Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2022, 09:44 AM

6,750 posts, read 6,736,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
"The election deniers, Jan 6 defenders, and never mind abortion, votes against contraception, the GOP risks seriously underperforming the circumstances. The Maryland Governor's race is the 1st casualty,"

That's 5 things versus 1 for Biden. Democrats have bigger problem than just Biden being inept. You can replace him with Kamala, Warren or Pete and their issues would be the same or worse.

With the way PA is going, the Dems could actually gain a seat in the Senate. That is ridiculous considering how awful they've been. Biden's approval is in the 20s with Independents and I agree no one on the Dem bench is any better. But when the alternative is tin foil hats blindly regurgitating Putin-Trump garbage about stolen elections, voting against contraception, and defending people who stormed the Capitol, the GOP is practically writing Dem commercials about out-of-touch extremists.

I know it's easier to debate when you can oversimplify the world and just categorize people into left or right, but the GOP is blowing this election with Independents who don't sheepishly follow taking points of either party, and Independents are growing in number faster than Dems or Republicans.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:48 AM

6,750 posts, read 6,736,185 times
Quote:
Take U.S. history and then comeback here and tell us Trump is the only administration including Congress that was corrupt.

Nowhere as corrupt as Russia, where all business is corrupt and where per capita GDP is 1/10th of the US's. Pathetic excuse of a country.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:05 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
With the way PA is going, the Dems could actually gain a seat in the Senate. That is ridiculous considering how awful they've been. Biden's approval is in the 20s with Independents and I agree no one on the Dem bench is any better. But when the alternative is tin foil hats blindly regurgitating Putin-Trump garbage about stolen elections, voting against contraception, and defending people who stormed the Capitol, the GOP is practically writing Dem commercials about out-of-touch extremists.

I know it's easier to debate when you can oversimplify the world and just categorize people into left or right, but the GOP is blowing this election with Independents who don't sheepishly follow taking points of either party, and Independents are growing in number faster than Dems or Republicans.
Comeback after the midterms. All I read is your wishful thinking.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:33 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I saw a bit somewhere last night saying that while conventional wisdom holds that the POTUS' party always loses seats in the midterms, they said, "Right now, we're completely off script, and nobody really knows how this is going to play out."
I liken it to hurricane force winds coming in from three directions and the wind gauge spinning in circles. There are unprecedented variables for this midterm that can greatly impact who turns out to vote. The two most recent years where the Party in power gained seats in the midterms was 1998 (Monica Lewinsky/impeachment) and 2002 (9/11 shock). I don't see a variable as big as 9/11 in this cycle but does overturning Roe Dobbs compete with a Monica Lewinsky/Impeachment backlash...yea that kinda does. As I always say...there is one poll that counts and that is in Nov.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
I liken it to hurricane force winds coming in from three directions and the wind gauge spinning in circles. There are unprecedented variables for this midterm that can greatly impact who turns out to vote. The two most recent years where the Party in power gained seats in the midterms was 1998 (Monica Lewinsky/impeachment) and 2002 (9/11 shock). I don't see a variable as big as 9/11 in this cycle but does overturning Roe Dobbs compete with a Monica Lewinsky/Impeachment backlash...yea that kinda does. As I always say...there is one poll that counts and that is in Nov.

We didn't have a recession in 1998. The economy was roaring and people didn't want to be bother about Clinton's crimes. Just like the Iran Contra affair in 1987. The economy was doing very good and the people didn't want impeachment to mess with the flow.

Not the same scenario today. People always vote with their pockets and the party in power are lying that We aren't in a recession to a point to change the definition in public and you say that isn't the #1 issue?

This reminds me of 2006, when W Bush was unpopular and the economy going down (not as bad today) Democrats won big in the midterms. This is the same.

Old 08-10-2022, 01:30 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
True and the Dodd decision isn't popular. Kansas voted down a very misleading constitutional amendment proposition. That should tell you something. Indiana is in deep trouble with the Heartbeat bill that just passed.

Old 08-10-2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
True and the Dodd decision isn't popular. Kansas voted down a very misleading constitutional amendment proposition. That should tell you something. Indiana is in deep trouble with the Heartbeat bill that just passed.

No, the Democrats are in big deep trouble for the recession. Recession is the #1 issue.

Old 08-10-2022, 05:47 PM

Quote:
No, the Democrats are in big deep trouble for the recession. Recession is the #1 issue.
It is a major issue but abortion is proving to be another. Especially the far right views on it. Blake Masters is toast based on his views.

Old 08-10-2022, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It is a major issue but abortion is proving to be another. Especially the far right views on it. Blake Masters is toast based on his views.

I don't think so. What's state is an issue apart from a few red states that will stay red? The biggest issues for the majority of people don't seem to be the adversarial culture war stuff, but the nuts-and-bolts stuff.

Old 08-10-2022, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I don't think so. What's state is an issue apart from a few red states that will stay red? The biggest issues for the majority of people don't seem to be the adversarial culture war stuff, but the nuts-and-bolts stuff.
You mean like all the CRT that Republicans insist are taught in school but will not say what they do? You mean like the LBGTIQA+ stuff that really isn't being pressed? Gimme a break and stop claiming the left is behind the culture war, it is the right that is blame it on the left...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections