Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 01:28 PM

445 posts, read 220,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
You want to put your money where your mouth is? You know your posts are going to age so well. You have to be in a bubble to think 1/6 or Roe will be the most important issue in the mid-terms. People are struggling out there with the economy. Mothers paying up to $50 for formulas if they can get them to just feed their babies and it takes over $100 to fill a car to just go to work when food and everything went up but you want to sell us that the S.C. will be on the ballot not Biden and the Democrats in power?
Not to mention all these struggles going on whilst US taxpayer dollars, to the tune of 56B, flow freely to Ukraine. And flowing to Pharma. Completely tone deaf. Also tone deaf to suggest that anyone would base their vote on any of these social issues mentioned in this thread over the decimation that's occurred economically to the average person.

Old 07-26-2022, 01:34 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
I have no doubt the GOP is capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

That said, I believe they will take the House.

Old 07-26-2022, 01:36 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I have no doubt the GOP is capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

According to Charlie Cook the best chance the Dems have is if Trump announces he's running before the election....that will hand it to the DNC. It makes me wonder if Dem operatives are playing with Trump voodoo dolls announcing he is running in 2024.

Old 07-26-2022, 01:41 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
According to Charlie Cook the best chance the Dems have is if Trump announces he's running before the election....that will hand it to the DNC. It makes me wonder if Dem operatives are playing with Trump voodoo dolls announcing he is running in 2024.
I agree Trump is the Democrat's best chance for victory.

I don't know why this is so hard for Republicans to understand.

Old 07-26-2022, 03:00 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post

I would agree that the GOP is very likely to take the House. The Senate on the other hand is 50/50

Old 07-26-2022, 07:33 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
That makes sense. Trump is not on the ballot but the economy is. So you are saying Democrats and independents will forget about the economy and how messed up life is if Trump declares for 2024?

One more time, Congress is gone. Democrats to keep power have to win ALL saves races, ALL toss up races and still they will be short. They also have to win save red races. Under this economy and how bad Biden is performing that's impossible even if Trump declares before or after.

And by the way, Trump won't. No serious candidate will declare before then mid-terms. That's just media talking for ratings and Democrat wishful thinking if they can jump start their campaign and for funds.

Old 07-26-2022, 08:10 PM

2,388 posts, read 2,342,623 times
After the past year and a half, if the GOP can't take the House, flip numerous state seats and at least keep the Senate 50-50, something is seriously wrong. And no, you can't blame muh fraud.

Old 07-26-2022, 08:36 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,552,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
...78.7% attendees said they would vote for Trump.
Uh huh, attendees. Not exactly a representative sample of anyone not already a trumpie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Yes, Democrats believe men can have babies, that we should have open borders, that we should defund the police and not criminalize theft unless it's more than $1000, and that high gas prices are "good."

But the republicans are the crazy ones. Gotcha.
Hmmm. I don't know where you are getting your news, but you need to find a real news outlet. Even the republican party is not going for him. They view him as poison to their chances of election, or re-election.

You know, reading posts like these make me re-think taking a second look at the Reps.
https://rvat.org/

Old 07-26-2022, 08:46 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,435,284 times
Don't forget all the election laws that were changed because of Covid that made it so easy for Democrats to rig the election are still in place and you can bet your bottum dollar that Democrats will use them to to the maximum.

Old 07-26-2022, 09:30 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
With all of the ridiculous things Biden & the Dems have done to destroy this country I don't see how any sane person would want any of them in office.

Every single day people are paying exorbitant prices for everything. Inflation is out of control. Criminals have taken over with free reign to do whatever they want without consequence. Two million illegals have invaded the country bringing with them fentanyl & death.

All of these things are far more important to the voters than abortion and are the reasons the Democrats will get booted out. They can continue on with their Jan 6th clown show, but nobody cares. People see it for what it is -- a diversion from the disaster the Democrats have created.
No, trumpers don't care.

Lots of other people care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections