Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2022, 07:02 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Biden didn`t draw tens of thousands of Deplorables to any rallies either. For some people, that`s proof that he stole an election.
Biden won because he was far less hated than Trump was and voters realized that we couldn't stay at home and had to vote Trump out, especially for the mishandling of the pandemic. Trump supporters keep their heads in the sand that Trump (not Biden) actually put us in a good number of the problems that we are in that Republicans are trying to blame Biden on. Remember, Afghanistan was on the Trump timetable (I don't see it going any better under Trump.) Inflation (if you blame it on pandemic relief,) three-quarters of it is on Trump for signing at least three pandemic relief packages. Trump similar to Biden did not use the Defense Production Act powers to firm up the supply chain enough. We honestly would be in the same mess under Trump as we do under Biden. The main we reason Biden faces the blame is he is the current president, not Trump.

As for rally sizes, who really cares? The rallies are filled with the most ardent and vocal supporters of a candidate. We need to worry less about hats, shirts, yard signs and bumper stickers and worry more about the quiet people. The quiet people are the ones who actually make the difference when you go to the ballot box. If they vote, more often than not, the Republican Party loses the popular vote and often times the electoral college. If they don't vote, Republicans often will win.

Old 08-09-2022, 07:09 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,330,074 times
If Donald Trump runs in 2024, he will lose! Yes, the Trumpublican party will blow this election.

Old 08-09-2022, 08:46 AM

30,640 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Biden won because he was far less hated than Trump was and voters realized that we couldn't stay at home and had to vote Trump out, especially for the mishandling of the pandemic. Trump supporters keep their heads in the sand that Trump (not Biden) actually put us in a good number of the problems that we are in that Republicans are trying to blame Biden on. Remember, Afghanistan was on the Trump timetable (I don't see it going any better under Trump.) Inflation (if you blame it on pandemic relief,) three-quarters of it is on Trump for signing at least three pandemic relief packages. Trump similar to Biden did not use the Defense Production Act powers to firm up the supply chain enough. We honestly would be in the same mess under Trump as we do under Biden. The main we reason Biden faces the blame is he is the current president, not Trump.

As for rally sizes, who really cares? The rallies are filled with the most ardent and vocal supporters of a candidate. We need to worry less about hats, shirts, yard signs and bumper stickers and worry more about the quiet people. The quiet people are the ones who actually make the difference when you go to the ballot box. If they vote, more often than not, the Republican Party loses the popular vote and often times the electoral college. If they don't vote, Republicans often will win.
The pandemic was not mishandled and Biden would have been far worse (hint: he called cutting off travel from China "xenophobic" and actively encouraged mass spreader BLM protests ). I tell people to name me one that that the federal government could have done different over the pandemic (acknowledging that most state police powers are held by the states vice federal government). But it was funny how the same media that liked to call out the number of infections and deaths prominently leading up to the 2020 election suddenly stopped that once Biden was elected

Old 08-09-2022, 01:24 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The pandemic was not mishandled and Biden would have been far worse (hint: he called cutting off travel from China "xenophobic" and actively encouraged mass spreader BLM protests ). I tell people to name me one that that the federal government could have done different over the pandemic (acknowledging that most state police powers are held by the states vice federal government). But it was funny how the same media that liked to call out the number of infections and deaths prominently leading up to the 2020 election suddenly stopped that once Biden was elected
I think had Trump honestly won the numbers would go away too to be honest. He didn't in our planet and we can't travel dimensions to the multiverse where Trump won to know if I am right in my beliefs or if they are wrong.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:48 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think had Trump honestly won the numbers would go away too to be honest. He didn't in our planet and we can't travel dimensions to the multiverse where Trump won to know if I am right in my beliefs or if they are wrong.

^^^^^ from the people that voted for party that lies about the recession and changes the definition, that lied over a year about a drug. Supports a crook that has lied since 1973 lecturing us about honesty. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 08-09-2022, 04:10 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Whatever slim chance the GOP had of blowing the midterms just evaporated today. Thanks Dems!
That could be true, no doubt...but we don't even know what's in the warrant or what type of evidence will result. I wouldn't make any conclusions just yet. The poll that counts will be in November.

Old 08-09-2022, 04:20 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
^^^^^ from the people that voted for party that lies about the recession and changes the definition, that lied over a year about a drug. Supports a crook that has lied since 1973 lecturing us about honesty. Thanks for the laugh.
The Big Lie. It's the lie to beat.

I'm laughing too.

Old 08-09-2022, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
That could be true, no doubt...but we don't even know what's in the warrant or what type of evidence will result. I wouldn't make any conclusions just yet. The poll that counts will be in November.

The raid to be justified, the warrant and the explanation must clearly reveal:

(a) that there was an urgent need to obtain evidence that pertained to a serious crime,

(b) that this evidence could not possibly have been obtained by other means, or on another occasion, or without a surprise visit, and

(c) that, if the target was not named Donald Trump, a similar operation would have been launched

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said Tuesday that President Biden was not made aware that the FBI planned. The DOJ didn't made their boss aware of a potential politically fueled violence in the wake of the raid. Somebody is lying, this demands a SPECIAL PROSECUTOR. You don't think Garland talked to his boss and the consequences in an election year something this big? Somebody is lying.

This was a very dumb move by the Democrats because whatever progress they made for the 1/6 hearings to prevent Trump from winning the GOP nomination and run in 2024, went out the window. Evan DeSantis (his only true rival for the nomination) took his defense, even Pence. Democrats just shot themselves in the foot.

Old 08-09-2022, 05:15 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
The raid to be justified, the warrant and the explanation must clearly reveal:

(a) that there was an urgent need to obtain evidence that pertained to a serious crime,

(b) that this evidence could not possibly have been obtained by other means, or on another occasion, or without a surprise visit, and

(c) that, if the target was not named Donald Trump, a similar operation would have been launched

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said Tuesday that President Biden was not made aware that the FBI planned. The DOJ didn't made their boss aware of a potential politically fueled violence in the wake of the raid. Somebody is lying, this demands a SPECIAL PROSECUTOR. You don't think Garland talked to his boss and the consequences in an election year something this big? Somebody is lying.

This was a very dumb move by the Democrats because whatever progress they made for the 1/6 hearings to prevent Trump from winning the GOP nomination and run in 2024, went out the window. Evan DeSantis (his only true rival for the nomination) took his defense, even Pence. Democrats just shot themselves in the foot.
Yea....The DOJ acts independently of the The White House. Research it. Summons the ghost of Richard Nixon and ask him about it. So you are simply making an accusation without any evidence other than it's what you think.

The process to get this search warrant is intense. This is usually at the end of a long investigation. The FBI agents feel they have enough evidence for a search warrant and need a search warrant, the prosecutors are going to ask the FBI agents swear out an affidavit under oath including details about how they know what they know, who they know what they know, the witnesses involved...i.e. a confidential informant, how reliable these witnesses have been in the past...everything you can think of....the prosecutors then take that affidavit to a Federal Judge who decides if this meets probable cause that a crime was committed...now before they get to that Federal Judge the prosecutors are going to the Asst AG for National Security division, which is a Senate confirmed position and they will go here and say this is what we got and here is the next step we need to take, the Asst AG will then contact the PADAG Principle Associate Deputy AG who will outline a timeline or schedule of what needs to be done....if it is a juicy meatball of a case the Deputy AG will brief the AG, they can also incude the Solicitor General to determine if this can be taken to the supreme court....the AG will then say...What does Chris Wray feel about this...and by this time he will have been briefed on this by his people and say I think they've got it...the AG will look across the room and then give the sign off.

I'm probably leaving things out but this process includes many high level participants to pass muster. So I wouldn't make any conclusions the Dems shot themselves in the foot because nobody knows what these agents brought.

Old 08-09-2022, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Yea....The DOJ acts independently of the The White House.

LMAO! Thanks for the laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections