Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2022, 11:39 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,967,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I don`t support crazy people having the ability to slaughter a room full of 4th graders or people shopping for groceries. I`m a what?
Who supports that? What kind of strange analogy is this?

Old 08-07-2022, 01:12 PM

13,460 posts, read 4,297,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I don`t support crazy people having the ability to slaughter a room full of 4th graders or people shopping for groceries. I`m a what?

I don't support bad drivers either on the road but I'm not wanting to ban all cars, your point?

Old 08-07-2022, 03:44 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I live in liberal California and everyone is talking about inflation, housing shortage, high gas price, supply shortage, raising rent, and crime. You know, things that actually matter to every day American?
I live in deeply conservative Oklahoma, and I never hear Republican candidates talk about any ideas about what to do with the above problems. Instead, they seek to make it clear they stand with Trump and believe his loss was due to fraud. They want to ban all or nearly all abortions. At least one has advertised that he is 100% pro-life with no exceptions. They don't care standing for that may discourage good paying jobs to come to Oklahoma. It is interesting that Oklahoma lost a massive new battery plant to Kansas that will employ up to 4000 people.

They are still against legalizing marijuana. They want to replace public schools with private schools, preferably religious ones. The only thing they want to do about crime is fortify all schools to discourage mass shooters.

Old 08-07-2022, 03:57 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Nobody is banning contraception. Folks need to calm down and think about what the media always does. Besides, I'm positive the biden administration has more torture in store for us all. His whole wing will take the fall.
Huh? I got my info that for next year that Oklahoma Republicans were planning on banning birth control or contraception from a lobbyist at the state capitol, not from the media. However, they may allow married woman to legally obtain birth control.

Old 08-07-2022, 08:00 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
In normal times, an inept, weak President like Biden would lead to massive midterm gains. But with the election deniers, Jan 6 defenders, and never mind abortion, votes against contraception, the GOP risks seriously underperforming the circumstances.

The Maryland Governor's race is the 1st casualty, but won't be the last. Somewhere, somehow GOP strategists need to cool the crazy that could derail what should be a huge midterm win for them.
Contraception?

Old 08-07-2022, 08:51 PM

2,981 posts, read 1,566,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Indeed, normally Biden and his Democrats should be punished and punished severely.

But today we learn that the Senate Republicans are on the side of the Big Pharma and tried to stop an attempt to put cost control on the price of insulin. I don't have diabeties but I do have asthma and I have seen the cost of asthma medicines skyrocket by pure greedy companies (until Trump got some generics approved) so I can understand how diabetics feel.

It is blind stupidity like this that costs Republicans elections.

They did succeed this attempt to limit the cost of insulin to $35 a month.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-gop-votes-no/

Quote:
Senate Democrats fell short of an effort Sunday to overrule a decision by the parliamentarian that effectively struck down a proposal sponsored by Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-Ga.) to cap out-of-pocket insulin costs at $35 a month for people not covered by Medicare.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), the ranking member of the Budget Committee, sought to enforce the parliamentarian’s ruling that Warnock’s cap on insulin prices violated the Byrd Rule because it would set prices in the commercial market and therefore couldn’t pass with a simple majority vote.
Quote:
All 43 “no” votes came from Republicans.
This should be an ad that writes itself for Democrats running against "no vote" Republicans in the Senate who are okay with the price gouging of their constituents.

Old 08-07-2022, 09:16 PM

834 posts, read 467,236 times
As far as I'm concerned TheseGoTo11 pretty well summed up today's Republican party in his OP. It's ridiculous both parties have come to such extreme positions. It really leaves many to hold their noses at the ballot box. Then your representative many times doesn't represent his/her whole district, just his/her "party". And the press encourages this insanity. Is this the best we can do? Apparently so.

Old 08-07-2022, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amil23 View Post
As far as I'm concerned TheseGoTo11 pretty well summed up today's Republican party in his OP. It's ridiculous both parties have come to such extreme positions. It really leaves many to hold their noses at the ballot box. Then your representative many times doesn't represent his/her whole district, just his/her "party". And the press encourages this insanity. Is this the best we can do? Apparently so.

I don't. He repeats the Democratic talking points. If he thinks that the only thing wrong with the Democrats is Biden and the recession which this same administration lies everyday about it and changes the definition treating us like stupid kids then you are really clueless.

In the last 40 years, tell when has Democrats said nice things about conservatism? If you want conformity so Democrats respect the opposing view then might as well have 1 party.

You actually think that if Republicans do what Democrats want, they will vote Republican. They will always find something to attack and demonize the opposition.

Old 08-08-2022, 01:02 AM

6,750 posts, read 6,736,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I don't. He repeats the Democratic talking points

You mean the ones about Biden being inept?

Old 08-08-2022, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
You mean the ones about Biden being inept?

"The election deniers, Jan 6 defenders, and never mind abortion, votes against contraception, the GOP risks seriously underperforming the circumstances. The Maryland Governor's race is the 1st casualty,"

That's 5 things versus 1 for Biden. Democrats have bigger problem than just Biden being inept. You can replace him with Kamala, Warren or Pete and their issues would be the same or worse.

By the way, Maryland is a blue state. Only rinos can win there. 2 Dem U.S. Senators, 7 to 1 Dem edge U.S. representatives, 32 to 15 Dem edge at the State Senate, 99 to 42 edge Democrat House of Delegates and your are "shock" that Dems will take the governor's seat back? ok
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections