Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 08:39 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,032,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Funny how some of the MSM is picking this story up now (ABC, WaPo, etc) - on the eve of SCOTUS rejecting the case W/O comment.
Political Punch
The justices of the U.S. Supreme Court will tomorrow discuss whether or not it should take up the case of Leo C. Donofrio, Applicant, v. Nina Mitchell Wells, New Jersey Secretary of State, a case that challenges the citizenship of President-elect Obama.

After the Justices meet -- and assuredly decline to hear the matter -- the anti-Obama activists supporting the case will hold a vigil near the steps of the highest Court in the land.

The theory -- which is without evidence -- is that Mr. Obama's birth certificate is faked, and that he was not born in Hawaii but rather Kenya, making him ineligible for the presidency. (Or, alternately, that the birth certificate proves only that Mr. Obama was born at some point, not that he was born in Hawaii.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 08:41 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,032,115 times
Political Punch
Among the other applicants: eccentric conservative commentator and erstwhile Obama Senate opponent Alan Keyes, Pennsylvania attorney Philip J. Berg (who also has interesting theories about how President Bush played a role in the 9/11 terrorist attacks), an anti-Semite -- and assorted other interesting characters

Old 12-04-2008, 08:53 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,639,721 times
PRESIDENT CHESTER ARTHUR et al - WHY THEY AREN’T PRECEDENT FOR OBAMA’S ELIGIBILITY « Natural Born Citizen (http://naturalborncitizen.wordpress.com/2008/12/04/president-chester-arthur-et-al-why-they-arent-precedent-for-oabamas-eligibility/ - broken link)

Quote:
Later tonight, probably much later… I’ll publish my research on all Presidents born to a parent or parents born abroad. I’ve conclusively established that, with the exception of Chester Arthur, every President - that wasn’t made eligible to POTUS under the Article 2, Section 1 grandfather clause - was born on United States soil to parents who were both United States citizens.

Later huh? How convenient. I knew he didn't know these four existed before this. And note that he's granted that one of them might not be! So much for the omniscient Attorney Donofrio. I look forward to his alleged proofs, in addition to his slurs against poor former President Arthur.

He's looking at one of the same websites on Arthur that I was looking at, which gives him Arthur's father's real last name.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
I think Colorado lost too may brain cells at the high altitude!

Old 12-04-2008, 10:03 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Oh please! I visit numerous sites and blogs for information. The most active is the Hannity board (Per Mod Ruling: The ONE, the ONLY Obama Birth Certificate Thread - Sean Hannity Discussion) and the one where if you have a problem understanding a specific area someone there will have the answer. For your information much of the information posted there is already posted elsewhere and shared on various sites as simply "information", which is shared throughout the world wide web.

I do suggest you read through the almost 14,000 posts about this topic, especially the posts after about 9,000. Lots of solid information. Sometimes it can be very fast-paced. You'll even find your fair share of huge Obama fans too... You'll like it (I think)!
Your deception was pretending to be all sure of yourself over here, and going over there and pleading for help to support the contentions you were making.

You've lost whatever credibility you ever had (which I admit wasn't that great to begin with). How can anybody trust what you say here?

Old 12-04-2008, 10:09 PM

Vice President Dallas's father was from Jamaica.
VP Charles Curtis's mom not only was not a US Citizen, but under the rules of the time, could not become one, I suspect.
VP Hubert Humphrey's mom, Ragnild Kristine Sannes, was Norwegian.
VP Spiro T. Agnew's father, Theodore Spiros Anagnostopoulos was a Greek immigrant.

No sign of naturalization for them, either.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:10 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,464,768 times
Good God.

Can we please move on from this? Get over it. Obama is as American as Baseball, Apple Pie & Chevrolet. I did'nt even vote for the guy & I'd be ready to riot if SCUS tried to intervene. You seriously think they'd overturn a presidential election over this? Get a clue.

Can we go burn calories on something else. Sheesh

Old 12-04-2008, 10:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
Vice President Dallas's father was from Jamaica.
VP Charles Curtis's mom not only was not a US Citizen, but under the rules of the time, could not become one, I suspect.
VP Hubert Humphrey's mom, Ragnild Kristine Sannes, was Norwegian.
VP Spiro T. Agnew's father, Theodore Spiros Anagnostopoulos was a Greek immigrant.

No sign of naturalization for them, either.
Good work, jps_teacher! The same rules apply for pres and VP. As I researched this, I found one sitting VP who was born in Kansas before it became a state; I don't remember his name. Who was pres. with VP Curtis?

Old 12-04-2008, 10:26 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Priceless!
Now that I've read it again, it should have been Master-Kooters.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Good work, jps_teacher! The same rules apply for pres and VP. As I researched this, I found one sitting VP who was born in Kansas before it became a state; I don't remember his name. Who was pres. with VP Curtis?
Hoover!

We had both the VP and the President having parentage that were not citizens!

And Charles Curtis - the one from Kansas, before it was a state - grew up speaking French and Kansa, before he learned English. He spent year of his childhood on the Kaw reservation and was 3/8 Native American, 1/8 French.

His mother could not become a U.S. citizen because she was considered an Indian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections