Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:31 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,861,363 times

Advertisements

this is the most asinine thing I have ever read. I don't attack, you attack. the only tactic I have is making others look foolish. I am aware of the mason dixon line. I know I live south of it. washington is also below it. so you might say that the south controls you. get used to it. I live in a college/beach/retirement/hollywood type town. it's in the south, but you won't see people strumming the banjo. that was the point that went over your head. now I will smash your post apart little by little.

Quote:
Let me ask you a question. If the South, and Republicans, are so great, then why did your region and its way of thinking produce eight years of an Administration, which we are currently enduring, that has produced a collapse of the financial system, a quagmire of a screwed-up war in Iraq, an expansion of the health-care crisis, abuse of the Constitution, and educational system that is second-rate? Our wonderful Administration stood idly by while New Orleans was devastated by Hurricane Katrina. An entire major American city destroyed by a catastrophe, and the Republicans didn't have the slightest idea what to do about it, and they didn't give a damn about figuring it out.
I have never voted for a republican in my life. right off the bat you aren't making sense. I also never said that the south and republicans are so great. you are aware that new hampshire voted for bush aren't you? as well as a ton of states out west and in the midwest, so the south didn't produce jack crap. the collapse in the financial system was created by the federal reserve and their right to create money out of thin air. I don't know what expansion of health care crisis you are talking about. hurricane katrina? I blame the administration for that too, but the people of new orleans reelected ray nagen. you remember ray nagen right? the man who is 100% responsible for his city and what happens.

Quote:
I believe every American should be multilingual. Of course, America is an English-speaking country, but its monolingual/culturally isolationist bent is neither helping its image abroad nor helping improve its bottom line internationally. The majority of educated people abroad, especially in Europe and Africa, all speak more than one language proficiently. It is only provincial America that does not place such an emphasis on understanding the rest of the world. Language offerings in every secondary school should include at least one European language and one non-European language, and our children should be proficient in at least one of the available languages in order to graduate.
I took 3 years of a foreign language in HS and haven't used it in real life. now I don't remember anything about it. I think people should speak whatever language they want to speak. this is america, not the military dictatorship you obviously crave.

Quote:
And why would I care whether you live at the beach? Maybe a good hurricane will come by there and give you a great example of that Republican governing style you think is so effective.
again, see above. I don't vote for republicans. there are no republicans. if democrats are so effective, why aren't they on mount rushmore?

Old 10-22-2008, 09:37 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,678,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
this is the most asinine thing I have ever read. I don't attack, you attack. the only tactic I have is making others look foolish. I am aware of the mason dixon line. I know I live south of it. washington is also below it. so you might say that the south controls you. get used to it. I live in a college/beach/retirement/hollywood type town. it's in the south, but you won't see people strumming the banjo. that was the point that went over your head. now I will smash your post apart little by little.

I have never voted for a republican in my life. right off the bat you aren't making sense. I also never said that the south and republicans are so great. you are aware that new hampshire voted for bush aren't you? as well as a ton of states out west and in the midwest, so the south didn't produce jack crap. the collapse in the financial system was created by the federal reserve and their right to create money out of thin air. I don't know what expansion of health care crisis you are talking about. hurricane katrina? I blame the administration for that too, but the people of new orleans reelected ray nagen. you remember ray nagen right? the man who is 100% responsible for his city and what happens.
Son, you haven't smashed a single point I made. You are just ranting for the sake of ranting. But that's OK. If anything, your points never went over my head; they went below it. You never said Republicans were great......you just bashed Democrats. I was pointing out the only alternative, which happens to be the superior one right now.

The South didn't produce jack crap.......it just produced George W. Bush. As for the rest of your paranoid rant, you really need to get out of your Dungeon and Dragon world and find out what's really going on. There are 47 million Americans without health insurance. If that's not a crisis, I don't know what is.

No mayor is responsible for a crisis of as massive proportions as Katrina. That required a Federal response, and the Feds rendered a tragic situation FUBAR.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:41 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,203,422 times
Since people no longer wish to talk about the topic or are incapable of staying on topic, then there is no reason to keep this topic open.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:42 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,462,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well she was right. small town America is the real America.
You Betcha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections