You ain’t fooling anybody. Biden right now has worst job approval than Trump

Old 07-26-2022, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Democrats are going to vote democrats regardless.
Republicans are going to vote Rep regardless.

It’s the swing, middle of the road voters are going to decide who’s the next President

You ain’t fooling anybody. Biden right now has worst job approval than Trump

Don't think about it then. I just told you, I'm the most left wing liberal there is and I'd vote for either of them.

Old 07-26-2022, 09:38 AM

3,162 posts, read 2,214,232 times
Quote:

Think about it.
Probably more than 90% of Republican primary voters would choose Marjorie Taylor Greene over Liz Cheney for President, assuming the Big Orange Man isn't running of course. MTG is the mainstream of the Republican party today, and she's likely to remain in Congress as long as she wants to be there. I don't see how Cheney will ever get elected again - she's out of sync with her party and state, and way too conservative on policy issues for Democrats, regardless of how much they appreciate her work on the January 6th commission.

And no, Republicans couldn't blow the 2022 midterms if they tried, given Biden's weak approvals. The question is if they can get the largest House majority in nearly 100 years. Before long, Trump may no longer be the only president whom the House has impeached twice.

Old 07-26-2022, 09:40 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times
Quote:
Don't think about it then. I just told you, I'm the most left wing liberal there is and I'd vote for either of them.
I don't believe you, and I'll vote for who I want to, thanks.

Old 07-26-2022, 09:41 AM

6,035 posts, read 2,849,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Three states — Kentucky, Louisiana, and South Dakota — had statutes already on the books that allowed for complete or near-complete bans on abortion to take effect immediately following the Supreme Court’s overturning of Roe v. Wade. None of these states make an exception for abortion in cases of rape or incest. Six other states with trigger laws have also had their complete or near-complete bans on abortion swiftly implemented. There are a total of 13 states with trigger laws, though their scopes vary and so do their implementation.
No state has a complete ban on abortion. Some states have strict limits, but not complete bans.

Do not play word games, for you will continue to spread misinformation...

Old 07-26-2022, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I don't believe you, and I'll vote for who I want to, thanks.

I never said you couldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections