Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2022, 06:38 AM

253 posts, read 191,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Florida like Arizona would collapse if it secedes from the Union.
With a GDP of 1.1 Trillion, that makes Florida the 16th largest economy in the world, placing it above notable places like Saudi Arabia, Switzerland and Sweden.

Florida would be fine.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:39 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
I want pictures, because now I'm hard pressed to believe these people exist.

Did Democrats go and pass around a ballots in a 'special' school?
You can't believe it, because you shout us down.

You don't see that half the country believes differently from you, because your bunch gangs up and silences us.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:43 AM

13,278 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
I want to see pictures of those who voted for a drooling neanderthal. It's hard for me to believe this is a real result.

Pennsylvanians, raise your hand if you voted for the Tard.
OZ was a poor choice that was the problem would have done better if he ran as a moderate democrat in NJ, or NY.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:48 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

You don't see that half the country believes differently from you, because your bunch gangs up and silences us.
We should bring back IQ tests for voting. Nix the age requirement. You need an IQ of 100 or more to vote. Makes more sense than an age requirement.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:50 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
It's the same people who voted for Biden.

They looked at the opponent, and said I don't care that I'm voting for a dust mote. I won't tolerate that other guy.
And we’ve seen the results of that. These folks continue to reap what they sow and the debacles will continue.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:53 AM

1,839 posts, read 677,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Many of the Republicans losing were Trump picks. I think Vance is the only Trumper who actually won last night at this point.
Vance might have also been buoyed by Mitch McConnell's PAC sending him money and a governor race on top, where the incumbent was popular, that propped him. He wasn't as bad of a candidate though (although I wonder if he links to Russia). But, Ohio is just more Red, so he had a lot of advantages working for him.

While the Democrats might be happy of Fetterman's win,the Democrats are really in worse shape.

a. The Republican Party could pivot to it being the party where DeSantis is the most popular person and lead candidate, not Trump, given DeSantis's big win in FL.

b. The Democrats doing better than expected in the Senate, with PA to help, actually gives the Biden the false notion that his administration is not doing so poorly, and Biden/Harris will seek re-election, even if there is corruption at least with Hunter Biden. There is a stubbornness with Biden, like many old timers in Congress for decades, like Pelosi, Feinstein, Schumer. They will hold their seats or position and essentially block new leaders to emerge, while virtue signaling how elections are important and democracy is on the line.

If they are not old but involved in corruption, they still hold the seat. Bob Menendez, the less popular Democrat Senator of NJ, while under federal investigation will likely seek re-election in NJ.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:55 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Quote:
Florida independence!
Sweet Jesus on a pogo stick, think of the implications, dear sir!

If Florida secedes, then Ron DeSantis can't be elected POTUS!

Old 11-09-2022, 06:56 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Mitch tried to tell you guys but you followed the orange god instead. When will you learn.
Mitch was probably behind Fetterman winning.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:56 AM

1,839 posts, read 677,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
OZ was a poor choice that was the problem would have done better if he ran as a moderate democrat in NJ, or NY.
He could have just waited two years and ran in NJ. He wouldn't need to ask Trump for endorsement, and he could even be pro-choice or not give awkward answers that local politicians need to be involved for abortions.

While NJ is a blue state, if DeSantis is on top of the Presidential ticket in 2024, Oz would have a chance with high turnout for DeSantis. And if Bob Menendez runs again even with his second scandal, it would help Oz that his competitor was unliked.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:58 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times
Quote:

Who is "us" and please, don't even say democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections