Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2022, 07:08 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
^^^^^ from the people that voted for party that lies about the recession and changes the definition, that lied over a year about a drug. Supports a crook that has lied since 1973 lecturing us about honesty. Thanks for the laugh.
So you are fine with how corrupt Trump was in office?

Old 08-09-2022, 07:27 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,056,551 times
Quote:
LMAO! Thanks for the laugh.

I know, right? Isn't it preposterous that people sworn to abide by the law could act without consent of their supreme leader? This is a travesty of justice.

Old 08-09-2022, 08:39 PM

956 posts, read 510,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
That's wishful thinking....Abortion IS an issue in the midterms.
Is the supreme court ruling actually made abortion illegal, then yes it would be a big issue., All the ruling did was turn the rights to the states to allow of which more than 40 it is legal. It is an issue but more a minor one in this case unless a bunch of states try and write their own laws to ban it.

Old 08-09-2022, 08:45 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine607 View Post
Is the supreme court ruling actually made abortion illegal, then yes it would be a big issue., All the ruling did was turn the rights to the states to allow of which more than 40 it is legal. It is an issue but more a minor one in this case unless a bunch of states try and write their own laws to ban it.
Well, so far a bunch of states have indeed passed laws placing severe restrictions on it, or banning it.

Old 08-09-2022, 10:06 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
So you are fine with how corrupt Trump was in office?

Corruption in government? Maybe you arrived here on a boat or just play dumb. Take U.S. history and then comeback here and tell us Trump is the only administration including Congress that was corrupt.

Tell me your rules and then apply them to your party before you apply them to others.

Old 08-09-2022, 10:29 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Corruption in government? Maybe you arrived here on a boat or just play dumb. Take U.S. history and then comeback here and tell us Trump is the only administration including Congress that was corrupt.

Tell me your rules and then apply them to your party before you apply them to others.
You're the pot calling the kettle black on this. All I ever hear from you is Democrats are corrupt, oh but Trump was the best president we've ever had. Wake up sheeple! Traitor Trump lied to you and played you for a fool.

Old 08-09-2022, 10:45 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It isn't about serving. Each person you mentioned, plus Trump. plus Bush, and yourself need to defend the Constitution and quit supporting the war mongers who violate it.

I'd never support anyone who throws our sons and daughters under the bus in undeclared, un Constitutional wars.
I don't agree with you much, but I like this post.

Congress has practically given away it's own power to declare war. They need to take it back ... right now if not sooner. Congressional prerogatives have been eroding for decades.

No more "Authorization for Use of Military Force" type of power giveaways.

Old 08-10-2022, 05:58 AM

4,032 posts, read 2,717,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
That could be true, no doubt...but we don't even know what's in the warrant or what type of evidence will result. I wouldn't make any conclusions just yet. The poll that counts will be in November.

I saw a bit somewhere last night saying that while conventional wisdom holds that the POTUS' party always loses seats in the midterms, they said, "Right now, we're completely off script, and nobody really knows how this is going to play out."

Old 08-10-2022, 08:37 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You're the pot calling the kettle black on this. All I ever hear from you is Democrats are corrupt, oh but Trump was the best president we've ever had. Wake up sheeple! Traitor Trump lied to you and played you for a fool.
Have to say that sometimes I feel sorry for them. Their sincerity when delivering the most illogical indefensible nonsense makes you cringe.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:54 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,936,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I don't agree with you much, but I like this post.

Congress has practically given away it's own power to declare war. They need to take it back ... right now if not sooner. Congressional prerogatives have been eroding for decades.

No more "Authorization for Use of Military Force" type of power giveaways.
Amen! Not just war-making, but spending, treaty negotiation, immigration - a few of the areas where Congress has abdicated its responsibility and now we are ruled by Executive Orders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections